Unequally Yoked Spouses Club

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:16 pm

:a3:
Come Pray with Us @
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:02 am

That is good news Spreading Salt. The little victories...mean so much. People don't change over night...I even need to remember that about myself. My husband bought two cd's for me...the new Mercy Me and Building 429...I was so happy when I opened the package...a year ago he would have bought something like Korn....not realilzing/noticing that I don't listen to that anymore.

WhiteH2OWoman....I wish you well in your surgery and recovery.
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:21 am

kat wrote: My husband bought two cd's for me...the new Mercy Me and Building 429...I was so happy when I opened the package...a year ago he would have bought something like Korn....not realilzing/noticing that I don't listen to that anymore.

:a3: Kate and Praise the Lord! I KNOW how significant this step is!!

Just because our spouses aren't saved doesn't mean they aren't capable of loving us to the fullest of their being. It is when they become saved that their love for us becomes eternal.

I pray that we all can continue to see the baby steps that God is moving through our spouses. And when we cannot see, I pray that we can walk by faith...in that our spouses are opening their hearts to Jesus every day...little by little...because God is always faithful.

God is always faithful. His mercies endure forever.

Chewing on that for the day...always and forever are pretty definitive words, no?
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:35 am

Spreading Salt wrote:
I have a praise for you. My husband has been so mellow lately. I can only attribute it to the many prayers being raised from this board, my church family, and anyone else I can get to pray for us. He used to be very angry and vocal in his objections towards anything "churchy". Now, he even rented "The End of the Spear," knowing that it had religious subject matter! That blows my mind!

Yes, we still have MANY moments but it's just different.

Thank you for your continued prayers!

I just wanted to forward this over to page 4 for the lurkers skimming through this board.... God works through our prayers...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:10 am

Thank y'all for the prayers!

The surgery went EXCELLENTLY!

Turns out it wasn't a tumor--just a Baker's cyst (dense fluid).

However, since I have such muscular calves and legs, the surgery took 3.5 hours because they had to push muscles aside. So I'm very, very sore and I have a 7-inch incision scar on the back of my knee.

But I'm good! PRAISE GOD for looking out after me!

Other good news is I'll only be on crutches 10 days (versus 3+ weeks), no muscles had to be cut, and they used some special new glue instead of stitches on the outside, so I got to take a shower the next day!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:59 pm

Praise God Tam!

Now we can pray for a speedy recovery and I have a feeling you need prayers that urge you to take it easy and let God work His healing. So glad it wasn't a tumor!!!!! :banana:

I have another praise real quick:

My husband blames my Mom for my faith, at least he focuses a lot of his anger towards her because she started mailing me great Christian books when we lived far away and stuff. The other day, we picked some apples from our forest trees(they are out of this world delicious). Jon found the biggest, worm-free apple and gloated the whole afternoon and made sure it stayed pristine and bruise-free. When we got back, he gave it to my mom!!! :shock: Could his heart be seeking peace? :grin:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:59 pm

That was a sweet thing for your husband to do. I wonder if it was like a peace offering.? In any case....it was a nice gesture.
kat

Postby Tipper on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:39 pm

Folks i know time is short and i know prayer is powerful Please pray for my wife so she may open her eyes and see the splender the lord has to offer.

Thank you
Grace and peace to each of you.
Tipper

Postby Panda on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:36 pm

:praying:
Panda

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:49 am

Tipper wrote:Folks i know time is short and i know prayer is powerful Please pray for my wife so she may open her eyes and see the splender the lord has to offer.

Thank you
Grace and peace to each of you.

Welcome to the Club Tipper - and we will for sure pray for your wife! I tell you what, prayer does some amazing things here.

PANDA - Your prayers are so welcome here!!!

Did you guys know that when I logged onto the club today there were 7777 views? The number stuck out for me and I realized that is ALOT of viewing! That is ALOT of lurkers!!

Praise the Lord!! - can you imagine how many people out there are praying specifically over this club?! It boggles the mind.

The people they know who are praying in agreeance....WOW!!
Since this club has started it feels like my life has taken on a whole new level of REVIVAL!!!

And while I am always praying for our spouses, today I would like to lift up a significant prayer for a spiritual renewal and revival in our Lord Jesus Christ that hasn't been felt in our lives since the first moment Christ stepped in.

I am picturing us ALL together on a huge beautiful beach and we have driven/drawn a line around our group in the sand...I pray that it is within this circle that revival begin right here and right now! and that through each of us - a renewed joy in the Lord is found!

Revive us again Lord....strengthen us in You and in Your Word. Lord, reinvigorate these old bones Lord - bring us to that next level of stewardship. Touch every soul that prays for our club, and revive them with your Love...Your joy....take the peace you have given us and electrify it with your energy Jesus! Your never-ending self-sustaining Love that keeps the breath in our bodies and You in our hearts!
Invigorate us, we pray in Jesus' precious and Holy name...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:53 am

I've been picturing some awesome beaches lately: amethyst, ruby, emerald, deep blue sapphire. Wouldn't it be awesome to build a sand castle out of jewelled sands?

Welcome to everyone lurking and praying. There is so much power in prayer! Our spouses will be with us in eternity!! :angel:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:10 pm

kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:19 am

I need prayer desperately.

