Unequally Yoked Spouses Club (cont.)

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu May 03, 2007 4:19 pm

:welcome: wvdeerhunter...can I just call you Deer? :wink:

Praying for you hardcore! I've had a taste of Mormonism from my brother's ex-wife and it is unpleasant. Also, received a promise from God audibly that my husband would live his life by the Word of God....less than a year later, my husband accepted Christ.

The Lord found Abraham to be full of faith. He wants us to believe. And when you are given a promise like that....treat it as if it were already so.

Here is my testimony on Mike getting saved....it's long....

NOVEMBER 2006

I turned 33 on November 10th. On November 16th I went into our local Christian bookstore Abiding in the Vine and talked to them about their miracle of having an opportunity to move into what was almost a strip bar on main street. Short story: they are selling engraved paver bricks to line the side of the building. The strip bar was supposed to be open already, but through the grace of God this is now possible. They have until the 22nd to raise the needed funds.

With my dance teaching background I offer to put a benefit concert on for them as God had already sent me one this past summer to put on for my friend who got this rare form of brain tumor/cancer and had $$$$ in bills and was gonna die according to doc’s and then gets healed and then a majority of the bills gets cleared by God and then my life begins at the start of the Unequally Yoked Spouses Club here as you guys know it and the concert goes to the side. God says wait- and if you’d like that back story testimony I can email it to you also – totally cool!

Kate who is one of the owners of the bookstore thinks it is a great idea and I should pray about it and then meet her at the theatre on Friday the 17th at 10am. I go home, and Mike says – yeah right like you got time to put on a benefit concert before the end of this year. I say with God all things are possible, and he says humph.

Next morning meet Kate at the theatre. Now God has been giving me visions for the past three years and many signs that I’ve wondered if I was just building them up in my own head because of my prior life practicing magic and being in the occult lifestyle. So I was unsure if it was my flesh or if it was the Lord. Anyway, the place is exactly what God had been sending me and my mom and that’s a whole nother story but it was clear to me that I was in a place God had shown me in multiple visions. The whole place was renovated to the point of a sprinkler system and ready for the poles and cages for the girls when the owner ran out of $$ - in steps Abiding in the Vine ready to mortgage everything to move into this amazing community theatre on main street in our one stop light town!

So, I start crying and we decide to pray and Kate says something I can’t remember and I ask God to equip me, and before I can finish in walk Dick and Jan this sweet little elder couple who travel around in their RV for the Lord, apparently – cause I had never met them before. Dick proceeds to tell me he is a prophet of God. This is a first for me. But I’m going with it. Then he proceeds to look directly at me and begin repeating to me my visions, that what God had told me was so, etc. etc. Things that only my journal and the Lord have seen! Then he begins to tell me that he has had this word for me for 33 years, and he now figured out why God had placed them in my town for the last three months. That I was to do what I was being called to do, etc – they had no idea why I was there. Then they send Kate to the store to get 2 quarts of pure virgin olive oil, cause we are going to anoint the building.

She leaves and then they ask me if I am ready to know for sure that my visions are from the Lord and that my anointing that He revealed to me (they knew what it was – and NO ONE knew it) and I say yes so they ask if they can anoint me and I say yes and then Dick looks at me and says –
YOUR husband should be here and then he pauses and says that although we are UY he will be affected by this and that I shouldn’t worry. So his wife anoints my forehead and they start praying in tongues (again a FIRST for me) and they have me renounce all the demons in my life and spirits and evil forces…it was all rather ritualistic if I were to look in from the outside. I had to sit down.

A bit later in walks Kate and she has no idea what had just happened but she begins praying out loud in tongues (I didn’t know she did that – I had just really met her) and they all are and Dick asks me if I want the gift also and I say I want whatever God wants to give me – and so they anoint me again and this time I had to sit down immediately. Then Kate this little waif of a woman is standing over me – but the poorly lit theatre is being filled with what I know to be the light of God and Kate begins telling me something – and she is getting brighter and brighter and then out of the sky (this gets a bit hard to describe) a big pink and white cake comes out and it all Disney and sparkly and it has 33 candles on it and I hear the Lord say Happy Birthday daughter and then the cake explodes like a big fireworks display.

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME!! I KNEW that my vision was real and from the Lord and not some freaky acid flashback or from the enemy. So – it doesn’t end there – this is why it took so long for me to post this!

