Unequally Yoked Spouses Club

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby Sozoed on Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:03 pm

KIna, Praying dear Sis! Hold on tight to the Lord! He IS there for you!
Sozoed

Postby Sozoed on Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:04 pm

ps. going to a prayer meeting tonight...will lift your family up in corporate prayer with the agreement of many strong prayer warriors.
Sozoed

Postby kat on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:52 pm

UGHHHH!!! I admit it.....my husband thinks I am Crazy!!! y'know...the problem is that in our marriage...He used to be the church goer..supposedly religious one...catholic...uh...clueless...Well...to make a LONG story short...I became born again about a year ago...and am going to church..reading my bible..although not like I should...and have joined this MB because I am pretty dern certain we are in for a time of our lives...to put it mildly....I am sooo frustrated!!!!! Why is it that Catholics don't learn to read their bibles???? I haven't read the whole thing...but I know the stories...and the prophesy(somewhat)....I am trying to talk to him...but I have NO idea where to begin...so I start in small snippets only to have him turn the tv UP!!! or to see him roll his eyes at me!!!! So...like the little snot that I can be...I started saying things like...well if I happen to just be gone one day...and you find yourself here and this and this and this is happening....Start paying attention!!!! And start praying!!!!

PHEW...ok...I think I feel better now...venting...I just want to share with him my excitment...and the only person in my family that is with me on this is my brother...EVERYONE else thinks I am off my rocker...my husband even joked the one day about having me committed....OH I Don't EVEN think soo.... :armor:
kat

Postby CarolinaCJ on Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:08 pm

Church Girl....I will be praying. :praying:
cj

----------------------------------
CarolinaCJ

Postby kat on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 am

Kina- I will pray for you and your family!!! Maybe it is God's will for you to get out in the public more to witness the word...although this is sometimes hard to do at work...
As a working mom...I know how hard it is to miss out on milestones with the kids...you'll have to start setting aside mommy and girls time...I used to do that more when my daughter was small...every Saturday afternoon we'd watch her choice of movie...eat popcorn...and have a girls day...do our nails...hair..makeup...and just hang out...She is getting older (9) and I am becoming less cool as the years go...but she still likes to have the girl time...Just a thought...We also do crafts and stuff...just little memory moments that can be special....
I hope you don't lose your house...that is hard....God has a reason for everything...we may not understand now...Keep the faith...And keep us posted!!! Your sister in Christ, Kate
kat

Postby Sozoed on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:18 pm

Still praying, Kina. Will PM you. (((Hug)))
Sozoed

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:59 pm

Churchgirl,
I'm praying for you and your husband and family. I hope you don't lose your house.

I am sad to say that I am qualified to be a member here. Although after many years the fights have subsided and my wife has expressed interest in attending church and wants to learn more about creationism and biblical geology. I have been talking to her for years about these subjects and she has finally admitted that there is a personal God who is responsible for all creation. The rest, I hope, will come in time (i.e believeing in Jesus, etc...)

please see these websites

www.answersingenesis.com
and
www.icr.org
(Institute for Creation Research)

These 2 sites refute evolution well, from a biblical prospective. Evolution was a major stumbling block in both our lives.
Patrick
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Sozoed on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:11 pm

Good to have a man aboard, Longing! It helps when we hears a 'guy's' perspective on things as well.
May our Lord soften our husbands and wives hearts to be touched by the truth, and transformed by His love! In Jesus' Name~Amen
Sozoed

Postby sparkly on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:11 pm

Praying for you, Kina.

Welcome, Longing. :grin:
sparkly

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:25 am

Hi ChurchGirl and others in my same boat!

I just forfeited 10 acres from my folks. I will be praying that God provides a solution to your finances and you KNOW He will provide. His plans are not to harm you but to do you good all the days of your life(I know that's a verse but forget the reference)! Keep looking up kiddo!

If I may explain: My husband is so focused on getting to the property that he's become obsessed with it! I don't want to get there in the relationship mess we are in, only to lose my family's land in a possible split. He and my father believe that mom and I have been brainwashed by our faith and continue to be indoctrinated by jibberish from our fellowship with ANY believers. They both insist that we just need to "do Sunday"( and that for only 1.5 hours - which is impossible as I teach Sunday School and then stay for 2nd sermon to get my own daily bread) and then stay away from it the rest of the time. It's really gotten ugly with Mom and daughter against Dad and son in law.

I can relate and sware I've lived the same thing in every single post on this thread. I've read every book, done all the wrong things, and still continue to pray. However, my perseverance in this particular race is waning. I'm definately tired and slipping towards "the bench".

Personally, I don't think there is much time left. The property is a material thing. Now I am torn because if we are to be here for the Great Trib, I think I will need it because it has a well and it is out of the way and blah blah blah.

I am also torn between giving my husband freedom to go and live whatever life he can because he insists I'm keeping him from having his fun. This might be the closest he ever gets to heaven!

Kids totally complicate the situation as well. Again, how much time do we really have? Is it worth sticking with him and keeping the kids with a sense of "security" with their parents under the same roof? I'm so close to the situation that I can't really tell if they are experiencing emotional trauma with our continuing battle.