The enemy so knows my pride issues and since I posted my jubilant feelings of revival in my life, the enemy has stepped in big time. (I didn't want to ask for prayer yesterday because I didn't want to discourage anyone....dummy me) Since about 9am yesterday my husband has been so angry at ME...to the point where he has said I should leave and many many other harsh things. There was nothing different happening in our lives to set this off.

Please continue to pray over our company finances and debt as the enemy knows those circumstances tend to set Mike off anyway.

I've cried some, but know that this is definitely a spirit based attack and as soon as Mike leaves today I will be annointing my home.

I know Mike has made some serious strides toward a relationship with Jesus. I know he is right on the fence!!

Please pray long and hard for me and Mike today Saints...I know that Jesus and your prayers for me are the ONLY thing that will stem this ugly tide.

Love you all...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ruotsher on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:08 am

Wow!! I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before!

I WILL JOIN YOUR CLUB!!!

I can empathize with probably every post on here, although I must confess I have not read them all.

After my first husband and I were saved back in ~ 1980 or so, Satan viciously attacked us, and he ended up leaving me and our 1 and 3 year olds, for our 16 year old babysitter.

I seriously backslid as Satan continued to attack me, i.e., married men in my own church started hitting on me..........

Ultimately I met my current husband. We fell deeply in love with each other, and though I knew he wasn't saved, I couldn't believe God would bring us together if He didn't have a plan. So I married Ken. We've been married for 19 years, and had two more children together. Even while trying to lead him to the Lord, I continued in a back-slidden lifestyle, with my non-believing husband.

I continously tried to get him to go to church with me, and occasionally he would. One time out of sheer frustration, I convinced him to say the sinner's prayer with me. However, years passing, I could see that he was not saved. He would not discuss God, Jesus or the bible. Getting him to church continued to be a challenge. I finally realized and admitted to myself that he was not saved and continues to this day to not be. I too, have cried many tears of sadness and frustration......... There have been times when it has gotten positively ugly between us, but knowing that I deliberately disobeyed God by marrying an unbeliver, I knew I had to stay with Him until God told me to leave -- which He emphatically has told me NOT to! I was finally given peace by God when He made me realize, as you all have said, I must trust Him for this, as in all things.

I continue to pray for Ken. And I do believe that I am seeing the Lord work in him, in small increments.......yet satan is always there in the wings waiting to attack.

My husband is accepting now that Jesus is my first love, and he is content to take second place. He witnessed our two daughters' baptisms recently, and he appeared moved by the tangible presence of the Spirit.......

He even lets me speak of prophecy being fulfilled without walking away from me in disgust. He still is hard to get to church, but we have recently found a new church with an AWSOME music band that he really enjoys listenting to. and he sings and responds during the service.

Praise the Lord..........I know He will answer my prayer, in His perfect timing.
ruotsher

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:33 am

Welcome ruotsher! :welcome:

You are in the right place and will be added to my prayers and many others I'm sure!

Church Girl,

How exactly do you annoint your house? I've heard of it but have no clue as to what to do. Please advise.

Lifting prayers for you all!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:15 am

Kina...I will be praying for you and your husband!!! Don't worry about annointing your house....just continue in prayer....THAT is the key.
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:26 am

:welcome: ruotsher....and you and Ken will be in my prayers continuously...

Mike still hasn't left the house but instead of the outbursts there is the ignoring silence, and right now...that is just fine by me.

Thank you for your immediate prayers!

On annointing....don't worry Kat I know it is the relationship with Jesus that counts but I have witnessed the first hand results of annointing in both healing as well as fighting against the enemy in my own home. I don't annoint ritual style but have been to this spiritual battle/place with Mike before and the Lord called me specifically to annoint my home then and now....the last time was so dire that I used peanut oil instead of olive.... but that's a whole 'nother story....

I can't say there is any "how to" for me....it is through prayer and intense prodding from the Spirit that guided me through it. Basically I pour a bit of oil, I guess water would work too, into a little jar and pray asking the Lord to use this gesture of mine and bless it. I pray in Jesus name and I rebuke any and all spirits or powers that are in my house or on my property that are not of Jesus to leave immediately. I pray and annoint over each door and window...

Sometimes I am called to fast other times there is immediate relief from that "tension" you can't really explain but know is there...

I didn't think there was any specific scripture that calls us to annoint our homes...and then on the web I found this a while back.....

2/ Anointing objects Exodus 30:25

and make a sacred anointing oil, ' 26/Use it to anoint the Tent of my presence, the Covenant Box, 27/ the table and all its equipment, the lampstand and its equipment'. 29/ Dedicate these things in this way, and they will be completely holy, '.

I use olive oil, or any other kitchen oil and I dab a little bit of oil on the object that I am praying for and I dedicate it to God. Then I rebuke and command all demonic forces that might be on that object to flee and never come back. Lastly I ask Almighty God to cover the object with the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

3/ Anointing the house Whenever I move into a new place, the first thing I do is hand the place over to Almighty God, the Lord Jesus Christ. You never know who the previous tenant might have been and depending upon their life style you can be sure they left a few things behind in the spiritual that, you as the new tenant, don't want to be burdened with.