Then we proceed to anoint the building. And I am talking a truly step by step ritual that I found to be uncomfortable but at the same time totally biblical, scriptural and of the Lord. The anointing was not a simple splash of the oil. All of this happened beginning at 10:20 when the prophet walked in to 10:45 when I was first anointed to 11:00am when I received my second anointing of tongues (although that has not happened yet – update 1/18/07 still have not found myself speaking or praying in tongues – doesn’t mean I doubt – just that this may not be a gift for me)

Throughout this time Mike is working with two guys clearing our land for our new spec home. He bends over to pick up a piece of wood for the burn pile and out of the sky comes hurtling down this bird that crash lands right in front of my husbands outreached hand.
:shock:
Now birds are a significant sign for me these last four years, my mom and her dad who was a preacher as well. Also for Mike, although he was not attributing these from the Lord. For instance just one of perhaps a dozen or so significant signs. Two years ago during a huge battle – my husband threatening to leave the Lord tells me to stay with him and says that Mike will be what I need him to be in the last days and then in walks me husband and is holding a live sparrow or robin – not sure which in his hand and says he just reached up to grab a branch and he caught the bird in his bare hand. Mr. Miyagi style. He was floored that day.

This was the same type of experience for him and he picked the bird up and say that it was dead and mangled and mutilated on the back of it’s head and it had been a dead a while. He calls the guys over and they search the sky for an eagle or something. Nothing to be seen. Mike sets the bird aside in a ravine ditch type place and then goes on about his day. I come home from the theatre two hours late and can’t tell Mike cause the boys are there. For the rest of the afternoon I am filled with an energy I can’t attribute to anything other than the Holy Spirit – I was talking a mile a minute and praising the Lord, and everywhere just spouting off about how Good God was. I freaked my kids out a bit I think – and Kierra my oldest thought I had been drinking the holiday wine. LOL!

So it is dinner time and the whole family is sitting down to a dinner – surreal for us during this phase of construction and I can’t contain and spew my story out.

Then, very timidly, Mike tells me his story. And then asks me what it meant. The dead bird and all – and he was totally concerned people. Inside I’m thinking – it’s means you gonna die - cause I got anointed today – and a dead bird can’t be a good thing. But I say out loud. Oh I don’t know I’m gonna have to pray on that one. LOL! He laughs and then gets TOTALLY BEHIND the benefit concert.

That evening was so amazingly peaceful in our home - so much so that the Girls asked me if everything was okay. I can’t describe it – but it was not how our home usually felt.

Midnight – been in bed a couple of hours dead asleep and God says wake up go to the couch – there’s a window there I can look out and see all the stars – anyway I out to the couch and I’m laying there and the dead bird comes to mind and I start praying and I’m looking out the window and it had been very overcast and cloudy and then I see the clouds part to this neat little circle where I can see the stars and I’m in awe of how bright they are and I see this formation of what to looks like an wheel with octopus legs and then I see a K and I’m thinking ah that’s cool and then I realize that God’s trying to show me something so I try to quiet my thoughts but can’t and then I know that the Lord is going to give me my answer when I wake up cause I’m way too in my own flesh type of feeling – still feeling very special over the anointing and knowing that something big was going to happen.

Wake up on couch next morning and I just know that the bird was my sin and the occult and Mike’s barriers to a relationship with Jesus and accepting him solely as his savior – and all those evil things – and that the dead bird was the only sign that would get Mike to accept everything I had to tell him about my anointing – things that I can’t even reveal here. But even then I decided that’s too much for Mike to take and thought I could never tell him all that and he would believe me - and then we are sitting down to breakfast and Mike brings it up again and says in front of the kids. So, did God tell you what the dead bird meant? He was very very concerned. So I told him. So we decide to go find the bird. Throw on our boots and robes and start the walk to the adjacent property.

We find the bird and sure enough it is exactly as horrible as he described and the Lord says, put it on the alter for me. And so I tell Mike and he says he agrees and so Mike builds back up one of our burn piles and we get a stump and we place the bird on there and then we watch it for an hour as it goes up.

I can’t explain it guys, it was then that I just knew Mike had made his peace with God and that he had finally accepted Jesus and just turned his life over. I start crying and he puts his arm around me and we start walking home up the path. Halfway up Mike begins praising God and saying that the property and the home we were building he was turning over to Jesus and that he was going to do whatever God wants us to do with the property and that only Christians would be building on it.
That night we played Monopoly as a family for the first time for four hours.
Mike’s anger is COMPLETELY GONE.
There is a peace in our home that cannot be explained away!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

The last nine days have been surreal. We are being attacked in every way possible, and yet it is all okay. The mountaintop experience was truly a revival, and I am here to tell you that your spouses too will be saved. That you will be attacked through it – but that you have already won the battle – your fervent prayers your will to have your spouses saved. That’s God’s will too! It is His will that all come to him, and your prayers will make that a reality in the lives of your spouses.