Yeah, I made my own bed and unequal yolks completely are for the birds! Shoulda, coulda, woulda just depresses me! I know that God is refining me and stretching me and expanding my character to be more like Christ. Doesn't make it easier!! Please pray for guidance. I am seeking His will and really wish he'd just call me on the phone!!! :alrighty:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:19 am

Wow. Spreading Salt...do we have similar lives or what? In fact, we've all seen on this board just how NOT ALONE we are in fellowship for this area of our lives.

I know each walk is a personal one as we take on the trials associated with being in a half/half marriage. For me specifically, the Lord led me to many scriptures impressing His desire for me to stay in my marriage. I KNOW it affects my daughters significantly seeing us unequally yoked in so many areas of our lives, but I still do not feel released from God.

BUT I DIGRESS! I have a HUGE testimony!

Nothing about our circumstances has changed on the outward appearance, but the last two times I have come to this board specifically for prayer in my marriage - I HAVE SEEN INSTANT RESULTS. Like you Spreading Salt, I've done it all...the books, the prayer partners, there seemed to be no change.

I'm not saying that the people currently in my life aren't praying for me, but there is something about this fellowship...something that the Lord has deemed worthy to bless.

How else can I explain the mellow mood of my husband...during one of our darkest times financially when Mike should be the MOST affected...how else do you explain that time stamps of your prayers meet up with significant turns for the better in specific arguments or fights?

Random apologies are not in my husband's nature. And yet, I have received two. I cannot overstate that this is a HUGE event.

For the first time I can almost physically feel the immense Love of God like a blanket almost...it's hard to explain.... like I'm truly surrounded by angels.

I always KNOW God loves me, I feel His love all around me, but this seems so DIRECT and specific, I can only attribute it to His promise...that when two or more are gathered He will be in the midst...

We truly have some amazing prayer warriors here, and I can personally attest to that. I write this here to build you up and provide you hope, that you may feel like you've given it your all, you may feel like there is nothing left...but before you throw in the towel. Petition the Lord again, ask for prayer...from everyone! He tells us to never cease praying...

The great thing about this board is you can ask for specific prayer without feeling like you've let some dirty little secret out of the bag. In my small town, I really cannot confide in anyone my hubbies "other side" or ask for prayer en mass, it could affect our business...and rumors FLY through a town of 2200....

I guess what I am trying to impress upon you here...don't just stand on the sidelines, if you need prayer...please ask for it...Petition these wonderful servants of Christ to stand in the gap for you and your spouse.

When Paul would write to the various churches I can now understand the love he would express for people who didn't spend their days together or work or play together. The only reason he loved them and it was an Agape love, was because of Jesus. Jesus creates a bond that cannot be explained away by the world.

Jesus is the only way I can honestly tell you ALL here - people I have never met and will probably only ever see in Heaven....

I love you. Truly truly, love you all.
I know what I am feeling is of the Holy Spirit, and God's love for you...I can feel it coursing through me...I know it can't be of me, because I'm just not that capable of this kind of love.
Come Pray with Us @
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:26 am

LONGINGFORHOME wrote:Although after many years the fights have subsided and my wife has expressed interest in attending church and wants to learn more about creationism and biblical geology. I have been talking to her for years about these subjects and she has finally admitted that there is a personal God who is responsible for all creation. The rest, I hope, will come in time (i.e believeing in Jesus, etc...)Patrick

Thank you for posting Patrick, you and your wife will be in my prayers.

Why does it still shock me when I see a man post that his wife is an unbeliever? I remember when I was in denial...

Shoot...I was building a condo in D'Nile. Had a nice dock off the beach...I was settled in...

PRAISE GOD your wife is beginning to open her heart. For me, the amazing characteristics of the Bible and prophecy is what sealed the deal.

My logic went like this...Oh - prophecy in the Bible - WOW that's a lot of coming to fruition....Jesus fulfilled over 300??? Wow - the Bible's history...Israel becoming a NATION IN A DAY???? So.....if the Bible is the Word of God then Jesus is the son of God...then....uh.oh....I better get right with God...

Hi Jesus...My name's Kina...I'm sorry for ignoring you for so long....
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:35 am

kat wrote:UGHHHH!!! I admit it.....my husband thinks I am Crazy!!! y'know...the problem is that in our marriage...He used to be the church goer..supposedly religious one...catholic...uh...clueless...Well...to make a LONG story short...I became born again about a year ago...and am going to church..reading my bible..although not like I should...and have joined this MB because I am pretty dern certain we are in for a time of our lives...to put it mildly....I am sooo frustrated!!!!! Why is it that Catholics don't learn to read their bibles???? I haven't read the whole thing...but I know the stories...and the prophesy(somewhat)....I am trying to talk to him...but I have NO idea where to begin...so I start in small snippets only to have him turn the tv UP!!! or to see him roll his eyes at me!!!! So...like the little snot that I can be...I started saying things like...well if I happen to just be gone one day...and you find yourself here and this and this and this is happening....Start paying attention!!!! And start praying!!!!