I am very careful not to bring into the house objects that could have demonic influences on them. This would then give the demons the right to harass or torment me, in the form of nightmares, headaches, strife amongst family members, sickness, depression etc. However there have been many times when God has said to me, "anoint the house and get rid of the unwelcome visitors left behind". You can't help not having nonChristians walk though the house, so just as you clean a house in the physical from dirt that has collected, so it is a good idea to clean the house in the spiritual from time to time.

I start out by pointing a little dab of oil on the light switch, (I don't want oil running down flat point.) door or window frame. Then I pray the following prayer:

"Oh Lord my God I anoint this room with oil and I dedicate (hand it over) it to you. I ask for the covering of the precious blood of the Lord Jesus Christ on everything in this room." Then I say to the devil, "I command every foul demonic spirit to get out of this room now in the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ and never come back. This room belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ." I go through the whole place praying over every room in that way. If I feel uncertain that they all went I ask God to command the angels to remove any unwelcome visitors that might have been left behind. Then I hand the whole place over to God and ask him to be the head of the house and fill it with his presence.

http://www.christian-faith.com/html/pag ... ing_of_oil

After being "told" what I should do, God followed up with this confirmation for me in a long story way...

So, when annointing your home...do it all for Jesus and talk to Him the whole way through...The Holy Spirit will guide you for your specific circumstance...

Mike's outside right now, so I'm annointing in a few minutes. If you are on at 11:30 please pray with me...I am asking that anything that is not of the Lord Jesus to leave my home immediately and that they are forbidden to return.

God Bless You All!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:21 pm

Thank you soooooo much! I'll be annointing my place tomorrow! :angel:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:22 pm

:eek:

This is what I look like right now. God is so awesome and amazing I don't even know how to begin to tell you He has answered my prayers in that our current contract just pulled out from under us and performed a breach of contract! Praise the Lord, even though I am sooooooooooooo totally confused.

We are both totally floored, but the last three hours have been spent together working out our response and running through all the legal hoops us general contractors have to go through when a customer backs out or refuses to pay for services.

So, while we are now even more in the hole financially than before, Mike is talking to me again and the anger is gone. Actually all the anger and even the silent treatment died immediately at lunch time after the annointing. But, now he's treating me like we are on the same team!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :lol: okay I think I may need prayer now to forgive my husband for being such an ...meanie...

Part of me wants to still be angry at him. Jesus knew what he was talking about when he told us we had to forgive...DUDE! it can be sooooooooooooo hard....especially when you KNOW you are right.

:armor: I felt like a kung-fu warrior for Jesus today though, and that was pretty cool!

God is awesome and I can't wait to see how He works this one out.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:53 pm

Good for you Kina!!!! You know you sparked a memory of me...when I was little...I used to pray for God to bless things....like my grandmothers ring specifically...I got sick everytime I wore it...so I prayed and asked God to bless it...and after that was okay....weird....lol. Your story reminds me of getting back to the innocence....for what ever that is worth...I still do yell at satan when I feel under attack....leave me alone satan!! My mom taught me that when I was little and he was tugging at me....ugh...I had forgotten about that!!! I have never thought about anointing my home with oils...but y'know...whatever works for you...to help you feel closer to Jesus...and if you are feeling guided...go for it... I know it is in the old testament...I just want others coming here to know that you don't have to do those things in order to be praying correctly...or to be close to God....Y'know? In Christ, Kate
kat

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:44 am

In our family, we tell the devil to get off our back. My 4 yr old even swipes his back with his hand as if he's wiping his back clean. I have encouraged my kids to tell Satan to go away and ask Jesus to help them. Hopefully, that will stay with them always!

I am praying for a peace-filled, God focused day for all! :a2:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:30 am

Good morning Family! Praying for you and a peaceful day! :grin:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:36 am

Hey all!! I just want to have you all lift me and my husband up in prayer. I have been so angry with him lately!!! He seems to be ignoring me and not speaking to me...which then hurts and creates anger....I need help in prayer that our marriage be strengthened!!! God, please help my husband come to you and to accept Jesus as our savior and King!! Help him to see that the changes occuring in me are FROM Jesus and the Holy Spirit now living in me. I want for us to be closer as a couple and close together in our SHARED love of You Lord!! In your most Holy Name I pray!!!
kat

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:35 am

Keep keeping on! Love covers over a multitude of sin. As far as our spouse's are concerned - resistance is futile! :armor:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:29 am

kat wrote:Hey all!! I just want to have you all lift me and my husband up in prayer. I have been so angry with him lately!!! He seems to be ignoring me and not speaking to me...which then hurts and creates anger....I need help in prayer that our marriage be strengthened!!! God, please help my husband come to you and to accept Jesus as our savior and King!! Help him to see that the changes occuring in me are FROM Jesus and the Holy Spirit now living in me. I want for us to be closer as a couple and close together in our SHARED love of You Lord!! In your most Holy Name I pray!!!

Kat, I KNOW that the Lord has given me a word for you today. At about 8:30 or so this morning during my morning taxi-ing the kids around, I do believe the Holy Spirit impressed 1Peter 3 - specifically the following verses on my heart. I knew I needed to post this here this morning BEFORE even logging on. Praise the Lord, He is SO GOOD.