I am here to proclaim to you that we are unequally yoked only for a season of refining – only for a season people!! Have faith that this period is only a season. They will be saved, they will come to Jesus. It will happen for you too!

I’m not leaving this club!

It was your prayers that opened a floodgate of blessing upon our lives. It was a catalyst for the epic battle that we just endured as a family. But, the kicker is God is on our side – there is nothing that is impossible for him! NOTHING!

Have faith. Use it abundantly and with everything. Fight the enemy with the Word of God and know that you will not leave this world unequally yoked. Know and have faith that your prayers are already answered. That it will be God’s appointed time, but it is a time He has already appointed for your spouses. The victory is already won.

****This was my testimony I posted on an internet forum I started for unequally yoked spouses**** Updated 1/18/07

Mike's walk with the Lord has been tumultuous in that the enemy has been attacking intensely. However, I am holding onto the promises of my Almighty God!
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby nickylouse on Thu May 03, 2007 7:34 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:Please forgive us the tendency to take our spouse's salvation onto our own shoulders.
Thank you for bringing this up, Kina. I confess that I am guilty of not placing my trust in God and His Holy Spirit. Perhaps it is because I secretly want some of that glory that belongs to Him alone.

wvdeerhunter, find your solace here from those who have been comforted in the same way by the God of all comfort.
nickylouse

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon May 07, 2007 3:28 pm

Welcome aboard wvdeerhunter! Sorry you are in the same boat but God has us here for a reason. I will be praying for your entire family!

:wavewelcome:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed May 16, 2007 2:02 pm

:praying: over you guys today. How is everyone doing? Any praise reports? Any prayer requests?
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 pm

I told my hubby that I would really like for him to come to church with us....AND he said he would starting this June....June because either he or I will be gone every weekend until then. I am SO excited!!! I truly hope he will come...and eventually convert to my side....he's catholic...I am Lutheran...not a Giant Leap...but it is a Leap just the same. Keep praying.

My ex-husband isn't being kind....to put it nicely....so hopefully his junk won't affect me and my hubby. Ugh.
kat

Postby Operator on Wed May 16, 2007 8:08 pm

That's awesome Kat! I'm happy for you! I will keep you both in my prayers...

I would appreciate prayers as well. Something was revealed to me today and I don't know exactly how to take it. Long story short, Rich (hubby) can be totally sweet one day and for example - I could ask him what he wants on his sandwich and BAM!!! Names are thrown out - he actually looks like he is a totally different person - and I am truly baffled as to what set him off. I know it's Satan - because I am trying so hard to live my life for the Lord. Please join me in prayer for Rich and whatever evil spirit is with/in him - to leave and for him to find peace and love from our Lord and Savior.

I love you all! Thanks for the support!
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu May 17, 2007 9:32 am

kat wrote:I told my hubby that I would really like for him to come to church with us....AND he said he would starting this June....June because either he or I will be gone every weekend until then. I am SO excited!!! I truly hope he will come...and eventually convert to my side....he's catholic...I am Lutheran...not a Giant Leap...but it is a Leap just the same. Keep praying.

My ex-husband isn't being kind....to put it nicely....so hopefully his junk won't affect me and my hubby. Ugh.

:a3: :a3: :a3: Praying over you guys!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu May 17, 2007 9:36 am

Operator wrote:That's awesome Kat! I'm happy for you! I will keep you both in my prayers...

I would appreciate prayers as well. Something was revealed to me today and I don't know exactly how to take it. Long story short, Rich (hubby) can be totally sweet one day and for example - I could ask him what he wants on his sandwich and BAM!!! Names are thrown out - he actually looks like he is a totally different person - and I am truly baffled as to what set him off. I know it's Satan - because I am trying so hard to live my life for the Lord. Please join me in prayer for Rich and whatever evil spirit is with/in him - to leave and for him to find peace and love from our Lord and Savior.

When I read this last night instantly...annointing your home....came into my mind. Because your experiences are SOOOOOOOOOO similar to mine with Mike just a year ago I wanted to pray over it and see if this morning I felt the same....and I do...