PHEW...ok...I think I feel better now...venting...I just want to share with him my excitment...and the only person in my family that is with me on this is my brother...EVERYONE else thinks I am off my rocker...my husband even joked the one day about having me committed....OH I Don't EVEN think soo.... :armor:

Praying for you Kat...I KNOW I am not nuts...and I KNOW you are not nuts...and we both KNOW that we are right in this...so we've already won the battle. And if there are no tears in Heaven, then no matter what, you will be OKAY with whatever the outcome may be....

Sometimes I think Mike may be one of those who will come to know Jesus after the rapture...It is the steadfast unbelivers who become the most on fire for God. If anyone will be able to follow Jesus during the GT it will be my man....

As a writer my imagination soars...I like to imagine that all of us in UY marriages are really preparing our spouses to be great warriors for Christ during the GT! Jesus says some of the first will be the last and vice verse, right? What a hoot if when we are all in Heaven, our spouses are given the crowns of martyrs for Christ? And we get to stand by watching and weeping with joy that they made it Heaven with us after all....

I well up just thinking of the joy we will have.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Sozoed on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:05 am

Kina,
Awesome update on the 'blanket' of peace you feel and Mike's (not Angel..where did I get that name? Well, he is acting more 'angelic' lately! :mrgreen: That' a good thing! :grin: )

I know we are all so blessed by this love of our Savior...and its such a wonder to see this love made manifest in our lives!
(((hugs))))~Lauren
Sozoed

Postby kat on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:24 am

Kina....I think you are the coolest person I have never met!!! HA...Seriously though..for you to take the time to answer directly each of us...unequally yolked believers...Means a lot to me. makes me wanna say I love you man...like the goofy commercial...Hee!!
My husband...is somewhat starting to come around...well...maybe more for my benefit...when I gripe about family members he is with me...YEAH they should get with it...but when we are with "friends" and they are teasing me for my faith...He stands by and does nothing...which infuriates me!!!! If he can't/won't stand up for me with friends...what will he do when it comes to strangers persecuting me???
By the way...WELCOME Patrick and I forgot your name...gotta check...Ah Spreading Salt..welcome...I will be praying for you both as well...Spreading Salt...ask God for guidance in the marriage thing...we are supposed to stay married...but...for me...I am a divorced...remarried woman...Who doesn't qualify to give thoughts on that subject....Evn though I have a MAJOR oppinion. lol God Bless you all!!!
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:37 am

Sozoed wrote:Kina,
Awesome update on the 'blanket' of peace you feel and Mike's (not Angel..where did I get that name? Well, he is acting more 'angelic' lately! :mrgreen: That' a good thing! :grin: )

I know we are all so blessed by this love of our Savior...and its such a wonder to see this love made manifest in our lives!
(((hugs))))~Lauren

Mike's full name is Miguel Angel - but I know you were impressed to send me the PM prayer using Angel as his name...it is a direct confirmation for me the you were being led in the Holy Spirit.
It is something shared just between Jesus and I these last few years regarding both our full names and God's tendency to name His children and directly related to the line of Jesus. No one else knew...so it was so cool to get your prayer!!!

Especially during these last days as we see all this prophecy line up...I think we will all be led by the Spirit more and more.

Listen to Him children! You will be so blessed by jumping in everytime you are called...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:44 am

Kat:

:yourock:

:hugs:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:20 pm

I will continue to pray for guidance. It is not my wish to divorce, and I don't think it is God's. I also feel that our spouses are being groomed for the Great Tribulation. God answers prayers and I believe my father and husband will join us in heaven! It would be nice to experience worship together!!!! Praise God for He is sooooooooooo good!! :lol:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:16 am

Praying for you Salt...you have truly already won the battle. Turn it over to Jesus. You mentioned going to the bench for a while. Instead go to His arms...
In the midst of my sorrow I imagine Jesus wrapping His arms around me...surrounding me with angels...

Lord, I place these sons and daughters of Yours in Your capable hands. I turn over to you our fears our doubts, our worry our anguish...God I ask that you show us the sin in our lives that is withholding any blessings you would like to pour out upon us...I ask that you forgive us of our trespasses, our blemishes Lord...clear up all that is not of You in our lives so that we may dance with joy in celebration over how You have freed us once again. Revived us once again. You are ever faithful Lord, only You.
Lord, please protect us especially during these intense times of spiritual battles. Please send your angels to each corner of these believers lives, protect and annoint their homes with your Holy Spirit. Protect us from the attacks of the enemy Lord. In these last days we ask that you pour out your Holy Spirit into our homes our families and our lives...just surround us with your Glory sweet Jesus!
And even so, come quickly....
In Jesus name I pray...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby klehre2002 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:27 pm

I'm right there with you Churchgirl. Keep hanging onto the Lord and He'll get you through this. I'm in a similar position. I've been unemployed for 3 years so I could stay at home with my two girls and since then we've been barely surviving on a minimal income from my husband's new business. We had to sell our house and move in with my parents because we are at rock bottom financially. I haven't lost my hope that God put us in my parent's house for a reason and that all will work out for the good.