1Pe 3:1 -Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives,

1Pe 3:7 - Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Heavenly Father, I lift Kat and her husband up to You and into Your miraculous care. You know their needs Lord and we KNOW that all come together for our good here in this club, because we rely solely up You, sweet Jesus. You are our redeemer and we know that you have already seen Kat's circumstances and have already dispatched your angels to minister to both her and her husband.
I know that only You can change the heart of this couple Lord, because they truly are one in your Holy eyes. Sanctify this marriage today Lord, soften Kat's heart as only You can do.
Lord please speak to Kat as only You can. Show her Your will in this.
In Jesus Name we pray.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:57 am

HA!! I LOVE YOU JESUS!!!!
I called and was talking to my hubby....he offered to bring lunch to me...and he did....and then he stayed and ate with me in my office!! How sweet...usually he'd drop it off and just leave....it made me happy...just that small gesture.....THANK YOU!!!! :a2:
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:38 pm

Faith is amazing stuff, and one of the most powerful! Couple it with prayer, and we're already in the will of our Father.

Oh Kat, I can't tell you how happy I am for this break from the anger and tension.

Love you girl!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

unequally yoked spouses club

Postby april on Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:23 pm

Hello

I have been lurking for quit some time and was reading this thread and
felt the need to share a story with you.
A very dear life long friend of my husbands past away last year he was
only 55 years old. He was an atheist. His wife and children
were (are) very active church members. He was a science teacher
and a very fantastic all around person. His funeral was held at the school
where the auditorium was packed.
His sister was talking at the funeral and was saying "As some of you are probably not aware that he was an atheist "and that when she got the
news of her brother dying she immediately said a prayer to God about him being atheist (so did I) what happened next is what is so amazing -
she heard a voice say to her " He isn't anymore "and then she heard laughter!! :angel:
Wow! I was so excited I thought it was so amazing and I beleived it
but my husband acted like that he didn't beleive it ( that wasn't like his friend)
I don't understand my husbands attitude sometimes like this.
We both attend church except I am very involved and he goes on sundays. I talk to him about prophecy and fullfilled prophecy articles some times but I just feel like he is appeasing me just to listen.
It can be frustrating not to have someone to share these things in
a true conversation with

Love in Christ
April
:angel:
april

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:12 am

:wavewelcome: April! Glad to have you with us!

With God, all things are possible! Cool story!

I understand your frustration when you desire to share something exciting and are greeted with disinterest or boredom. I remember watching the best video at church that displayed awesome pictures from the Hubble telescope, and God of Wonders was playing in the background. The beauty and majesty of each image was breathtaking. I wanted so much to share this experience with my husband and was greeted the same way. Not only was it frustrating, but it hurt that I couldn't express my thoughts effectively or what I thought was effectively. Then Satan joined in and made me feel even more inadequate. Shake it off sister! Continue to let your light shine brightly! You never know what God will use in your relationship to spark more interest in your hubby.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:39 am

:welcome: to the club, April! I am so glad you decided to join us. Salt's right on this one, God is so faithful - with Him all things truly are possible!

I was reading the book of Jonah yesterday and it occurred to me that outside of learning to listen to God, there was (as always) more truth revealed.

Thanks to Veggie Tales many of us and our children know the story of Jonah and the whale. God tells Jonah to go to Nineveh and Jonah says no...trys to run from God...long story short - becomes whale chow for a few days before ending up in Nineveh anyway.

The part of the account that touched me most yesterday was what happened directly AFTER Jonah was thrown into the sea....

Jonah 1:16...Then the men feared the Lord exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice to the LORD, and made vows.

Because of Jonah's disobedience and ultimate admission of guilt in what he had done, these men were saved and became believers in the one true God.

They became believers through Jonah's mistake and repentence.

God knows all, and knew Jonah's response before Jonah did....He knew that these men would be saved through the actions caused by Jonah's denial and subsequent whale chow fate.

That's a prime example of all things coming together for the good for those who love the Lord.

I have a strong feeling that Jonah's story doesn't end with this chapter of his life. He probably made a ton more mistakes as well as a few right choices before he died.

Our lives can be so much like Jonah's that it is no wonder it has become such a well loved story of the Bible. It is comforting to know that even when I mess it up - God's gonna make something beautiful and eternal out of it.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby sparkly on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 am

Hello, clubmembers.

I have a....wow... to report.

Today, my son was being naughty. I wouldn't let him listen to the radio, but put in a little kid cd, where they were singing Jesus songs. He did not want to listen to it.

Later at the breakfast table, my daughter told me he was singing "Jesus hates me this I know." I was a bit shocked, because I've been teaching him that Jesus loves him. So I asked him what he was singing, and he sang it again for me. And was enjoying it! This is really unlike him...anyway, I told him I was taking the cd player out of his room right then, he wouldn't be able to listen to anything.

So, I made good and took the cd player out, and when I got back my husband was talking to him about what he had done, because Sean was sad and crying on his bagel. I told Sean, what he said about Jesus was not funny. And then my husband shocked me...he told Sean that Jesus was all about love. That he didn't hate anyone, no matter what they did.

Now, I know there is more to teach here, about sin, etc...but, my husband spoke to our son about Jesus! In a positive way! This is...this is ground breaking I feel. I had to share this here. Now, I'm going to call my mom, and tell her too. So many people are praying for Rob's salvation.
sparkly

Postby kat on Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 pm

:praise: YAY!!!!!! I love these victories!!!
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:45 pm

sparkly wrote:Hello, clubmembers.

I have a....wow... to report.

