US to Move Embassy to Jerusalem on 5/14/18 "70 years"

Latest prophecy related news.

US to Move Embassy to Jerusalem on 5/14/18 "70 years"

Postby extravagantchristian on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 366672002/

Move comes on Israel's 70th Independence Day

The United States is expected to move Israel's embassy to Jerusalem on May 14, known as Israeli Independence Day, according to two Israeli newspapers Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post who sited both U.S. and Israeli officials.

Vice President Pence told the Israeli Parliament last month that a new U.S. Embassy to Israel would open in Jerusalem before the end of 2019.

Could 70 years be prophetic?
Zechariah 1:12 Then the Angel of the Lord answered and said, “O Lord of hosts, how long will You not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which You were angry these seventy years?”

Zechariah 7:5 “Say to all the people of the land, and to the priests: ‘When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months during those seventy years, did you really fast for Me—for Me?
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Re: US to Move Embassy to Jerusalem on 5/14/18 "70 years"

Postby shorttribber on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:52 am

extravagantchristian wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/02/23/reports-u-s-move-israels-embassy-jerusalem-may-14/366672002/

Move comes on Israel's 70th Independence Day

The United States is expected to move Israel's embassy to Jerusalem on May 14, known as Israeli Independence Day, according to two Israeli newspapers Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post who sited both U.S. and Israeli officials.

Vice President Pence told the Israeli Parliament last month that a new U.S. Embassy to Israel would open in Jerusalem before the end of 2019.

Could 70 years be prophetic?
Zechariah 1:12 Then the Angel of the Lord answered and said, “O Lord of hosts, how long will You not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which You were angry these seventy years?”

Zechariah 7:5 “Say to all the people of the land, and to the priests: ‘When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months during those seventy years, did you really fast for Me—for Me?

Very interesting indeed. And I would be inclined to say, yes, prophetic!

:clock:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:36 am

:clock:
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:17 am

Question:

How long did Israel posses the land before God judged them the 1st and 2nd times?

Anyone know?
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:11 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Question:

How long did Israel posses the land before God judged them the 1st and 2nd times?

Anyone know?

That's a good question, I have no idea though. That would be good to know too.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Can someone decode this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... _of_Israel

The Jewish people have long maintained both physical and religious ties with the land of Israel. Although they had first arrived centuries earlier, and the Jewish Bible claims that a Jewish monarchy existed starting in the 10th century BCE, the first appearance of the name "Israel" in the secular (non-Biblical) historic record is the Egyptian Merneptah Stele, circa 1200 BCE. During the Biblical period, two kingdoms occupied the highland zone, the Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) in the north, and the Kingdom of Judah in the south. The Kingdom of Israel was conquered by the Neo-Assyrian Empire (circa 722 BCE), and the Kingdom of Judah by the Neo-Babylonian Empire (586 BCE). Upon the defeat of the Babylonian Empire by the Achaemenid Empire under Cyrus the Great (538 BCE), the Jewish elite returned to Jerusalem, and the Second Temple was built.

In 332 BCE the Macedonian Greeks under Alexander the Great conquered Israel, starting a long religious struggle that split the Jewish population into traditional (orthodox) and Hellenized components.

In 165 BCE, after the religion-driven Maccabean Revolt, the independent orthodox Hasmonean Kingdom was established. In 64 BCE the Romans conquered Israel, turning it into a Roman province. Although coming under the sway of various empires and home to a variety of ethnicities, the area of ancient Israel was predominantly Jewish until the Jewish–Roman wars of 66–136 CE, during which the Romans expelled most of the Jews from the area and replaced it with the Roman province of Palaestina, beginning the Jewish Diaspora. After this time, Jews became a minority in most regions, except Galilee, and the area became increasingly Christian after the 3rd century, though the percentages of Christians and Jews are unknown, the former perhaps coming to predominate in urban areas, the latter remaining in rural areas[1] Jewish settlements declined from over 160 to 50 by the time of the Muslim conquest. Michael Avi-Yonah calculated that Jews constituted 10–15% of Palestine's population by the time of the Persian invasion of 614,[2] while Moshe Gil claims that Jews constituted the majority of the population until the 7th century Muslim conquest (638 CE).[3]

In 1099 the Crusaders conquered Jerusalem and nearby coastal areas, losing and recapturing it for almost 200 years until their final ouster from Acre in 1291. In 1517 the Ottoman Empire conquered it, ruling it until the British conquered it in 1917, and ruled it under the British Mandate until 1948, when the Jewish State of Israel was proclaimed, which was made possible by the Zionist movement and its promotion of mass Jewish immigration.

My point is, if God allowed them to stay in the land for hundreds of years at a time, why would He only give them 70 years in the last days? Wouldn't He be more patient?
extravagantchristian

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:49 am

My point is, if God allowed them to stay in the land for hundreds of years at a time, why would He only give them 70 years in the last days? Wouldn't He be more patient?

Good question. One of the many questions that I will ask God when I meet him :wink:
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Exit40 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:57 am

Anyone know?