Good news, however, my husband was not a Christian when we got married 7 years ago and I prayed hard and cried a lot. Finally last summer, he accepted the Lord and we've been celebrating since. He's still a baby christian, but is at least willing to learn and listen. In fact we are doing a Bible study at least once a week with my parents. My dad is a church deacon and Bible study leader, so maybe God put us in this house so my husband could get some quality discipleship. He definitely needs it.

So don't lose hope if your spouse is unsaved....I'm a believer in miracles for sure now.
klehre2002

Postby bugtussle on Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:41 am

Hi Kina, praying over your situation. You have been obedient to the Lord and surrendered to his leading. God WILL bless you in ALL these things. It's like this rhyme God spoke to me many years ago:

Sacrifice and offering,
Are not what I require,
Obedience is a blessing,
That is what I desire.

So I change the "I" to "You" and sing it to myself for encouragement from time to time.

For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His mercy will never fail. Amen.
bugtussle

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:16 am

klehre2002 wrote:I'm right there with you Churchgirl. Keep hanging onto the Lord and He'll get you through this. I'm in a similar position. I've been unemployed for 3 years so I could stay at home with my two girls and since then we've been barely surviving on a minimal income from my husband's new business. We had to sell our house and move in with my parents because we are at rock bottom financially. I haven't lost my hope that God put us in my parent's house for a reason and that all will work out for the good.

Good news, however, my husband was not a Christian when we got married 7 years ago and I prayed hard and cried a lot. Finally last summer, he accepted the Lord and we've been celebrating since. He's still a baby christian, but is at least willing to learn and listen. In fact we are doing a Bible study at least once a week with my parents. My dad is a church deacon and Bible study leader, so maybe God put us in this house so my husband could get some quality discipleship. He definitely needs it.

So don't lose hope if your spouse is unsaved....I'm a believer in miracles for sure now.

Praise the Lord "K2", for your husband's salvation first and foremost!, let's get things in perspective right??

I think you are more than right about being placed in your home for a reason. I think what I have a hard time grasping during moments of life's disapointments is that when my eyes are on worldly things, I begin to lose focus of what God finds important. That none would perish...love...those are our number one goals right?

We can't forget the turmoil Paul had to endure. He was shipwrecked, what at least twice, right? Shipwrecked...just sounds like bad news, and yet God had a purpose in mind for all of that.

You may be a bit shipwrecked, and if you feel like me right now, you feel stuck in your situation...I have no words of advice except what I tell myself all the time, turn to the Word, turn it over to Jesus.

You sound like a great prayer warrior K2! thank you for posting and sharing your triumphs and trials.

I too believe in MIRACLES! :a3:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:18 am

bugtussle wrote:Hi Kina, praying over your situation. You have been obedient to the Lord and surrendered to his leading. God WILL bless you in ALL these things. It's like this rhyme God spoke to me many years ago:

Sacrifice and offering,
Are not what I require,
Obedience is a blessing,
That is what I desire.

So I change the "I" to "You" and sing it to myself for encouragement from time to time.

You know I love you bugtussle! Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement.

Obedience IS a blessing! I do have to remind myself that so often being the rebellious person I am.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:11 am

Mrs. B, in another post reminded of the scripture in 1 Corinthians that talks to us about being in unequally yoked marriages...

1 Corinthians 7:10-16
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. F18 16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how F19 knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

I would like to know how you feel about this scripture. Does this mean that as long as we are faithful and our unbelieving spouses stay with us that they will be saved?

hag-ee-ad'-zo Verb Sanctified

Definition
to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
consecrate things to God
dedicate people to God
to purify
to cleanse externally
to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
to purify internally by renewing of the soul

expiation

n 1: compensation for a wrong; "we were unable to get satisfaction from the local store" [syn: atonement, satisfaction] 2: the act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing (especially appeasing a deity) [syn: atonement, propitiation]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

expiation

Guilt is said to be expiated when it is visited with punishment falling on a
substitute. Expiation is made for our sins when they are punished not in
ourselves but in another who consents to stand in our room. It is that by which
reconciliation is effected. Sin is thus said to be "covered" by vicarious
satisfaction. The cover or lid of the ark is termed in the LXX. hilasterion,
that which covered or shut out the claims and demands of the law against the
sins of God's people, whereby he became "propitious" to them. The idea of
vicarious expiation runs through the whole Old Testament system of sacrifices.
(See PROPITIATION.)

Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

King James Word Usage - Total: 29
sanctify 26, hallow 2, be holy 1

KJV Verse Count
Matthew 3
Luke 1
John 3
Acts 2
Romans 1
1 Corinthians 3
Ephesians 1
1 Thessalonians 1
1 Timothy 1
2 Timothy 1
Hebrews 6
1 Peter 1
Jude 1
Revelation 1
Total: 26

I Love you all - and cannot wait to hear what this scripture says to you.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:36 pm

That says to me NEVER stop HOPING for the salvation of your spouse...to keep the faith and continue praying for them.
It says that WE are NOT to leave them...but if they leave us...that it is NOT our fault or by our doing...but theirs...
As long as the nonbelieving partner feels they belong with us in our homes married to us...that that is where they belong...and as long as that is where they are...there is a chance for them. Kat
kat

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:33 am

Well said KAT! :angel:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sparkly on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:47 am

I never looked at that passage in quite that way before...
sparkly

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:08 pm

My friend just had me listen to a song by Out of the Grey called Wishes.