Today, my son was being naughty. I wouldn't let him listen to the radio, but put in a little kid cd, where they were singing Jesus songs. He did not want to listen to it.

Later at the breakfast table, my daughter told me he was singing "Jesus hates me this I know." I was a bit shocked, because I've been teaching him that Jesus loves him. So I asked him what he was singing, and he sang it again for me. And was enjoying it! This is really unlike him...anyway, I told him I was taking the cd player out of his room right then, he wouldn't be able to listen to anything.

So, I made good and took the cd player out, and when I got back my husband was talking to him about what he had done, because Sean was sad and crying on his bagel. I told Sean, what he said about Jesus was not funny. And then my husband shocked me...he told Sean that Jesus was all about love. That he didn't hate anyone, no matter what they did.

Now, I know there is more to teach here, about sin, etc...but, my husband spoke to our son about Jesus! In a positive way! This is...this is ground breaking I feel. I had to share this here. Now, I'm going to call my mom, and tell her too. So many people are praying for Rob's salvation.

I am crying my eyes out literally! with joy for you Sparkly!! I know what these moments mean in our lives. To outsiders, professing Jesus as the epitomy of LOVE, may seem inconsequential - but WE KNOW, don't we?!!

Praise God! He is so awesome! Even when your son made a "bad choice" God used it for His glory! What if you had opted to not discipline...as we know can sometimes occur...would the window of opportunity occurred for your husband to profess the love of Jesus?

Are we on the path towards....

Matt 10:32 Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in Heaven.

I say YES!

Now, I know there is more to teach here, about sin, etc...but, my husband spoke to our son about Jesus! In a positive way! This is...this is ground breaking I feel. I had to share this here. Now, I'm going to call my mom, and tell her too. So many people are praying for Rob's salvation
:a3: Sparkly!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby sparkly on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:14 pm

Thank you, Kina. It's been a long time since I've had the tiniest glimmer of hope...
sparkly

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:26 pm

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We love You Jesus! Thank you for Rob's reaction to Sean's misdirected humor. What a wonderful moment for teaching and strengthening our need of You! Thank you for a faithful Mom!

Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:22 pm

Our church is in the middle of a 40 days of prayer session. One of the items we are praying for is marriage and I am being sure to include all of us in the unequally yoked marriages in my prayers. I feel peace in my own home these days and I pray you are all looking to our wonderful Father for your strength. I had the strength to discuss the speed at which the world is rapidly experiencing end time events the other day with my husband. I hope that God will use the seeds that were planted in that conversation. :a2: At least he didn't get angry and disgusted this time.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:28 pm

The Lord is Able...

:praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby kat on Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:07 pm

My hubby and I have been getting along really well lately!!! Yea!!! I still talk to him every now and then about end times...the other day I told him that if the time comes and I feel the need to go into hiding...and he wants to come...he is more than welcome....I was half joking....and he just smiled and said...Ok..Thanks....
I have shown him this site...told him to start at the main page and read what Herb has written on the signs...and recommendation 666....he showed some interest....but I think he is just afraid...So...pray for him to lose that prideful fear....Pray for him to let go and believe in our Savior!! I know my husband believes in Jesus....but being a Catholic...I am not sure that his belief is solid....and I don't think it is correct....??? He doesn't like to talk about it...too personal. I just pray that he is coming around....rolls his eyes at me less at least!lol.
kat

Postby bugtussle on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:49 am

Kat, I will pray that he desire more of Jesus ... :a2:

Sparkly, that is so cool the way God worked that out with your husband and son!

:banana: with all of you ladies!

love,

Mary

PS - Hey when we reach 1,000 posts do we win anything? :sunshine:
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His mercy will never fail. Amen.
bugtussle

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:25 pm

Hello all you Saints and Warriors!!!

Life has been crazy these last few weeks and has totally kept me from here physically, but KNOW you have all been in my prayers.

It is wonderful to hear of the calm that seems to be permeating our households of late. Sometimes it makes me wonder if us UY couples are in sync with the birth pangs signaling our Lord's return.

Kat - I had to giggle - our hubbies are so the same. I've already put in my build req to Mike for an underground shelter.

Salt -
I had the strength to discuss the speed at which the world is rapidly experiencing end time events the other day with my husband. I hope that God will use the seeds that were planted in that conversation. At least he didn't get angry and disgusted this time.

:a3: baby steps are still steps!

PRAYER REQUEST:
Please pray for the Lord's will in the current construction loan we have pending for our first spec home. We are supposed to hear back today on where we stand.
Everyone remembers my earlier drama when we came close to losing our home...well, since then the PEACE I have regarding our finances is just nuts. I am really okay - finally coming to knowing that God is going to care for us. I'm not worried about the Lord...The battle starts when I begin doubting our abilities...

Oh yeah - I've got a nasty nasty flu and fever and icky yuck right now that I need to be rid of TODAY because tomorrow night I am due to give a presentation to my daughters' schools' Board of Elders that I am not fully prepared for. (post note: this email took me over an hour to write)

Thank you Saints, in advance, for what I know will be hard-core prayers going up for me and my family.

You know since starting this club we've had over 12,000 views. Wow!! I still get goosebumps thinking about the ripple effect. It also makes me think that it's time another joined our club.

Won't you say hi, dear reader? No confession needed, no need to state your story...just a hello from you is all it takes to get on the prayer wagon! lol!

