Unequally Yoked Spouses Club

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:49 pm

Okay...last post guys...sorry! :wink:

UPDATE: I have a job interview next week - date and time to come forth on Monday - with Aflac. It is for a management position and that is about all I know right now. The Lord knows our needs both financially and emotionally.

Can you please pray that if it be the Lord's will for me to take this job that He make it TOTALLY CLEAR.

It would be nice if He could send Gabriel my way and Gabe would be like, "Kina, take this job. Love, Jesus."

I'm excited about the prospect and the opp - while I didn't think I would be at first- so let's make sure this isn't my flesh and my ego trying to "save the family ship" with my career. When Mike was the at home parent it was not easy on Mike or our marriage...

Mike is all gung-ho about it. Has actually said in anger and calmly that it's time I go back to work. He's tired of being the sole provider...I have had a wonderful three years of pretty much kicking it...although there is that suprise pregnancy stuck in between that time!

God's will. God's will. God's will. This is the most significant area in my life I struggle with. The pride of my abilities on the job. I always go in guns drawn and ret' to go!
Pray to keep me on God's path, so I don't go blazing my own trail.
Come Pray with Us @
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Praying that the Lord will make it very clear to you Churchgirl!! :grin:
Downpour

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:24 pm

Prayers, ChurchGirl, and thanks for the warm welcome!
Went through the management thing 10-15 years ago, it wasn't everything I wanted, now I run my own business. I'm just that type that has to run the show (it's freelance writing.)

:grin:
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:39 pm

oh boy I will be praying Kina...and asking the same...I started a new job 2 weeks ago...and I am seriously having second thoughts..not about my ability...but my faith being firm in the time I am working...I have been hearing alot of F words and the Lords Name in vain....and I just want to shudder...it is funny...how I used to cuss like a truck driver...but now it is almost embarassing to me...and the Lord's name...I can't stand it...I find my self saying in my head after they say it...Our Lord and Savior...I won't let this job come between me and My Lord!!! So hard...decisions...decisions...but....I will hang in there for a bit and see if it will get better...social work is not the best place for a born again christian in someways... :roll:
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:40 pm

Praying for you all dear Saints! Kate - I'm lifting you up especially in the area of your career.

Speaking of careers...no call today as of 4:37pm to set that interview. Interesting. Maybe this is the Lord saying no to this one after all. We will see...

H20 - you and I are in the same boat. I'm a writer as well. What is your focus?

Just a note to drop in and tell you I love you all...keeping the prayers up!
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:56 am

Well Saints, I got the call this morning for the job interview. It is set for tomorrow at 4pm.

My stomach is bouncing all over the place, and it's not necessarily a bad thing. I've interviewed literally thousands of people throughout my career, this will be my first time to sit on the other end of the table in over 10 years. And the last time I already had the job...

Pretty exciting stuff for me...like a whole new adventure is about to begin.

I know you all already have my back in prayer! Thank you!!

I'll post the haps tomorrow night!

Time to go get my portfolio together.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:04 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:H20 - you and I are in the same boat. I'm a writer as well. What is your focus?

Mainly ghostwriting on real estate, financial, and sales and marketing material. For fun I write fiction--primarily science fiction--but none published yet. But then, I haven't really been trying in the last year or two for fiction...been too busy making money.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:18 pm

Good Luck Kina!!!!! I will be thinking of you!!!! By the way...I love the new avatar!!!! orange and pink are my favorite colors...bright and cheery!!! I will be praying for your family and for you to get the job if it is in God's will.
kat

Postby FreeInHim on Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:12 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:Well Saints, I got the call this morning for the job interview. It is set for tomorrow at 4pm.

WEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL??????????????

I think we're all waiting with worms on our tongues! (Baited breath).
FreeInHim

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:26 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRR....
I am happy to announce that this is not the job for me. I'm a bit miffed at the lady who set the interview, because she gave me the wrong job description. While still mgmt there is way too much direct sales involved. So, my resume's still posted and I'm more than happy to spend the next couple of weeks waiting on the Lord.

Sorry for the delayed response. I had to pray through my bad attitude! Yesterday was mostly a pout, and today....much better!