Oh wow!! I just started crying! It's all about how there are so many wishes, but the one that really matters is

"Tell me that when this life is over I will see you there on the other side of heaven's door This means more than anything This is my wish for you"

Doesn't that just :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:armor: I will fight the good fight and keep praying for all our spouses!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:59 pm

Boy...I just got done talking to my brother...whew...that was tough...I prayed the whole time for God to put the words in my mouth..or fingertips as we were online...I pray for all of my family members who are not saved...my brother is soo darn angry!!!! He stated that if he gets left behind so be it...and if he ends up in hell that is fine then because it just prooves that God is not who he says he is anyway....
How can two people from the same family be so different...He said he has come here and doesn't buy into what we all believe...and doesn't like being preached to...that people who always talk about God must feel like they have something to prove...I said...sometimes they do feel that way..but if they are truely saved then they don't...I said...I talk to you about my beliefs not because I want you to think I am better somehow...but because I want to share the peace I have found...not to shove it down your throat...just to share it with you...that peace...
Ugh...he got so mad he wanted to change the subject..so I let him change the subject and he was still not happy and so we ended the conversation...well he asked when I would be home again...and I let him know I love him...but he didn't answer to that...Why Is he so angry!!!! I just don't understand what happened??? PLEASE God!!!! I don't want to go to heaven with out my brothers and family!!!! That is so sucky!!!..I gotta go.
kat

Unequally yoked spouses club....

Postby Phyllis on Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:36 am

I think I belong here....My husband was baptised about a year ago....he teaches an adult S.S. class, reads his Bible, prays in church, prays at our table, seems to understand that we are prophetically in the last days......

At the same time, he still, by all appearances, loves the world. He still listens to much of the (IMO) satan-inspired music that he used to, still drinks, cusses, (although he seldom takes the Lord's name in vain anymore), and loves to spend time with his unsaved freinds, many of whom do things that he knows are very much against the bible. When he is with them, he acts as they do, he is not trying to convert them.

He is very confusing to me....its like there are 2 of him...ones a Christian, one is not. I know this cannot be the truth though. "hypocrite" comes to mind. I really don't understand him.

I have such an aversion to evil...evil deeds, evil people, ect.... If he is truly a Christian, wouldn't he also have this aversion? I should add here that he does avoid in your face evil, like the Da Vinci code, stuff like the movie the Omen, ect.

I had him listen to the sermon, "Examine Yourself" by Paul Washer.... he said it was interesting, and that was all he said. The church we go to.... I love our Pastor as a person, but he is not preaching the hard hitting, geared-for-today sermons that we need to hear, and changing churches is not an option right now.

He could use some prayers.

Thank you, and God BLess you all.
Phyllis

Postby kat on Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:23 am

Phylis...I will be praying for you both...I am curious...has your husband been a born again Christian for long? Or is he even a born again christian...I guess I am curious because for me..all of my life I have considered myself a christian...I believed...tried to stay away from "bad" people...overtly bad/evil things...and yet....I was worldly...Well...lets say honestly...I wasn't as Good as I should have been in any way shape or form...don't need to tell the life story...but I have done some stupid stuff...smoked..drank..drugs...shoplift...Whew...BAD...but even when I "grew up" I'd say in the few years after my daughter was born...I was still pretty worldly...and Now that I consider myself a born again Christian...I still struggle....with peers...with lots of things...like balancing my self out...well figuring out that it just isn't about me....So I am wondering where is your husband with his walk with the Lord...? in some areas I believe that motto "fake it tell you make it...." It takes time to change...but with your love and your patience...eventually HOPEFULLY your husband will start to make it...Like it will someday sink in...and he will have that defining AHA moment....CRY out to Jesus...and TRUELY be saved.... Just remember that once he is saved...he will still struggle like all of us do from time to time....
I really appreciate hearing your post...because that is how my husband is too...He was the "religious church goer" when we met and got married...But I am the one who totally embraces the LIFE....LOVE of Jesus...and now my husband has times where he acts like the way you describe your husband...listens to angry music...rolls his eyes at me...the works....
Keep coming here and joining us in fellowship Phylis...We all can lean on each other...pray for each other...and witness the power of the Holy Spirit as it takes action in our lives!!! God Bless !!!
kat

Postby Sozoed on Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:39 am

Welcome Phyllis! Join us and we'll all pray and support one another as we grow!

Kat, hang in there girl! I believe the Holy Spirit will tenderly reveal to you why your brother is so angry towards Him...He will show you so that you may have compassion, and be able to pray for him in an effective way. I believe there's going to be a healing and deliverance for your brother.

ChurchGirl wrote:I Love you all - and cannot wait to hear what this scripture says to you.

Hey Kina! (((hugs))) I tend to go with the 'set apart' connotation of this particular scripture.
I like to think of it like this: Because I am born-again, the Holy Spirit resides in me. My hubby and I became symbolically 'one flesh' when we married, so because of my covenant with the Lord, my hubby is 'set apart' from the things of the world, in preparation for salvation.

