Holly-Heaven and hell: Compelling (and surprising!) answers

Latest prophecy related news.

Holly-Heaven and hell: Compelling (and surprising!) answers

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Heaven and hell: Compelling (and surprising!) answers to your questions - Holly

Have you ever wondered about the afterlife? What will heaven be like? What will we do there? Do we go straight there when we die or somewhere else first? And, a burning question for many, will our pets be there? (I admit I skipped ahead to find out the answer to that last one!)

These questions and more are answered in the book 40 Questions About Heaven and Hell by Alan W. Gomes. Gomes is a professor of theology at Talbot School of Theology in Southern California. He’s viewed as a first-rate theologian and was also one of my favorite professors when I was a student at Biola.

Simply put, his book is outstanding. I can’t recommend it highly enough. Neither can its reviewers, including respected Christian scholars such as Wayne Grudem, Michael Horton, and J.P. Moreland. They’ve called it “an outstanding analysis,” “a superb resource,” and “a masterpiece.” No doubt it will become the go-to resource for pastors, church leaders, and anyone else who’s interested in learning what the Bible has to say about the afterlife.

Below I list three things I learned while reading this book. Let me warn you that some of the things I share may, at first, seem shocking. But I assure you that Gomes’ chief concern is to be faithful to Scripture, and it shows. He grounds all his answers in God’s Word. As Grudem observed, the book is “relentlessly faithful to Scripture.”

continued at the Spirit of Error
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Holly-Heaven and hell: Compelling (and surprising!) answers

Postby burien1 on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:41 am

Very interesting, but 49$ for a book ?Not on my budget. :(
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Return to What you think (About news)