Another blessing to report...and confirmation not to take this job - Mike just landed another possible contract that would take us through the winter if the timing is the Lord's...they're Christian too!! Oh yeah - we're on our way there for dinner tonight! They are just around the corner from us so the expense for travel will be so minimal!

Praise the Lord. He always shines through the storm.

Oh yeah - doing a BIG Yard sale tomorrow to scrape together some $$. Funny to ask but as always, keep me in your prayers. The miracles that come from them....wow! Talk about bearing fruit....I forgot to mention the whole reason I posted!!!

I am witnessing to the new client's daughter who is my age and becoming a very good friend...she is so ready to accept Christ. Pray for me tonight as she has asked to hear my testimony! We are camping out with our kids together.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Salty Skipper on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:04 pm

:praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby Downpour on Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:10 am

Praying for you!!
Downpour

Postby Sozoed on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:57 pm

Downpour wrote:Praying for you!!
Add me in! Witnessing is always so exciting!
Sozoed

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:10 am

AUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! I have the most AMAZING testimony to share with you guys - BUT I have to go do a yard sale I am already late for...as a teaser - this is what I wrote about Herb's commentary from yesterday..... THERE IS SO MUCH MORE!!!

I'll tell you all the details tonight - but God has PROVIDED!!! Mike has secured that Christian client I told you about....and when we connect the dots later on.....WOW!!!

Quick testimony before my yard sale. My husband actually read this post of Herb's. Saw it is what we've been saying COULD happen.
THEN!!!!!! At 11pm after listening to me go on about how amazing it could really be if this in fact is the start...and at night after a hard day -

My husband ASKED me to read him Ezek 37-39!!!!! The FIRST TIME EVER he's asked to hear the Word.

THEN!!!

He asked me to put in a sermon DVD his new Christian client lent him (HA HA) that we could watch together.

THEN he said he would be willing to "watch" church with me!!!

Thank God for your reporting Herb. It is becoming the strongest witnessing tool I have to physically use with my husband. Whatever happens with the EU - at least now my unbelieving husband is paying attention!

I'm crying and shaking with joy.
For some background on our stories - you can visit our Unequally Yoked Club in the Whatever section.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:20 am

I replied to you in the "What Herb thinks" thread. But I will reply to you here also!!

:banana: :banana: Ya Hoo!!! :grin:

Keeping both of you in my prayers!!
Downpour

Postby kat on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:38 am

YaY!!!!!!!! Oh Kina I am soo happy for you!!!!!! BTW my hubby is listening to Christian music with me and came to church with us last weekend!!! :a3:
kat

Postby Downpour on Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:27 am

kat wrote:YaY!!!!!!!! Oh Kina I am soo happy for you!!!!!! BTW my hubby is listening to Christian music with me and came to church with us last weekend!!! :a3:

:banana: :banana:

Another banana dance!! What great news Kat!! :grin:

Keeping you both in my prayers!!
Downpour

Postby ChurchGirl on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:16 pm

kat wrote:YaY!!!!!!!! Oh Kina I am soo happy for you!!!!!! BTW my hubby is listening to Christian music with me and came to church with us last weekend!!! :a3:

WOW!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!

Kat - that is awesome!! I will pray hard and strong for you girl - I don't know about everyone here but usually when I make some headway with my man that's when I can be assured the enemy will try to zoom in on my joy.

The Holy Spirit is working through us people - I can proclaim this whole- heartedly!!

Here's the rest of my testimony - I tried to nutshell it - but you know most of the background....

Everyone remembers the camping trip I went on – I think back on page two? At the trip we took my daughter’s friend. She got home sick the first night and we had to drive a ways into town to call her mom who had to come out. Long story short, she stayed with us – and her and I had a blast together. It is her parent’s house we will be remodeling next - saving me from having to get a job for the next few months AND allowing us to do the Fall home show we need to get our business debt paid down.

Praise God! He has so intricately woven this into His plans. I’m being given the chance to witness to my new friend who is very receptive, and I’ve gained a wonderful new client. Hello! She even (client) put my baby down for a nap for me today and then took my oldest with her grandkids to get school supplies.

It’s hard to write down all the little details that God has set into play. He has miraculously come through and in the strangest ways (human eyes) He has answered every prayer.

EVERY PRAYER!