In other words, because of our Godly lifestyle, our husbands/wives are able to distinguish more clearly the ways of God versus the ways of the world. They are being shown this in order to be saved....yet whether or not they choose to be saved is still their choice.

I see this whole process as the Lord's tender mercy over these lost ones...they are able to see by our example the love and grace of our Lord. That is why there is the scripture in 1 Peter 3:1, where our spouses may be "won, without a word, by the conduct of their wives".

Food for thought, huh. :grin:
Sozoed

Postby kat on Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:41 am

ooh Soozed...That makes sense!!! I like how you put that!!!! God Bless you!!!
kat

a testimony of sorts....

Postby Phyllis on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:15 am

Kat, thanks for the prayers. As far as how long he has been born again.... I think he and his family went to church off and on as they were kids, but I think it was mostly a social thing. With his Dad an ardent atheist, and his Mom believing that people who are truly spiritual are "too religious"....well, its hard for him.

I had thought I was saved at about 14, but I wasn't, I know that now. I went on to commit sins that looking back on them, I hang my head in shame. I went so far as to deny the Bible.

Then, several things happened, all in a short space of time, that I believe without a doubt was God calling to me....personal problems I couldn't deal with....several other things, including Mel Gibsons movie, which if nothing else, caused me to dust off my Bible and open it up..... I told my husband we really ought to be going to church, and he agreed.

Before long, I was saved, truly saved, (evidenced by repentance) and baptised. He followed me soon after. How I pray that he is truly saved and just in need of growth. But with his parents and freinds, it will be hard for him I know. He needs lots of prayers.

Sozoed, thank you for the welcome.

I'm very thankful for this forum, and to Churchgirl: Thanks for starting this thread!
Phyllis

Postby ChurchGirl on Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:49 pm

Hello Saints! I am currently taking a hiatus in Sacramento with my mom for a week....maybe longer. :wink: Both Mike and I agreed the stress was just too much for the girls and so with my mom fronting gas (bless her heart) I am receiving some soulful nourishment and my wonderful stepdad is cooking all the meals.

Yesterday was the first time in I don't know how long I actually got to eat with my kids before they had finished eating.

But. this my second day here and I just had to check in with all of you!

Welcome Phyllis! Thank you for your post. And WELCOME to the club. I still find it so amazing that we can all come together here with such different and yet so THE SAME sitches, while being able to support and build one another up.... God is good!

I hear a lot of my friends at church say the same things about their husbands...and all I could say then was...at least your husband comes to church. But then I started really praying over the calling that we have as spouses to unbelievers and started to realize that it is truly the HEART that matters to the Lord. I can see where you are torn.

So, since I have no insta-answer...I will also be praying for your husband and you Phyllis. :a2:

On my original question.....After studying this scripture for a good four years off and on all I can conclude is that God must have REALLY REALLY loved us a whole heck of a lot to give US our own paragraph in the Bible.

Dude! (yes I still say that being 30-something) God KNEW how tough we were going to have it.

It just makes me smile. Probably cause it God's word. And God's word is just beautiful.

Off to spend family time, but I have way more to post here and will be back on tonight. I am sending you a PM later tonight Sozoed once everyone is asleep.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Sozoed on Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:33 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:Hello Saints! I am currently taking a hiatus in Sacramento with my mom for a week....maybe longer. :wink: Both Mike and I agreed the stress was just too much for the girls and so with my mom fronting gas (bless her heart) I am receiving some soulful nourishment and my wonderful stepdad is cooking all the meals.

Yesterday was the first time in I don't know how long I actually got to eat with my kids before they had finished eating.

That is good news, Kina! Good to hear you're receiving some 'soul nourishing'! We all need that from time to time!!!
Catch up with us when you are able, and get that rest and refreshing, girl!
ttyl :mrgreen: ~sozo'ed
Sozoed

Postby Downpour on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:16 am

Welcome to all the new members to our thread. I am praying for all of you.

I know that all of your prayers have been such a blessing to me, as I see my husband mellowing out some. We are not fighting anymore, he seems to be less angry, when I mention God. I thank you all so much for praying for him.

Kat!! I will keep your brother in my prayers, I know how it feels to have someone lash out at you, because they don't want to hear about God. Keep praying for him. I think when people do this, it's because they feel convicted in some way, and they don't want to face it. My husband is the same way, but he's getting better, less angry!! Keep praying, and I will also keep him in my prayers.

Downpour

Postby Sozoed on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:40 am

Downpour,
Thanks Sis, for all your prayers for all of us. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are ministering to us.

I am really glad tohear of improved relations between you and your hubby! That's the work of the Holy Spirit right there! That is awesome!

As the Holy Spirit begins to move in each of our relationships, lets be sharing with each other...there's nothing like miracles...even 'little' ones, to pick us all up, and to encourage us to keep the faith! :hugs:
~Lauren
Sozoed

Postby Downpour on Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Thank you Lauren.

Yes it is the little miracles, that encourage me sooooo much!! What I thought would be impossible, God has proven that nothing is beyond His reach!!!