When their response is so truly baffling, and you can't even attribute the blow-up to stress or having a bad day....more than likely it is a spiritual attack and must be dealt with accordingly. I know in my heart that another spouse from this board is soon to be saved! The enemy can't stand that you all are girding yourselves up in His Mighty armor....the enemy cannot stand to see your faith shine so brightly!

Praying specifically over your spiritual battles in this. :armor: :armor: Armoring you up girlfriend!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu May 17, 2007 11:12 am

Praying for peace and the Lord's guidance for each of you. Sometimes when it rains, it pours, but the Lord is always in control...always.

Praying for salvation for your spouses.
Salty Skipper

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu May 24, 2007 3:25 pm

Dear Abba,

Please be with all the unequally yolked believer's. There is so much going on in the world today and we are concerned for our loved one's and their salvation. I pray that we will have the ability to listen to You when You direct our paths. Guide us through our days and may we reflect You to every person we meet! Especially to our spouses. Work in our own hearts and help us to continue to change, to be like You and act like You. Keep the flesh at bay! Fill us Holy Spirit and keep us from stumbling in our anger, bitterness, frustration, and fatique. Help us to focus on You so that we can be strengthened and refreshed. May our joy overflow spontaneously to our families. Please bring our entire family to a saving knowledge of You, Yeshua! In Your precious and most holy name, Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu May 24, 2007 3:46 pm

:a3: :a3: :a3:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Thu May 24, 2007 4:34 pm

:a3:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby Passion on Thu May 24, 2007 4:35 pm

"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue May 29, 2007 7:19 pm

Mat 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

We are all asking that our spouses come to Jesus, right? And there are many of us here in agreement....
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 pm

kat

Postby Tipper on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:27 am

Folks I don’t normally ask for much except to pray for my wife and unfortunately I have to ask again last night we had another round of fighting and without going into all the details, it is safe to say she needs mine and your prayers more then ever. She has so much hate in her heart and she is so verbally and physical abusive, it is hurting the rest of the family the worst highlight was when my two oldest sons had to hold her back from beating and hitting me, ( I will NOT hit her back) and when I tried to reason with her and to share the love of our LORD she took my bible and tore the pages out. I sit here saddened, taping my book together knowing she my need it someday. I am fine and I know this is the lord refining me by intense fire. I will relay in the lord and along with my children I will have comfort, but she needs peace. Lord please, give Lynn peace and watch over her as only you can.

Thank you

tip
“For those who don’t have faith, no explanation will ever be enough. For those who do believe, no explanation is necessary.”
Tipper

Postby Salty Skipper on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:32 am

:praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby Lookfortruth on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:33 am

:praying: :praying:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Wow Tipper! Hang in there brother! God is moving in a mighty way and the devil is cornered and feeling the pressure. Continue to look to our loving Savior this and every day.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Tipper and his dedication to You. I pray You will stengthen him and encourage him to remain faithful to You in all things. Help him to be an upstanding witness to his family. Soften Lynn's heart Lord. Come alongside her and help her realize that she needs You. Break down the walls of stubborn pride that are keeping her from running to You. I pray that she will have control over her emotions. Prevent her from causing emotional scars to her children and Tipper. Lord, bind the enemy and hold him back while this family recovers from the chaos in their midst. Shelter them with Your perfect love and heal this marriage and family. We can do all things through Your strength. Please open up the floodgates of peace and grace upon this household Abba. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby nickylouse on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:21 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:Wow Tipper! Hang in there brother! God is moving in a mighty way and the devil is cornered and feeling the pressure. Continue to look to our loving Savior this and every day.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Tipper and his dedication to You. I pray You will stengthen him and encourage him to remain faithful to You in all things. Help him to be an upstanding witness to his family. Soften Lynn's heart Lord. Come alongside her and help her realize that she needs You. Break down the walls of stubborn pride that are keeping her from running to You. I pray that she will have control over her emotions. Prevent her from causing emotional scars to her children and Tipper. Lord, bind the enemy and hold him back while this family recovers from the chaos in their midst. Shelter them with Your perfect love and heal this marriage and family. We can do all things through Your strength. Please open up the floodgates of peace and grace upon this household Abba. Amen.

I agree with everything Spreading Salt wrote here. I heard this saying that goes, "The dog in the pack that yelps is the one the stone that was thrown hit." An angry heart is not an unresponsive heart. It may just be one that is on the verge of breaking in submission to its Authority.