But in ways I couldn’t have even fathomed. He has wonderful plans for you and I - if we just rest in Him it makes it so much easier – AND if we cry out for prayer as I have done here….my goodness…I never could have imagined being so blessed by this forum.

For the first time I didn’t worry more than a brief cry here and there, the waters were miraculously calm through the household and as you can see from my previous post – Mike is starting to see God’s hand.

In fact, we were sitting in the room looking at each other for a while – I had just showed him Herb’s post…and I say.. “I just gotta praise God right now Mike…and then connected all the dots for him…..

It was then that he said let’s watch that DVD….
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:13 am

:praise:

Oh Kina, I am so happy for you!! Our God is so wonderful!!

I'll be lifting you both up to the Lord, and your friend also, may you plant the seed for the Holy Spirit to water!!!

:blessyou:
Downpour

Postby FreeInHim on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:17 am

What wonderful news, Churchgirl!!! I'm SO happy for you and your hubby! Same goes for you, Kat! God is great! I'm so happy your husbands are now hearkening to the sound of the Shepherd's voice! :a3:
FreeInHim

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:37 pm

Kina, that is so wonderful! And you too, Kat!

Well...my husband did choose a recent NetFlix movie because he thought it would be more wholesome...that's something, I guess!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby Sozoed on Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:55 pm

FreeInHim wrote:What wonderful news, Churchgirl!!! I'm SO happy for you and your hubby! Same goes for you, Kat! God is great! I'm so happy your husbands are now hearkening to the sound of the Shepherd's voice! :a3:

Amen and amen to both Kina and Kat! Our God is an Wonderful Father, who truly does give us the desires of our hearts!
But please, please continue to pray for my hubby (Dave), and all the others here who don't seem to be making progress. Time may be so short, and they all need the Lord in their lives BIG TIME!
I had to laugh...WhiteH2owoman's hubby sounds just like mine here!
"Well...my husband did choose a recent NetFlix movie because he thought it would be more wholesome...that's something, I guess!"
Praise God girl! For every little tiny baby step...cause that's all I'm getting from my hubby as well. Keep the faith!
Sozoed

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Heavenly Father, please forgive me if I've been too wrapped up in my own issues and my own needs Lord. Please focus my heart and mind on the things You would have me pray on. Today I lift Dave up to you specifically Lord. Let Lauren's household be filled with your Holy Spirit Lord. I ask that You surround her husband with believers in Christ so that he may see Godly examples all around and in the most wonderful circumstances.
Lord please show Dave your hand in his life in the way only You know how. Lord I lift all our unbelieving spouses up to you and into your loving care. I petition in Jesus' name that you extend your grace to these sons and daughters of Yours and bring them to Your Holy feet.
They are a precious treasure for us that we pray would be with us in Heaven worshipping You side by side.

Praying for you and Dave fervently, as well as for all of us here. Let's continue to build one another up in the Lord. Even the little steps are steps towards Jesus!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby FreeInHim on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:06 pm

Sozoed wrote:But please, please continue to pray for my hubby (Dave), and all the others here who don't seem to be making progress. Time may be so short, and they all need the Lord in their lives BIG TIME!

Absolutely, Sozoed! Thank you..........I shouldn't have needed reminding. I will definitely put you all in my prayers. May the Lord :blessyou: all as you go about His business.

It does seem God is rounding up His strays in these last days. I'm reminded that there will be no fence sitters in the end times. Everyone will know which side they're on very soon. I think that may account for the increase in two very polar occurrences: one is the increase in people embracing Christ; the other is an increase in depravity and crime.
FreeInHim

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:48 am

1 John 4:11-12
(NIV)

Since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
None of us will ever see one another here. I'm sure there were members of the various churches Paul wrote to, who never laid eyes on his face either. There will be countless other "watchers" who read our letters here to one another...whose names we will never know...

With the age of faceless friends - I just Praise the Lord for the wonderful strength He provides us when we love another honestly. For when we truly love one another, then God is living in us!

Only He can provide the kind of love that is produced in chat rooms like this. Only He can give us the sincerity to say I have sisters and brothers in Christ I have never laid eyes on, but whom I truly and deeply love.

