Chavez Calls Blair 'Pawn of Imperialism'

Latest prophecy related news.

Chavez Calls Blair 'Pawn of Imperialism'

Postby DP on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:01 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Wednesday called British Prime Minister Tony Blair "a pawn of imperialism," accusing him of siding with President Bush in a confrontation with Venezuela. <br>
<br>
Chavez said he will have to search for a nickname for the British leader just as he now calls President Bush "Mr. Danger."<br>
<br>
Blair "is being a pawn of imperialism trying now to attack us from Europe," said Chavez in the western oil city of El Tablazo.<br>
<br>
A spokeswoman for Blair's office said Chavez "is entitled to his views." She spoke on condition of anonymity, in line with government policy.<br>
<br>
Chavez's broadside came after Blair urged Venezuela to abide by the rules of the international community, adding he would like to see true democracy in communist-led Cuba, Venezuela's closest ally in Latin America.<br>
<br>
"I say with the greatest respect to the president of Venezuela that when he forms an alliance with Cuba, I would prefer to see Cuba a proper functioning democracy," Blair said in Parliament.<br>
<br>
Chavez said it was Blair who blatantly violated international law by sending British troops to join the U.S.-led war in Iraq.<br>
<br>
"You, Mr. Blair, do not have the morality to call on anyone to respect the rules of the international community," said Chavez. "You are precisely the one of those who has disrespected international law the most ... siding with Mr. Danger to trample the people in Iraq."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060209/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/venezuela_chavez;_ylt=ArRj4cTrYvX4UUpMO3v2AmRvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--" target="top">Link</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p>---------------<br>
“Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight” (Psalm 144:1)</p><i></i>
DP

Return to What you think (About news)