rfe

Discussion and debate of Religions that contradict scripture

rfe

Postby zeliot on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:43 pm

ya know maybe theres something to praying to saints i'd hope that if i was ever a saint (will prolly never happen till after the rapture) i'd hope i could answer a prayer or too that would be cool.

But i mean realisticly speaking you can pray to GOD or pray to a saint. If your not 100% sure if a siant can answer your prayer but your 100% God will answer your prayer who should you be prayingin too?

I hate to travel down the catholic church debate road but keep your focus on Jesus and God everything else is great nice and all but are also wonderful distractions from the truth.
zeliot

Postby zeliot on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:44 pm

was supposed to go under the st joe thread
zeliot

Postby stevesherri on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:12 pm

But .... if one of us answers a prayer .... doesn't that mean that we have the omniscence and omniprescence to hear the prayer .... and the not omni , but nonetheless quite large potence to grant the prayer.

So .... wouldn't that make us very nearly like God himself ?
I would say that can not be ... so that proves that we can would not be able to answer prayers.

Just my 2 Ameros.
stevesherri
Supporting Member

Postby Lookfortruth on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Since there is no link to a news story, and this involves "Other" religions, I moved to the proper forum. Thanks! :grin:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:39 pm

Praying to a saint (a regular person, mortal, soul in heaven, but are not deity) is futile. Completely 100% futile. Best pray to the Father in Jesus' holy name. God the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit...it's the only hope we have.
Salty Skipper

Postby RomaLynnStar on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:49 pm

Jesus is the only mediator between God the Father, and man.

We do not pray in anyone elses name. Mary, or any other so called RCC saint.

1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 12:24
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

The scriptures are very clear, we pray only in the name of Jesus Christ.

The old testament, as well gives warning of not calling on or calling up the dead.
RomaLynnStar

Postby Rich Kelley on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:38 pm

I don't think we as Christians are suppose to pray to dead people.
Rich
Jesus is the only way, get over it.
There are 30,000+ denominations/divisions in the body of Christ. Why?
Rich Kelley
Supporting Member

Return to Other Religions Discussion & Debate