I love you all so!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:12 pm

I am praying for your health Kina!!!! Get well!!! Knock on wood-but so far no flu here....Good luck on that presentation!!! God will pull you through if it is something He wants you to do. His will be done....not yours...MAYBE He is telling you to rest....?
kat

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:12 pm

Kat, it's great to hear y'all are getting along better! Us, too.

ChurchGirl, I hear ya bigtime on the pride issue...it has always been huge for me although I'm just now up to admitting it.

Bad news/Good news: that knee surgery I had to get the Baker's Cyst out did not cure the pain, so I went back to my orthopedic. FINALLY--he recommended knee replacement and referred me to an orthopedic specialist!

I say finally because I've struggled with this knee pain for 8 years, 4 surgeries, shots, supplements, Celebrex, acupuncture...you name it.

The specialist took me seriously and they are fast-tracking this.

I'm scheduled for knee replacement surgery on Monday, November 20th. I am only 48, and they don't generally like to do this surgery on people under 60 since the replacement WILL wear out in 8-20 years...but at this point, I have no other options other than constant, chronic pain.

PRAISE GOD! And please, if you would, take a moment on Monday (Thanksgiving week) to pray for me. I will spend at least one night in the hospital (first time EVER), and then they'll see how I do as far as when I can go home.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:16 pm

I hope your hubby will be kind enough to smuggle in some real food for you!! Hospital food can be pretty icky!!! Good luck on the surgery!! I really hope that you heal quickly and the new knee allows you to remain active!!!
kat

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:50 pm

I am very glad they are fast tracking you, WWW!!! Please keep us posted, as we will be praying. My step mother-in-law had one a couple of years ago and she is so glad she did.
Salty Skipper

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Thank you, Kat and Salty!
On the hospital food, most hospitals in Austin have gone to menus that you order off of from your room...my husband got that treatment 3 years ago when his lung collapsed.

Yep, the whole idea of joint replacement is to restore mobility. It's not a perfect technology--you have to give up some things, like running. But my regular orthopedic made me give up running 2 years ago anyway, to try to stave off knee replacement.

I'm kind of nervous about it but the orthopedic specialist and the hospital are both very, very good, and I know I'm in good hands...most especially the Lord's!
:angel:
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Can this really be happening?

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:27 am

I never thought I would be writing this to you all....never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen...at least not this soon...

MY HUBBIE AND I ARE NOW EQUALLY YOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!

The testimony is SO HUGE I have to take some more time to write it all down! But it involves annointing and birds and an alter and a dead bird and a benefit concert....

As of Friday morning, November 17, 2006 at approximately 10:45 am Jesus loosed my husband from all his anger and chains and we are no longer unequal!! On the 18th He confirmed it for us both...and now I know I have a story to tell you all..

It really can happen! Your spouse can and will come to know Jesus. God's word never never never fails!

It seems all too unreal right now - and I am just enjoying my mountaintop experience...

Once I could get to a computer I had to let you all know. I promise to give you the whole wonderful testimony very soon...

Praise the Lord ALL you people. I KNOW your prayers were a life line for my marriage. I could feel the difference in my life and see the results of peace permeate me through some of our hardest struggles.

Now I ask for fervent prayer to cover Mike as he is being attacked big time in all areas of our lives right now. The funny thing is, I told him to expect it and all he can say is..."so this is what you mean when you say you're being attacked" He also learning the first pangs of conviction...

Please pray over our business and contracts as this is where my husband can be hit the hardest. Please pray specifically for clarity and truth to shine above all else throughout our lives and the lives of our customers. And please pray for the safety of my Miguel Angel.

I know the hornet's next has been stirred with Mike's salvation.
:armor:

Praise God! Through Jesus the battle has already been won!

Maybe one last prayer request, that God equip me with everything we need to put on a benefit concert for our local Christian bookstore by the end of the year. This story is tied to Mike's so I'll save it for tomorrow - Wednesday at the latest!

This is a testimony you will want to pass on!

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE YOU ALL!?!?!?
:banana: :angel: :banana: :angel: :banana: :angel:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:41 pm

WOW!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

I can't wait to hear the testimony. I will pray diligently for discernment and God's guidance in your marriage and business. I look forward to meeting you both in eternity!!!!! :bounce: :hugs2: :praise:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:08 pm

OK>>>so I am sitting here at work...CRYING TEARS OF JOY FOR YOU BOTH!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW AWESOME is OUR GOD!!! :praise: :blessyou: :onlyjesus: WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!
Kina!! I cannot even begin to tell you how flipping excited this makes me!!! I will be praying that the beast leaves you and Mike alone in his new Christianity!!!! ROCK ON!!!! I wish I could hug you right now. :hugs:
kat

Our Testimony

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:20 pm

You guys - this is so long, but it had to be written. I've tried to whittle it down to the main points but you know when God moves it is more than miraculous! When He saved Israel out of Pharoahs hand you know that each of those individual families had their own miny miracles going on. You know that because that's how our God works. So without begin anymore long winded than I have to....

I turned 33 on November 10th. On November 16th I went into our local Christian bookstore Abiding in the Vine and talked to them about their miracle of having an opportunity to move into what was almost a strip bar on main street. Short story: they are selling engraved paver bricks to line the side of the building. The strip bar was supposed to be open already, but through the grace of God this is now possible. They have until the 22nd to raise the needed funds.