The first time was 70 Sabbaths, 490 years I believe. I'm not sure of the second time.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:19 am

Don't forget that God has judged Israel for disobedience and idolatry and rebellion from the time that they came out of Egypt.

Remember:

Korah, Dathan, & Abiram: 20,000
The Golden Calf: 3,000
Plague of the quails: Unknown how many
Judgement on Aaron & Miriam: Leprosy
Kadesh Barnea: All of Israel over 20 die in wilderness. God just about wipes them all out and accomplishes his plan thru Moses. Defeat at hands Amalakites and Canaanites.

Deu 9:7 Remember, and forget not, how thou provokedst the LORD thy God to wrath in the wilderness: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, until ye came unto this place, ye have been rebellious against the LORD.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Jericho on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:49 am

They have never possessed the full extent of their land as promised by God, and won't until the Millennial Kingdom.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Jericho wrote:

They have never possessed the full extent of their land as promised by God, and won't until the Millennial Kingdom.

How do you know that?
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Ready1 wrote:Don't forget that God has judged Israel for disobedience and idolatry and rebellion from the time that they came out of Egypt.

Remember:

Korah, Dathan, & Abiram: 20,000
The Golden Calf: 3,000
Plague of the quails: Unknown how many
Judgement on Aaron & Miriam: Leprosy
Kadesh Barnea: All of Israel over 20 die in wilderness. God just about wipes them all out and accomplishes his plan thru Moses. Defeat at hands Amalakites and Canaanites.

Deu 9:7 Remember, and forget not, how thou provoked the LORD thy God to wrath in the wilderness: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, until ye came unto this place, ye have been rebellious against the LORD.

Good point.
extravagantchristian

Postby Jericho on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:
Jericho wrote:

How do you know that?

https://lilo97423.wordpress.com/2011/06 ... of-israel/
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Jericho, thanks for posting. I've heard that before but didn't know the verses that proove it.
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Exit40 wrote:

Anyone know?

The first time was 70 Sabbaths, 490 years I believe. I'm not sure of the second time.

God Bless You

David

70 "weeks" interesting.
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:34 pm

And, EC, one time...after the crucifixion and rejection of Christ, Judgment came only 40 years later, in 70 AD

There's that number 70 again!

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:50 pm

ST that is interesting. 40 yrs and 70 yrs.

This year could be trouble for Israel. Bigly.
extravagantchristian

Postby A_Watchman on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:24 am

Been awhile. I was wondering if you all, (Fulfilled Prophecy Forum), would be looking at that date. A few years back, a group of us here realized that the 70 years was around the corner. I honestly wished that the original servers hadn't failed, or is there any ways to find in a data file that had them archived? So many insights, so many valuable points lost.

None the less, we are now near. Either I am in need of serious therapy, or my soul is quaking in anticipation of the coming times. When Babylon falls.... we are not ready.
ELoeb
A_Watchman

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:26 am

A_Watchman wrote:Been awhile. I was wondering if you all, (Fulfilled Prophecy Forum), would be looking at that date. A few years back, a group of us here realized that the 70 years was around the corner. I honestly wished that the original servers hadn't failed, or is there any ways to find in a data file that had them archived? So many insights, so many valuable points lost.

Hi A_Watchman! Good to hear from you again.

I can probably find the thread you are referring to, but it may take awhile. I'll post a couple links and you can wade through them to determine which is the one you want. OK?

It would be helpful if I knew if Jerusalem was included in the topic name, but if that's not possible, it's ok.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 am

A_Watchman wrote:Been awhile. I was wondering if you all, (Fulfilled Prophecy Forum), would be looking at that date. A few years back, a group of us here realized that the 70 years was around the corner. I honestly wished that the original servers hadn't failed, or is there any ways to find in a data file that had them archived? So many insights, so many valuable points lost.

None the less, we are now near. Either I am in need of serious therapy, or my soul is quaking in anticipation of the coming times. When Babylon falls.... we are not ready.

Hi A Watchman: If your are in need of serious therapy given babylon falling and America being completely unprepared for it, you would not be alone. There are many of us (here on this forum and in my world, too) who are regularly discussing the world we are seeing right now. There is a reason scripture says this will be the worst time the world has seen, and not to hasten the day.....
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby kirthril on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:28 pm

I don't think you guys have to be worried whether or not America will be prepared or not for the fall of Babylon simply because there won't be much of an "America" left when it happens.

Read closer to the fall of end times Babylon and you will see it takes place at the end of the GT, during the period of wrath, the 7 bowls. When the AC has taken Jerusalem, and victory seems all be imminent, the order will be given to destroy MB, for the purpose of moving the religious capital of the AC religion from there to Jerusalem. Babylon will be of no use and it must be destroyed so that its followers will now see Jerusalem as their holy city rather than Babylon.

But, as stated, at the very end of the GT... there won't be much of an "America" left anyway, so preparation is completely out of the question, as during this period of wrath, the church has already been removed, and only the wicked remain (save for the remnant of Israel).
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Return to What you think (About news)