Father God, I pray for Lynn to hear and understand Your Voice, oh God, that angers her... that is calling her to be found by You. Your touch, oh God, is loving and gentle. Please ease her fears of You. Grant Your servant, tip, the patience and self-control that comes only from You.
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:33 am

Father God, I ask for You to bring healing and peace to Tipper and Lynn's marriage, and to the whole family. I come to You through Your awesome Son Jesus, asking in His Name that You would shine in Lynn's heart the "Light of the knowledge of the glory of You, God, in the face of Christ" (2 Cor. 4:6). Amen.

Passion

Postby Operator on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:43 pm

:praying: and in agreement with the others.

Not to sound mean or anything, but I'm kind of at ease a little bit hearing other stories here. It helps me realize that these kinds of things happen to others and I'm not alone.

Never-the-less - I am praying for all of you here - that your spouses (and mine) come to know our Lord!

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:40 pm

Hi family. I just was sitting here and was overcome with love for you and your families...God has you in His heart.

Remember, God is faithful. He does listen, He answers prayers and He is already bringing you closer to Him.

Love you guys, and :praying:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Watching & waiting on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:27 am

Woah! I just decided to read this thread & saw that you guys have been praying for me & my estranged husband. I am so amazed. Thank you. It is funny that I happened to read it today after all these months. I am on here everyday reading all the threads, giving input once in a while. Weird that today I read this since Wednesday 6/20 I go to court to finalize our divorce. I am sad. I really had hoped that God would have touched his heart by now & turned this all around. It is so bad now that he will not even talk to me. He lives with another woman & her two kids. I am afraid for our kids to have to go there because of their sinfulness, lifestyle that is nothing like ours and drug/alcohol involvement. I am not sure if I need to stand up & fight harder against that with less visitation, no overnights etc. I have been asking the Lord to show me so now I am asking you guys to pray for me the next couple of days to know Gods will on this & what I need to do or not do. I have not fought against that because I was trying to be a nice, Godly, christian woman and I didn't want them to be able to say I was being controlling etc. Now it is getting down to the wire and I am literally hours away from calling my attorney & telling him I am not happy with some of the agreed stuff........ I am just not sure if I should do that or just let it go & trust Him. Which I do trust Him, don't get me wrong but I am not sure if I need to fight harder or be still..... thanks again everybody.
Isaiah 40:31 But those that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Watching & waiting

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:58 am

Dear Abba,

Please cover Watchingandwaiting with Your perfect peace. Guide and direct her as she establishes the necessary and critical boundries in this divorce process. I pray Yeshua, that Your hand guides her through the areas that need to be addressed. Encourage her and help her to keep her focus on You, our Redeemer. Grow her relationship with You Abba. You are our Rock and our Shield, and WE LOVE YOU! Protect the children Lord. Hold onto their hearts. Surround this family with Your perfect love and grace. I pray for her estranged husband, that You would continue to be a presence in his life. Open his eyes to Your truth God. May he find You before it's too late. I pray You would soften his heart towards the critical issues and boundries that need to be established. Convict him to provide a healthy environment in his home when his children visit. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:31 am

Watching & waiting wrote:Woah! I just decided to read this thread & saw that you guys have been praying for me & my estranged husband. I am so amazed. Thank you. It is funny that I happened to read it today after all these months. I am on here everyday reading all the threads, giving input once in a while. Weird that today I read this since Wednesday 6/20 I go to court to finalize our divorce. I am sad. I really had hoped that God would have touched his heart by now & turned this all around. It is so bad now that he will not even talk to me. He lives with another woman & her two kids. I am afraid for our kids to have to go there because of their sinfulness, lifestyle that is nothing like ours and drug/alcohol involvement. I am not sure if I need to stand up & fight harder against that with less visitation, no overnights etc. I have been asking the Lord to show me so now I am asking you guys to pray for me the next couple of days to know Gods will on this & what I need to do or not do. I have not fought against that because I was trying to be a nice, Godly, christian woman and I didn't want them to be able to say I was being controlling etc. Now it is getting down to the wire and I am literally hours away from calling my attorney & telling him I am not happy with some of the agreed stuff........ I am just not sure if I should do that or just let it go & trust Him. Which I do trust Him, don't get me wrong but I am not sure if I need to fight harder or be still..... thanks again everybody.

Wow. The Lord told me that someone needed to see His love. Praying for you sister. Go to the Word is all I can say. When things look the darkest and most grim that is when you let the Lord step in.