:praise:
Downpour

Postby kat on Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:44 pm

Downpour YAY!!!! Maybe your husband Shawn is letting go of some of that anger....I sure hope so....I know that is part of my brothers problem...and was mine for a very long time...Anger has a way of keeping you warm...which is frightening...My husband is getting better...He rolls his eyes less...I think his problem is that he was raised catholic...tadah...no need to study that bible folks....duh....So frustrating!!! So when I see things happening in the world and how they fit with prophesy of the bible...he is clueless.... He knows NOTHING of it....boggles my brain...I have no idea where to start trying to teach him...so I made a list off the top of my head...wars rumors of wars...pestilences....that type of thing...but that isn't good....I keep telling him to come here....because all of you seem to have your stuff together...while I know in my heart what to look for...and from being taught from the time I was around...7ish....I get too excited...the ADHD takes over...and then I overwhelm him...then he rolls those beautiful brown eyes...tunes me out....and back to square one we go!!! ugh.
I agree...the little things...are just as awesome as the big things...like watching a new born babe...they don't come out walking/talking....but little by little....

KINA!!!! I LOVE THAT YOU STILL SAY DUDE!!!! HA!! YOu and I are too much alike!!! lol Kate
kat

Postby Downpour on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:29 am

Kat, I'm the same way, I get to excited when I try to speak to my husband about God, maybe that is why he tunes me out also!! But I can't help myself, what God has done in my life excites me so much, I just want to share it with everyone. I know that I can't make my husband believe, but it is the Holy Spirit that will draw him, so I keep praying!!

I will pray for your husband!!
Downpour

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:19 pm

God is good! And All the time!

I know how it is to see some of that anger slip away from your hubbie, Downpour. PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Even Mike has admitted that something in him is changing. There used to be a time only a couple of years ago that Mike wouldn't even let me talk about the Bible without a HUGE fight starting...now, I can tell him stories...one of the ones that got his attention was when he had come home from a long hard day of construction. He was dejected and feeling like he was sinking. I happened to have Job open and read him this....

Job 7:
Does not man have hard service on earth? Are not his days like those of a hired man? Like a slave longing for the evening shadows, or a hired man waiting eargerly for his wages, so I have been allotted months of futility, and nights of misery have been assigned to me.

When I lie down I think, How long before I get up? The night drags on, and I toss till dawn.

LOL! This was exactly how Mike was feeling. He actually laughed with me as I explained BRIEFLY - Job was this guy who had it ROUGH...In fact, did you know the devil and God actually had kind of a bet going over his reaction to his issues?

Mike's eyes didn't glaze over like they normally do, he let me talk a bit about Job which led to me telling him that "nothing is new under the sun" (Ecclesiates). I cut it short for fear of pushing him away, praying the Holy Spirit would do His work in our lives.

And He has, the Lord is awesome! :a3: ?

Now for a testimony!!!

God bless you all seven-fold for your prayers! We just landed a contract the will take us through the month of August and September! While it will do nothing for the debt that has accumulated in our business, it will pay all our bills and feed my girls, and might even give us enough for school supplies and some clothes for my oldest.

Get this - the contract is with a couple we met over three months ago at our first home show in Oregon. They are Christian and even witnessed to me at the home show. The wife and I hit it off totally and ended up talking a long time about how great God really is. I even referred her to this website.

AND - I told Mike that the Lord was going to come through for us in a miraculous way and just in the nick of time. Praise God! His word never fails.
Never never never...(For those on the sidelines - please understand that God's word NEVER fails!!)

During this last month of praying and coming together with you all here, God has sent me numerous signs in the way of birds (unusual for me)- including a healthy baby quail directly from the mouth of my large Mixed breed dog that EATS all birds - showing me clearly that He would take care of me. That I was more important to him than the sparrows!! Through this last month I have had a peace that passes ALL understanding!

I've also gained what I consider to be an amazing season of having intense prayer warriors in my corner! And a desire to keep this season of fellowship as strong as it feels now. While it may not always feel this apparent we will choose to walk in faith that what we are accomplishing here in prayer together is far greater than any point we could prove or argument we could win when witnessing to our spouses.

Let's not stop praying for each other, in fact I challenge us all here to become even more diligent in prayer for each other and our families. I KNOW God is about to do a miraculous work in all our lives! In fact, I proclaim that He right now is moving in ways we can't even begin to imagine. All for our good! All for His Glory and all for us. WOW!

Keep the testimony's coming!!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:21 pm

:grin: Chuchgirl, my husband is in construction too!! It is so wonderful to hear, that you where able to talk to him about Job. To me Job is such a great example of a persons faithfulness in God.

Congradulation on your contract!!

Praise God!!! :grin:

Let's not stop praying for each other, in fact I challenge us all here to become even more diligent in prayer for each other and our families. I KNOW God is about to do a miraculous work in all our lives! In fact, I proclaim that He right now is moving in ways we can't even begin to imagine. All for our good! All for His Glory and all for us. WOW!