Praying for you all this morning, and lifting up this club in fervent prayer.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Downpour on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:48 am

Praying for everyone. It is so wonderful to see how the Lord, is helping us all!! :grin:

Kina, I agree with you, it is so wonderful to come to a place, and know that your Brothers and Sisters in Christ are praying for you!! I can't wait to meet you all!!

:hugs:
Downpour

Postby kat on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:57 pm

Kina-what you said about Satan trying to get in...HOW true!!! We both have been nagging at each other...just stupid little things...nit picking...I have been praying in my mind all day....my temper seems to be coming back...and I don't want it to....so I have been in constant prayer over that as well...ugh...It is hard to work on my own issues when I am so worried over all of my loved ones...and I know time is short...and my frustration is turning to anger...Please Lord...Lift me up...stand beside me, make me strong in your will!!!
Whiteh2Owoman....baby steps are AWESOME!!!! None of us leave the gate running...we crawl...stumble...falll....pick ourselves up...and try again...I will be praying for all of you!!! How blessed we are to have each other to lean on as well as leaning on Christ....I too can't wait to meet you all!! Hugs and cheers and praises are in order!!!
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:08 am

This was one of my morning devotions...and I felt compelled to send it your way...Praying for you all dear friends!
“Building the House – God Builds with Broken Lives”

Luann Prater, Proverbs 31 Speaker

Key Verse:

Ephesians 2:20-22, “…built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.” (NIV)

Devotion:

This world is a classroom and my lessons recently have been about building. We have been acting as our own general contractors on our dream house. For years, my husband and I drove around the lake looking for the right parcel of land. Four years ago, we bought 5 acres and began the search for the right blueprints. Two years ago, we bought them.

Finding and interviewing subcontractors became the next quest to insure everything would be done on time, on budget and exactly as we had planned. Last year we broke ground and soon discovered that not everyone plays by the rules. After our survey and grading went off without a hitch we were feeling pretty confident about this whole building process. Then came my first lesson: God builds with broken lives.

You hire people; they do their job; and everyone is happy. Reality smacked us in the face when we hired Charles, a nice young man with a lovely wife and two small children to frame our house. He seemed like the perfect choice to build the skeleton that would hold our little dream together. However, after two months there were no walls and the only thing building was his lies. My mild-mannered husband fired this nice young man.

Why did we have to endure that little setback? On Friday of that week it became clear. My husband walked in the door that night and announced, “I understand now.” He handed me the letter. The letter was from the young man thanking us for firing him. After the confrontation with my husband he was driving down the road distraught and crying when his cell phone rang. It was his brother asking how he was doing. You see, his brother was a youth minister who had been praying for two years for his wayward brother to turn back to the Lord. That very moment Charles turned his car in the direction of the church, fell on his knees and came back to the Lord.

My husband choked back the tears and sighed, “Two months was a small price to pay.”

”And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit” (Eph 2:22).

God is using you and me each day to reach his lost sheep. Our adversities may be the stepping stones that enable these sheep to cross over to the Father’s House.

My Prayer for Today:

Lord, we know that our ways are not Your ways, and yet we question Your authority. Today help us to see the bump in our road may be the stop sign for someone racing down the road to destruction. Give us compassionate hearts as we wait on You. In Jesus’ Name we pray, Amen.

Application Steps:

Pray for God to open your eyes so you can see the lost around you.

Journal:

Write your struggles in a spiral notebook and then pray over them. Date it. Record the day of deliverance beside each prayer. Discover God’s timing is perfect.

Reflection Points:

Why do you think this struggle is only affecting you?
Who is watching your actions and reactions?
What can you do to reach out to a hurting heart?
When was the last time you recorded the details of God’s deliverance?

Power Verses:

Ezekiel 34:4, “You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost.” (NIV)

Jeremiah 10:23, “I know, O Lord, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.” (NIV)

Matthew 9:12, “Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” (NIV)
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:26 am

kat wrote:Kina-what you said about Satan trying to get in...HOW true!!! We both have been nagging at each other...just stupid little things...nit picking...I have been praying in my mind all day....my temper seems to be coming back...and I don't want it to....so I have been in constant prayer over that as well...ugh...It is hard to work on my own issues when I am so worried over all of my loved ones...and I know time is short...and my frustration is turning to anger...Please Lord...Lift me up...stand beside me, make me strong in your will!!!
Whiteh2Owoman....baby steps are AWESOME!!!! None of us leave the gate running...we crawl...stumble...falll....pick ourselves up...and try again...I will be praying for all of you!!! How blessed we are to have each other to lean on as well as leaning on Christ....I too can't wait to meet you all!! Hugs and cheers and praises are in order!!!