Hey! that rhymed! :alrighty:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:19 pm

:praying: For you, WatchingandWating!

Passion

Postby Watching & waiting on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Hehe, yes that did rhyme. Thanks for your responses.
Isaiah 40:31 But those that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Watching & waiting

Postby nickylouse on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:45 pm

My dear unequally-yoked (and formerly so) brothers and sisters,

May the God of all comfort give you peace in the midst of your storms. May He carry you when you have no strength or will of your own to get you through the day. I am filled with compassion over each of your stories. I grieve with you in your frustrations. So let me encourage you to persist in seeking the Lord with all your hearts and your minds and your strength and your souls.

It has been awhile since I posted anything of my own circumstances that the Lord is graciously seeing me through. My Jackie followed through on her plans to divorce. I begged her not to and tried to delay it until we could get counseling, but she was already decided. My heart shattered at the thought of the best thing that I could do to love her was to set her free. I have continued praying for reconciliation and I intend to keep myself sexually pure in the event that we are reconciled.

One good note is that she seems to be more cordial and more interested in me now than before. I receive at least 2 or 3 emails from her each day. She is going to meet me and my sister's husband in a couple of weeks to see us off on a balloon ride. She has convinced her daughter to resume communications with me.

Lord, give me wisdom to know when and how best to show my love for her. And Lord, please prick her heart with the truth of the Gospel and draw her to Yourself as I ask this also for all of your unequally-yoked children's spouses.

Yours,
Keith
nickylouse

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:42 pm

It's good to hear from you Keith and to hear your faith ever so strong. God's already opening some major doors for you. :praying: for you still.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:09 pm

:wow: That's great that she's being so much nicer, and contacting you so much! That is so encouraging to hear!

About a week ago while suffering another one of my sleepless nights, I woke up after only been lightly asleep for about a half hour, and thought of the "Spouses Club", and was wondering how everyone's doing. I started praying for those who are unequally yoked, as well as Kina and Mike and their awful fiasco, and you Keith--praying that Jackie would eventually reconsider and your marriage be put back together. I'd been meaning to pop in here and let you all know I'd been praying for you, but just kept forgetting (my bad).....so it's great to hear of some progress!

Still :praying:

Passion

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:56 am

Keith, I will continue to pray for you and Jackie. God is with you both and He is working on your hearts.

I am continuing to have the dross skimmed from my own heart these days. Yeshua has really been working on me of late. It has come to my attention that I am completely selfish. I have been praying for Jon's salvation in order that my own life would get easier! I have been getting involved in ministries and looking to the rewards I'm hoping to see in heaven some day. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

My husband and I had quite the discussion this past weekend. I told him that I wanted a divorce because I was tired. Tired of fighting and tired of the mental rollercoaster that continues to haunt our relationship. I know that God has HUGE plans for us because my husband flat out refuses to leave me. I walked him through The Way of The Master and he insists that even though he is guilty, he knows that God will still let him into heaven. I cried and pleaded with him to understand that no one is good enough and God is a righteous judge who will send him to hell. He told me that I shouldn't worry about him because God will take care of him. He'll take care of him alright. :cry: :cry: :cry: I let him know that some days, I didn't want him in heaven! Oh! The shame of that very statement! I'm so sorry Lord! I realize You love each and every one of us equally, regardless of where we are in our walk with You. I acknowledged to Jon that it is not my selfish choice who will be allowed in and that I truly do want to be with him in eternity, worshipping OUR Beloved Yeshua together.

I also told him that I completely believe that we are in the "end times" and that Jesus Christ is coming again, probably in less than 15 year's times. I'm sure it will be sooner but regardless, I stand firm on the facts that prophecy is unfolding before our very eyes. I told him that he can call me looney or whatever, but as these events happen, I sincerely pray that he survives long enough to realize the bible is the Word of God and that he has some repenting to do.

Through it all, he is willing to stand with me and continue to work on accepting my need to be able to worship, preach, teach, and function in the church, at work, and wherever else the Spirit is leading me to witness. We are taking it a day at a time because frankly, I don't trust that he will be tolerant.

Please pray that I remain firm and stand for Yeshua in every area of my life.