With my dance teaching background I offer to put a benefit concert on for them as God had already sent me one this past summer to put on for my friend who got this rare form of brain tumor/cancer and had $$$$ in bills and was gonna die according to doc’s and then gets healed and then a majority of the bills gets cleared by God and then my life begins at the start of the club here as you guys know it and the concert goes to the side. God says wait- and if you;’d like that back story testimony I can email it to you also – totally cool!

Kate who is one of the owners of the bookstore thinks it is a great idea and I should pray about it and then meet her at the theatre on Friday the 17th at 10am. I go home, and Mike says – yeah right like you got time to put on a benefit concert before the end of this year. I say with God all things are possible, and he says humph.

Next morning meet Kate at the theatre. Now God has been giving me visions for the past three years and many signs that I’ve wondered if I was just building them up in my own head because of my prior life practicing magic and being in the occult lifestyle. So I was unsure if it was my flesh or if it was the Lord. Anyway, the place is exactly what God had been sending me and my mom and that’s a whole nother story but it was clear to me that I was in a place God had shown me in multiple visions. The whole place was renovated to the point of a sprinkler system and ready for the poles and cages for the girls when the owner ran out of $$ - in steps Abiding in the Vine ready to mortgage everything to move into this amazing community theatre on main street in our one stop light town!

So, I start crying and we decide to pray and Kate says something I can’t remember and I ask God to equip me, and before I can finish in walk Dick and Jan this sweet little old couple who travel around in their RV for the Lord, apparently – cause I had never met them before. Dick proceeds to tell me he is a prophet of God. This is a first for me. But I’m going with it. Then he proceeds to look directly at me and begin repeating to me my visions, that what God had told me was so, etc. etc. Things that only my journal and the Lord have seen! Then he begins to tell me that he has had this word for me for 33 years, and he now figured out why God had placed them in my town for the last three months. That I was to do what I was being called to do, etc – they had no idea why I was there. Then they send Kate to the store to get 2 quarts of pure virgin olive oil, cause we are going to anoint the building.

She leaves and then they ask me if I am ready to know for sure that my visions are from the Lord and that my anointing that He revealed to me (they knew what it was – and NO ONE knew it) and I say yes so they ask if they can anoint me and I say yes and then Dick looks at me and says –
YOUR husband should be here and then he pauses and says that although we are UY he will be affected by this and that I shouldn’t worry. So his wife anoints my forehead and they start praying in tongues (again a FIRST for me) and they have me renounce all the demons in my life and spirits and evil forces…it was all rather ritualistic if I were to look in from the outside. But then all of a sudden – like on TV I convulse and fall to the side. I had to sit down.

A bit later in walks Kate and she has no idea what had just happened but she begins praying out loud in tongues (I didn’t know she did that – I had just really met her) and they all are and Dick asks me if I want the gift also and I say I want whatever God wants to give me – and so they anoint me again and this time I had to sit down immediately. Then Kate this little waif of a woman is standing over me – but the poorly lit theatre is being filled with what I know to be the light of God and Kate begins telling me something – and she is getting brighter and brighter and then out of the sky (this gets a bit hard to describe) a big pink and white cake comes out and it all Disney and sparkly and it has 33 candles on it and I hear the Lord say Happy Birthday daughter and then the cake explodes like a big fireworks display.

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME!! I KNEW that my vision was real and from the Lord and not some freaky acid flashback or from the enemy. So – it doesn’t end there – this is why it took so long for me to post this!

Then we proceed to anoint the building. And I am talking a truly step by step ritual that I found to be uncomfortable but at the same time totally biblical, scriptural and of the Lord. The anointing was not a simple splash of the oil. All of this happened beginning at 10:20 when the prophet walked in to 10:45 when I was first anointed to 11:00am when I received my second anointing of tongues (although that has not happened yet)

Throughout this time Mike is working with two guys clearing our land for our new spec home. He bends over to pick up a piece of wood for the burn pile and out of the sky comes hurtling down this bird that crash lands right in front of my husbands outreached hand.

Now birds are a significant sign for me these last four years, my mom and her dad who was a preacher as well. Also for Mike, although he was not attributing these from the Lord. For instance just one of perhaps a dozen or so significant signs. Two years ago during a huge battle – my husband threatening to leave the Lord tells me to stay with him and says that Mike will be what I need him to be in the last days and then in walks me husband and is holding a live sparrow or robin – not sure which in his hand and says he just reached up to grab a branch and he caught the bird in his bare hand. Mr. Miyagi style. He was floored that day.

This was the same type of experience for him and he picked the bird up and say that it was dead and mangled and mutilated on the back of it’s head and it had been a dead a while. He calls the guys over and they search the sky for an eagle or something. Nothing to be seen. Mike sets the bird aside in a ravine ditch type place and then goes on about his day. I come home from the theatre two hours late and can’t tell Mike cause the boys are there. For the rest of the afternoon I am filled with an energy I can’t attribute to anything other than the Holy Spirit – I was talking a mile a minute and praising the Lord, and everywhere just spouting off about how Good God was. I freaked my kids out a bit I think – and Kierra my oldest thought I had been drinking the holiday wine. LOL!
So it is dinner time and the whole family is sitting down to a dinner – surreal for us during our this phase of construction and I can’t contain and spew my story out.