The enemy is so crafty...he knows our flesh better than we do...he knows our carnal tendencies....he's been there from our beginning as well...so it goes without saying that he will focus in on what he can try to take from us....our joy. And he knows how to do it...subtly and efficiently.

The enemy cannot take our salvation...he cannot stop our spouses from being saved! God has set the rules and we already know that we win - check that - have already won!! Our victory is in Jesus! Our victory is already written in his precious blood!

I pray that today the Lord begins to send more and more believers to your spouses. I pray they can witness the diversity that is within the Body of Christ. I pray that they all receive random witnessing that we may never know about until we are all in Heaven together. I pray that the Lord send your husbands and wives significant role models in Christ...leaders in Christ's love...I pray that your spouses be inundated by the expressions of God's miraculous love that they have to pause and question the path they are walking. I cry out to Jesus for you and your families...may miracles upon miracles begin flooding your homes. I pray that if any of us are not the specific person to lead our spouses to Christ - I ask Lord that you provide that person today. I pray that you bring every one of our unbelieving spouses to your feet....every hard heart....I ask that you soften and make ready for Your presence. In Jesus' name I pray...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby kat on Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:09 pm

:a3:
kat

Postby Downpour on Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:08 am

Praying in agreement!! :a3:
Downpour

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:36 am

Will y'all please pray for me and especially on September 15th?

I have a very bad left knee as a result of hardcore running and weightlifting competition I did for 27 years. It's had 3 orthopedic surgeries.

Recently, I've had severe pain, so the orthopedic did an MRI. I was expecting to hear orthopedic things...but was thrown for a complete loop.

They found a tumor in my knee that was not there on an MRI done 2 years ago. They are telling me knee tumors are "almost always benign", but my orthopedic referred me to an oncology (tumor) surgeon immediately.

Oncology surgeon said even if it's benign, it could be causing my pain. It's almost the size of a quarter.

So I'm having surgery on September 15th to get the tumor out. While I'm under, they will test it to see what it is.

Best case, I'm on crutches for 3 weeks afterward. As a very active person, this will chap me, but I've dealt with it before (on crutches 6 weeks after the last surgery 2 years ago.)

Please pray for me, and for my husband, Scott, who would be lost without me.

--Tam
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby Downpour on Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:24 pm

Praying for you Tam!! :(
Downpour

Postby kat on Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Good luck on the surgery whiteH2Owoman!!! I am praying for you!!!
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:56 am

WhiteH2OWoman wrote:Will y'all please pray for me and especially on September 15th?

I have a very bad left knee as a result of hardcore running and weightlifting competition I did for 27 years. It's had 3 orthopedic surgeries.

Recently, I've had severe pain, so the orthopedic did an MRI. I was expecting to hear orthopedic things...but was thrown for a complete loop.

They found a tumor in my knee that was not there on an MRI done 2 years ago. They are telling me knee tumors are "almost always benign", but my orthopedic referred me to an oncology (tumor) surgeon immediately.

Oncology surgeon said even if it's benign, it could be causing my pain. It's almost the size of a quarter.

So I'm having surgery on September 15th to get the tumor out. While I'm under, they will test it to see what it is.

Best case, I'm on crutches for 3 weeks afterward. As a very active person, this will chap me, but I've dealt with it before (on crutches 6 weeks after the last surgery 2 years ago.)

Please pray for me, and for my husband, Scott, who would be lost without me.

--Tam

You better believe you are in my prayers Tam! I have something to send you - a testimony - I just have to pull it together and PM you - later on this afternoon.

In a nutshell...my best friend had a brain tumor less than five months ago...and God provided HUGE miracles in many many many ways....

You are invincible Tam. You have the Holy Spirit on your side, Jesus as your savior, and God Almighty running your show!