Dear Abba,

I am so sorry for my selfish desires. Forgive me for longing for Jon to receive salvation, just so my trials would become less. I love him and long for him to receive You as his personal Savior, but it needs to be on Your terms and in Your perfect timing. Thank You for opening my eyes and continuing to refine me. I pray for a willing spirit that is pliable to Your moulding. Please make me into the spouse that You need me to be for Jon. Keep me humble. I pray for my children, that they will see a role model in me. Help me to teach them by more than my words. I pray that the fruit I produce brings them strength and encouragement. May our very souls crave Your truths, each and every day. It is all about You Lord and I love You so much. Thank You for reminding me. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:42 am

Sister! Things are about to get amazingly better for you. Can you believe that? You and Jon are exactly where Mike and I were right before he got saved. You've poured your heart out to him, cried him the way to salvation. Now you have to let God work. You've got to just rest in Him and it's time to be a servant to your husband....that can mean so many things, I know...but God has control over your husband's heart and He is faithful.

HE IS FAITHFUL. He answers prayers for those who call on Him. It is His pleasure to give you your hearts desire. And it is His wish that all come to Him. It's God's timing now, but your husband will be saved. I have prayed for the faith to believe in Salvation miracles and God granted me my hearts desire. I am so filled with faith that our spouses will come to know Christ before it's too late, that I'll keep on believing even when it gets hard to see what's in store.

It WILL happen. Believe in it. Jesus is faithful. And you've got so many supporters. It WILL happen.

AND......

:praying:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Praise God that Jon sat down and listened as you went through the WoM with him! That just seems like such a great step, even if he did try to convince you that God will let him slide, so to speak. He's really trying to convince himself (they used to cal this "Whistling past the graveyard"!). Which is good, because now along with those holy seeds you've sown, he'll have a little seed of doubt (that God will really "let him slide")---and God can use this big-time! He will! He doesn't want to see you divorced, He wants to see you living in true "Holy Matrimony!"

If He can get through to my husband (not to mention me), He can get through to yours; if He can repair our broken marriage (well, nearly broken), He can repair yours! Amazing--just now my husband got on the phone with his unsaved brother and even as I type, is witnessing to him like you wouldn't believe--a few years ago dear, I wouldn't have believe it, no way.

I'm praying for you both--for your whole family! :praying:

Passion

Postby nickylouse on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Passion wrote:He's really trying to convince himself (they used to cal this "Whistling past the graveyard"!).
Passion wrote:He doesn't want to see you divorced, He wants to see you living in true "Holy Matrimony!"
:a3: :a3:
Passion wrote:Amazing--just now my husband got on the phone with his unsaved brother and even as I type, is witnessing to him like you wouldn't believe--a few years ago dear, I wouldn't have believe it, no way.
:praise:
Spreading Salt,
Pick yourself up because God has heard your confession and replies, "What sin?" I have read so many thoughtful, considerate, and encouraging messages that you write that it is no wonder you are engaging in such a fearsome spiritual battle. Stand up to any evil forces you recognize. "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."
Passion wrote:I'm praying for you both--for your whole family! :praying:

I am going to my closet and shutting the door. I hope and pray that as I allow my mind to drift into meditation on His Holy Word during prayer, God will bring your situation to my heart for Jon AND for you, dear sister.
nickylouse

Postby ruotsher on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:25 am

Operator wrote:That's awesome Kat! I'm happy for you! I will keep you both in my prayers...

Rebuke the evil spirit yourself!! This is something I just recently learned. Evil spirits cannot hear our thoughts nor read our minds, but they can hear from a long ways away! Rebuke the evil spirit from your husband in the name of Jesus and command it to leave. You may need to do some house cleaning and stay on top of it. Pray to stand in the gap to take spiritual assaults in his place so that he may be free to hear the Spirit talking to him. You can go to another room where your husband can't hear you but the spirits can, and they must obey.
ruotsher

Postby ruotsher on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:27 am

I have a praise everybody!!! My husband gave his life to the Lord this past week........he had an alchol affliction and prayed with me for the Lord to remove it.........He asked the Lord to be master of his life....He is saved!! Praise the Lord God Almighty, he does answer prayer!! It took about 23 years for this one!!
ruotsher

Postby ruotsher on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 am

Spreading Salt wrote:Keith, I will continue to pray for you and Jackie. God is with you both and He is working on your hearts.