Then, very timidly, Mike tells me his story. And then asks me what it meant. The dead bird and all – and he was totally concerned people. Inside I’m thinking – it’s means you gonna die - cause I got anointed today – and a dead bird can’t be a good thing. But I say out loud. Oh I don’t know I’m gonna have to pray on that one. LOL! He laughs and then gets TOTALLY BEHIND the benefit concert.

That evening was so amazingly peaceful in our home - so much so that the Girls asked me if everything was okay. I can’t describe it – but it was not how our home usually felt.

Midnight – been in bed a couple of hours dead asleep and God says wake up go to the couch – there’s a window there I can look out and see all the stars – anyway I out to the couch and I’m laying there and the dead bird comes to mind and I start praying and I’m looking out the window and it had been very overcast and cloudy and then I see the clouds part to this neat little circle where I can see the stars and I’m in awe of how bright they are and I see this formation of what to looks like an wheel with octopus legs and then I see a K and I’m thinking ah that’s cool and then I realize that God’s trying to show me something so I try to quiet my thoughts but can’t and then I know that the Lord is going to give me my answer when I wake up cause I’m way too in my own flesh type of feeling – still feeling very special over the anointing and knowing that something big was going to happen.

Wake up on couch next morning and I just know that the bird was my sin and the occult and Mike’s barriers to a relationship with Jesus and accepting him solely as his savior – and all those evil things – and that the dead bird was the only sign that would get Mike to accept everything I had to tell him about my anointing – things that I can’t even reveal here. But even then I decided that’s too much for Mike to take and thought I could never tell him all that and he would believe me - and then we are sitting down to breakfast and Mike brings it up again and says in front of the kids. So, did God tell you what the dead bird meant? He was very very concerned. So I told him. So we decide to go find the bird. Throw on our boots and robes and start the walk to the adjacent property.

We find the bird and sure enough it is exactly as horrible as he described and the Lord says, put it on the alter for me. And so I tell Mike and he says he agrees and so Mike builds back up one of our burn piles and we get a stump and we place the bird on there and then we watch it for an hour as it goes up.

I can’t explain it guys, it was then that I just knew Mike had made his peace with God and that he had finally accepted Jesus and just turned his life over. I start crying and he puts his arm around me and we start walking home up the path. Halfway up Mike begins praising God and saying that the property and the home we were building he was turning over to Jesus and that he was going to do whatever God wants us to do with the property and that only Christians would be building on it.
That night we played Monopoly as a family for the first time for four hours.
Mike’s anger is COMPLETELY GONE.
There is a peace in our home that cannot be explained away!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

The last nine days have been surreal. We are being attacked in every way possible, and yet it is all okay. The mountaintop experience was truly a revival, and I am here to tell you that your spouses too will be saved. That you will be attacked through it – but that you have already won the battle – your fervent prayers your will to have your spouses saved. That’s God’s will too! It is His will that all come to him, and your prayers will make that a reality in the lives of your spouses.

I am here to proclaim to you that we are unequally yoked only for a season of refining – only for a season people!! Have faith that this period is only a season. They will be saved, they will come to Jesus. It will happen for you too!

I’m not leaving this club!

It was your prayers that opened a floodgate of blessing upon our lives. It was a catalyst for the epic battle that we just endured as a family. But, the kicker is God is on our side – there is nothing that is impossible for him! NOTHING!

Have faith. Use it abundantly and with everything. Fight the enemy with the Word of God and know that you will not leave this world unequally yoked. Know and have faith that your prayers are already answered. That it will be God’s appointed time, but it is a time He has already appointed for your spouses. The victory is already won.

Funny little edit - the prophet's name is short of Richard and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why his name would be hidden from you guys! LOL! I'm still a dork. An annointed dork, but a dork none-the-less.

Here's to all dorks for Jesus.

I love you guys!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

A Psalm

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Prayer is Power. And it is the easiest and strongest weapon God has equipped us with. Prayer. It changes lives, circumstances, events and history. With God, all things are possible. And He gives us that power through Jesus Christ - the power to have all things possible!

All is a pretty specific word.

The Lord has placed it on my heart to post this Psalm here and ask for your prayers along with mine.

Psalm 66

Shout with joy to God, all the earth!
Sing the glory of his name;
make his praise glorious!
Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power
that your enemies cringe before you.
All the earth bows down to you;
they sing praise to you,
they sing praise to your name."
Selah

Come and see what God has done,
how awesome his works in man's behalf!
He turned the sea into dry land,
they passed through the waters on foot -
come, let us rejoice in him!

He rules forever by his power,
his eyes watch the nations -
let not the rebellious rise up against him.
Selah

Praise our God, O peoples,
let the sound of his praise be heard;
he has preserved our lives
and kept our feet from slipping.

For you, O God, tested us;
you refined us like silver.
You brought us into prison
and laid burdens on our backs.
You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but you brought us to a place of abundance.

I will come to your temple with burnt offerings
and fulfill my vows to you -
vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke
when I was in trouble.
I will sacrifice fat animals to you
and an offering of rams;
I will offer bulls and goats.
Selah

Come and listen, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.

I cried out to him with my mouth;
his praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;
but God has surely listened
and heard my voice in prayer.

Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

PreviousNext

Return to Family Room