Praise the Lord! Because you KNOW this trial will be a testimony to your husband. Your faith will shine through this trial and you will be a shining light that no one can extinguish! Through this Tam I know you will be exactly the witness God has called you to be. I know that He will provide you all the strength you need to endure this. I renounce the enemy here and now - NO DOUBT will enter and no worry will plague you - call upon Jesus each time you begin to fret. Don't worry for Scott...God is always faithful.

Love you intensely girl!!
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:54 pm

Thank you, ChurchGirl, you are very kind!

You know, this thing--along with severe pain--just came up recently, and I've only been putting out tracts for about 2 months now. And I've had unbelievers take things I say on boards like this and twist my words around and post them. Hmmm...

I am making an extra effort to put out more tracts and post more and share the faith. It's quite clear the enemies of our Lord don't want me to do that, so I'm doing it twice as much!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:38 pm

You Go Girl!!!! Don't let that big liar, deciever, evil one get you down...Fight it!!! PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!! :a2: :armor:
kat

Postby sparkly on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:05 am

Hi all, just checking in. Sorry to be a stranger. It's wonderful to read of the Lord working in your lives.

Praying...
sparkly

Postby Sozoed on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:06 pm

kat wrote:You Go Girl!!!! Don't let that big liar, deciever, evil one get you down...Fight it!!! PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!! :a2: :armor:

Count me in on praying for you Tam! You are literally stepping out and up into the kingdom, and naturally satan is threatened!(Look at where satan is trying to hit you...where you walk.)
I am praying that this knee surgery is quick, painless and effective, and that even during the recuperation period, the Lord will gently show you ways to continue to witness!
'You go girl' is right!!!!
(((((hugs)))))
~Lauren
Sozoed

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:05 pm

Thank you, Lauren dear, that was very uplifting!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby MarvelousMom on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:52 pm

Hi to the UYSC gang. I have been following y'all since Kina started it up. What a great support group.

I am in an UY marriage. Back when we married, I thought that one "little" difference would not matter, considering all the other ways we were similiar... The differences COMPOUNDED when we had our first child. Some would call it the snowball effect. Wow. What a shock.

I never posted here because I don't quite fit in here. I have been separated from my husband. The divorce is not final, but my children & I made it out alive ~ 4 years ago. Praise God!

I want to share some things with you that have made a difference in my community and church. Perhaps this might spark an idea with one of you.

I began a Sunday School class in my church in 2000 (with 6 ladies) just for women in UY marriages. From that, we seeded off another class in 2003 (with 5) focused on 25-45 yr old moms in UY marriages. Seeded off another class recently to focused on "single again moms" (with 6 starting the class). Over the years I have seen several husbands come to know Christ. We always had at least 2 women in sound stable Christian marriages in the classes.

In 2004, we asked one's husband to start a men's class for the UNSAVED husbands so they could have a "safe" place to go if they wanted to attend with their wives. They mainly had "manly" gatherings...sporting events, hunting/fishing trips, hanging out auto stuff...you get the picture. Sunday's at church they talked about their events & built relationships. Several godly men were among them. The unsaved men saw a difference and begin to ask questions...

Also we offer "Before You Divorce" - for couples in crisis and "DivorceCare"-for separated & divorced individuals. Both are Christ centered video driven programs offered in churches nationwide.
Last edited by MarvelousMom on Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby MarvelousMom on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:59 pm

With that background info, I need to ask for your help. I would like your collective prayers. See prayer request here. I recognize & value the power of prayer as do many of you here.

Thank you!
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:40 am

God is good Kathy. It is past midnight here and the club was on my heart, I know I logged on for you....

Lord, I lift Kathy up to you tonight. I ask that you place your angels of protection from both this world and in spirit all around her throughout the next 48 hours - in her house and in her car - at her meeting place I pray the room be packed chock full of your angelic warriors. Right Now.

I pray that you continue to send people in her life to champion her cause here on earth. Fill Kathy with your Holy Spirit Lord. Remove any fear that may be lingering Lord, give her the peace of knowing she is always safe in Your care.