I am continuing to have the dross skimmed from my own heart these days. Yeshua has really been working on me of late. It has come to my attention that I am completely selfish. I have been praying for Jon's salvation in order that my own life would get easier! I have been getting involved in ministries and looking to the rewards I'm hoping to see in heaven some day. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

My husband and I had quite the discussion this past weekend. I told him that I wanted a divorce because I was tired. Tired of fighting and tired of the mental rollercoaster that continues to haunt our relationship. I know that God has HUGE plans for us because my husband flat out refuses to leave me. I walked him through The Way of The Master and he insists that even though he is guilty, he knows that God will still let him into heaven. I cried and pleaded with him to understand that no one is good enough and God is a righteous judge who will send him to hell. He told me that I shouldn't worry about him because God will take care of him. He'll take care of him alright. :cry: :cry: :cry: I let him know that some days, I didn't want him in heaven! Oh! The shame of that very statement! I'm so sorry Lord! I realize You love each and every one of us equally, regardless of where we are in our walk with You. I acknowledged to Jon that it is not my selfish choice who will be allowed in and that I truly do want to be with him in eternity, worshipping OUR Beloved Yeshua together.

I also told him that I completely believe that we are in the "end times" and that Jesus Christ is coming again, probably in less than 15 year's times. I'm sure it will be sooner but regardless, I stand firm on the facts that prophecy is unfolding before our very eyes. I told him that he can call me looney or whatever, but as these events happen, I sincerely pray that he survives long enough to realize the bible is the Word of God and that he has some repenting to do.

Through it all, he is willing to stand with me and continue to work on accepting my need to be able to worship, preach, teach, and function in the church, at work, and wherever else the Spirit is leading me to witness. We are taking it a day at a time because frankly, I don't trust that he will be tolerant.

Please pray that I remain firm and stand for Yeshua in every area of my life.

Dear Abba,

I am so sorry for my selfish desires. Forgive me for longing for Jon to receive salvation, just so my trials would become less. I love him and long for him to receive You as his personal Savior, but it needs to be on Your terms and in Your perfect timing. Thank You for opening my eyes and continuing to refine me. I pray for a willing spirit that is pliable to Your moulding. Please make me into the spouse that You need me to be for Jon. Keep me humble. I pray for my children, that they will see a role model in me. Help me to teach them by more than my words. I pray that the fruit I produce brings them strength and encouragement. May our very souls crave Your truths, each and every day. It is all about You Lord and I love You so much. Thank You for reminding me. Amen.

I have to agree.......stay strong sister and let the Lord work from here. It sounds very good to me, the path you're on.
ruotsher

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:35 am

I have a praise everybody!!! My husband gave his life to the Lord this past week........he had an alchol affliction and prayed with me for the Lord to remove it.........He asked the Lord to be master of his life....He is saved!! Praise the Lord God Almighty, he does answer prayer!! It took about 23 years for this one!!

:banana: :banana: :praise: :praise:
AndCanItBe

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:02 pm

GOD IS FAITHFUL! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We now have 4 success stories! You guys!!!

ANOTHER ONE IS AROUND THE CORNER!

Keep praying, keep praising, but most of all believe that Jesus has already answered your prayers. Your spouse will be saved.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Salty Skipper on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:15 pm

And another one added into the fold, to the glory of God!!! Praise the Lord, praise the Lord praise the Lord!!!!!!!!
Salty Skipper

Postby Passion on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 pm

Thank You, awesome Father!!!! Thank You for using your daughter to help lead her husband in Your direction; for helping her to be the wife You called her to be; for giving her the strength to hang in there! Thank You that the population in Your awesome Kingdom has increased by yet another precious soul--and with many more to come.

"The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lam. 3:22-23

Woohoo! :onlyjesus: :bowing: :spin:

Passion

Postby nickylouse on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:27 am

ruotsher wrote:I have a praise everybody!!! My husband gave his life to the Lord this past week........he had an alchol affliction and prayed with me for the Lord to remove it.........He asked the Lord to be master of his life....He is saved!! Praise the Lord God Almighty, he does answer prayer!! It took about 23 years for this one!!

Can you picture the angels rejoicing in Heaven?
:a2: :spin:
nickylouse

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:33 am

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Thank You Yeshua for saving Ken!!!!! You bet the angels and others are rejoicing in heaven! Way to hang in there ruotsher!!!!!! :bounce: :hugs:

Thanks also to all of you for your encouraging words regarding Jon.
I can see the Lord working in our lives. It's just a matter of time before this boy finds his way into the kingdom as well. We have victory in Yeshua!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:01 am

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:02 am

Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:51 pm

:a3: Salt! Here's us in Heaven: :spin: :a2:

Passion

Postby Watching & waiting on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:45 pm

:a3: :3jump:
Watching & waiting

PreviousNext

Return to Family Room