:a3:
Downpour

Postby Sozoed on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:44 pm

I am backing this quote from Kina up 100%!!!
"Let's not stop praying for each other, in fact I challenge us all here to become even more diligent in prayer for each other and our families. I KNOW God is about to do a miraculous work in all our lives! In fact, I proclaim that He right now is moving in ways we can't even begin to imagine. All for our good! All for His Glory and all for us. WOW! Keep the testimony's coming!!"
I truly believe we are in a miraculous season right now, where the Lord is answering the prayers of His children.
"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The fervent, effectual prayers of a righteous man avails much". James 5:16
Sozoed

Postby kat on Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:54 pm

OH KINA!!!! I am soo happy for you and your family!!! Do you need help with school supplies....IM me...I can help you!!!! I have more stuff laying around than my one child could possibly use!!! I'd love to mail some to you!!! Your sister in Christ, Kate
kat

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:36 pm

:praise: Keep on keeping on, folks. God isn't through with us yet. :grin:
Salty Skipper

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:53 pm

We just got back from a great weekend in Seattle with the kids. It was a good time! During our stay there, my husband left his debit card in an ATM machine. We didn't notice it until about midday and talk about bringing down the fun!! I started praying right away, for my mood more than the card! Turns out, we kept our cool and didn't get too angry. Went back to the place and God showed up. Someone had turned in the card!!!! Praise God!!!!! :a3:

My husband was a different person for the rest of the weekend. He kept bringing up how it was so strange that we found the card, that someone had turned it in. If only he would open his eyes and realize that God is truly good and cares for all of us. His hand was all over this one!!!

Have a great day family!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:11 pm

Hi y'all! I just found this thread...and just found out what "unequally yoked" spouse means. I'm one of them!

My husband, Scott, is one of the most Christian-like non-Christians I've ever known. He is very quiet, and very giving. But though he says he admires Christ and wants to model his life after him...he doesn't believe in God or Christ. He says if he was to be anything, he would be Jewish.

He was raised in deep east Texas and he says a very heavy-handed approach to force him to be Christian early on made him defiant.

He's a software developer. We've been married 8 years, no kids. We are unequally yoked because faith didn't matter that much to me when we were dating and we got married. Now it does, and he blames me for changing.

He also blames me for becoming more conservative, but I have managed to convince him he is not really a liberal. I think a whole lot of people in Austin (we move from there to the hill country 8 months ago) claim to be liberal because it's viewed as very trendy and hip and cool. I know I did.

I have somewhat convinced him he's really a moderate Libertarian.

I'm at the point that bringing it (faith) up anymore just causes problems...but there is a whole lot I don't feel I can share...so I bring it up anyway but it causes some friction. He defends atheism and his atheist friends a lot.

I've pretty much been Christian my whole life, with some VERY serious back-slidding and lots of sinning. I fell for the liberal lies that there is no sin for awhile...but then figured it out.

I have been a lifelong Episcopalian, but can no longer tolerate their apostasy so I've joined a church that's breaking away from the national USA Episcopal church.

It's hard, ladies! I hear all of you.

I'm at the point of trying to convey what a blessing faith is by example. And God throws me some miracles that Scott sees, like finding a kitten lost for 2 days in the heat, 3/4 mile from home!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:25 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:We just got back from a great weekend in Seattle with the kids. It was a good time! During our stay there, my husband left his debit card in an ATM machine. We didn't notice it until about midday and talk about bringing down the fun!! I started praying right away, for my mood more than the card! Turns out, we kept our cool and didn't get too angry. Went back to the place and God showed up. Someone had turned in the card!!!! Praise God!!!!! :a3:

My husband was a different person for the rest of the weekend. He kept bringing up how it was so strange that we found the card, that someone had turned it in. If only he would open his eyes and realize that God is truly good and cares for all of us. His hand was all over this one!!!

Have a great day family!

AMEN!! God is amazing! I have a similar story to share - but I always feel like I'm hogging the board! :blahblah: LOL! I'm gonna save it for another time. But I do agree there are so many signs the Lord gives us.

Don't you feel something taking place?...like a shift of balance in our favor?...spiritual battles are being one through our prayers here.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:36 pm

WhiteH2OWoman wrote:My husband, Scott............ We are unequally yoked because faith didn't matter that much to me when we were dating and we got married. Now it does, and he blames me for changing......

He also blames me for becoming more conservative.

It's hard, ladies! I hear all of you.

I'm at the point of trying to convey what a blessing faith is by example. And God throws me some miracles that Scott sees, like finding a kitten lost for 2 days in the heat, 3/4 mile from home!

Ahhhhhhhhh...the battle of CHANGE.

Before I was saved I worked to change my husband to be the dream of a husband I thought he should be.

Then when I got saved I tried to change him so he could be the NEW DREAM of a husband I thought he should be!

Now that I've walked a bit with the Lord I am looking at myself and realizing how much I have changed and when my husband tells me that I'm the one who's changed I tell him....AMEN!! But I also counter with "Isn't it better than me asking you to change?" Gotta love a Prude with Tatoos!

THANK YOU for posting H20 - and WELCOME to the Club! Expect some major prayer warriors to be instantaneously on your side! We've got your back in prayer fer sure!!

p.s. I had a similar experience with a baby quail....very cool!!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

PreviousNext

Return to Family Room