I pray Lord that you will hear this woman and grant her the justice and closure that is in your perfect will. I ask that this twelfth attempt be the final. I pray that you will surround Kathy's ex-husband with your love and guidance using him as you would any other non-believer - release him from whatever demons or powers that are enticing him to hold onto his imagined winning chess piece. Lord make all that crumble away and give my sister the peace that only Jesus can provide. I pray that you will cover her two sons and fill them with your wisdom. Guide them through your precepts Lord let them follow you and look to you as their ultimate example in what a Father really is.

I cry out to you tonight Lord not so others may hear my puffed up words. God, I cry out to you tonight in this forum so that when Kathy's miracles DO COME TO FRUITION in your perfect will there will be NO DOUBT for anyone reading this that PRAYER in Your name sweet Jesus is always answered, and you Lord are ALWAYS faithful.

I have faith that Kathy's struggles have brought her to your throne Lord. The journey ends at your feet and we come to you with the knowledge that we shall have Your will be done, regardless.

in Jesus Holy and Precious name...

Welcome to the club sweet sister! I was so blessed to hear your testimony both here and at your prayer request...Kathy - You totally fit right in - your husband deserves our prayers more than any - as he cannot be sanctified by you...but he can still have some major warriors praying through the battle right along with you.

God bless you for even asking for us to pray for his salvation. Your heart in this will be rewarded. Praying for your enemies...the ones who strike us and betray us...now that's a sister I want praying for me!!

Don't go running away now Kathy - we will await your update...praying all the way.
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:11 am

Praying Kathy...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby MarvelousMom on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:06 pm

Thank you SO much for your prayers!!! I had such a peace during our meeting. John was extremely nervous, I could see it. He even told me how nervous he was; completely opposite from our time together in the past.

Interestingly, one of my friends who had never meet him actually "felt" a MAJOR evil presence (or several) as soon as he entered the restaurant. She spoke about it to another friend who confirmed that he had entered the room. How odd. Normally, I have, too...however, never told anyone.

This time I simply felt cloaked with the presence of the Holy Spirit...I cannot even explain it. May try journalling it later.

Early this morning God gave me His Word Deut. 31 3-8...I asked for a Word from Him. My Bible opened straight to this and I had circled from a prior study...The Lord your God himself will cross over ahead of you....Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you.

:armor: Amazing!!!
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:40 pm

Wow!!! THAT gave me the goose bumps!!!! I will pray for you....and welcome to our little group.
kat

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:06 pm

Happy Wednesday Brothers and Sisters!

I've got the joy of the Lord today and thought I would stop in and lift you all up in prayer. It's been quiet from many of us...except me of course :blahblah: but that's nothing new...

What's been happening in everyone's lives...can we hear some PRAISES? Prayer needs?... Don't bear the burden alone people...we don't have to anymore.

You are all in my prayers...
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:56 pm

Well, I have praise!

A few days ago, I prayed hard for the Lord to bless me with more income so that I could meet my obligations to others in the form of bills while I have my surgery (I work for myself, and income comes in fits and spurts.)

Within DAYS, a potential client put money down, and a former client reappeared out of the blue with a big project, and he put down a nice, fat deposit! And now 2 more have come in just today--I'm set!

THANK YOU, LORD, I PRAISE YOU AND WORSHIP YOU!

Then, yesterday, a huge line of thunderstorms formed--it was long and skinny, as long as maybe 6 counties. It was headed right for us, with lightning, hail, and high winds.

Before it reached us, it broke open about a third of the way from one end--you guessed it, right over our area. We did not get a drop.

I love God so much, y'all!
I praise him, worship him, and I trust him to protect me, my husband, our cats and dogs, and our property!
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby ChurchGirl on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:57 pm

:a3:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:07 pm

Good afternoon to all my Sisters and Brothers!

I have been gone for a time but I still pray for you! I want to remind everyone to pray for Tam and her knee surgery tomorrow. God will be with you and so will many prayers! :angel:

I have a praise for you. My husband has been so mellow lately. I can only attribute it to the many prayers being raised from this board, my church family, and anyone else I can get to pray for us. He used to be very angry and vocal in his objections towards anything "churchy". Now, he even rented "The End of the Spear," knowing that it had religious subject matter! That blows my mind!

Yes, we still have MANY moments but it's just different.

Thank you for your continued prayers!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

PreviousNext

Return to Family Room