THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Postby soundingthealarm on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:57 pm

I need to know why no OWNER, MODERATOR, OR FELLOW BROTHER/SISTER IN CHRIST HAS NOT SPOKEN OUT AGAINST THIS!!!!!!

If this is the board I think it was when I initially joined, I feel confident in saying Herb Peters would be disappointed. Why do you, mouserpg, think you could possibly think it was funny to post this. I know there are those on this board, or visitors who were disappointed. I would like to say I do not find this funny and am personally sorry for any one who now thinks most of us,christians, feel this way or think any part of it has humor. I am ashamed of all of you who chose to remain silent and not speak out against such a vile post!

I thought Abba told us to SEPARATE ourselves. Not sound exactly like and be silent just like the rest of the secular world. I hope you all truly examine yourselves. If we are in the last days, the love that will grow cold is starting to show its ugly head.

I'm praying we will allow the Spiril to guard our heart against growing cold. I pray we speak and show the Love that will draw others closer to our Lord.

Blessings :a2:

I have cut and pasted the outrageous post below:

***content removed by btm***
soundingthealarm
Supporting Member

Re: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Postby mouserpg on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm sorry if I offended you... but those are real issues. Someone else showed it to me, and I found it somewhat funny, but sad at the same time. I actually edited a LOT of worse content out of the post, before posting it.

I thought Abba told us to SEPARATE ourselves.

I agree.

Not sound exactly like and be silent just like the rest of the secular world.
Because that thread is being silent on important issues? If you knew me in real life, or even online where I chat with others in real time, you'd see how much the secular world hates me, and how much I differ from them.

I hope you all truly examine yourselves. If we are in the last days, the love that will grow cold is starting to show its ugly head.
I know, I have almost no more love anymore. After being stabbed in the back repeatedly by other Christians, treated like dirt by them, and witnessing all the evils of this world (abortion, homosexuality, lies, deceit, murder, rape, etc...), I find it very hard to even talk to someone about Christ, but I still do. I find it hard to feel the love for others that I used to, but I still do (barely).

I'm praying we will allow the Spirit to guard our heart against growing cold. I pray we speak and show the Love that will draw others closer to our Lord.
I agree with you.

I care about my country and don't want any of those things to happen to them.

With that said, I stand by my post's original intent: to show how sick the liberal mindset is. Do not think for one moment that I support any of it. It's called sarcasm... yes, some people don't use it, but I do use sarcasm heavily, with limits of course. But I do agree that I could have re-arranged the wording and made it sound less sarcastic.

God bless!

EDIT: Elijah in ancient times:

1 Kings 18:25-28 wrote: 25And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.

26And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.

27And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.

28And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
Isaiah 55:6-7 wrote:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
mouserpg

Postby soundingthealarm on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:25 pm

mouserpg wrote:I'm sorry if I offended you...

I am not offended. I am concerned about those who are on this board looking and learning how a christian community discusses various issues they may not all agree.

I know, I have almost no more love anymore. After being stabbed in the back repeatedly by other Christians, treated like dirt by them, and witnessing all the evils of this world (abortion, homosexuality, lies, deceit, murder, rape, etc...), I find it very hard to even talk to someone about Christ, but I still do. I find it hard to feel the love for others that I used to, but I still do (barely).

That is my concern. I am concerned about you...about ALL of us. When I read some of the posts, especially in this thread, I see, really see, what our Lord was speaking about when He said our love for one another would grow cold. We do not even realize the seed that is growing in our hearts. It is now to the point that I am afraid to see what else is being posted and all the replies. At one time this was the place to come and get good, solid information.

DO WE ALL AGREE WE COULD BE IN THE LAST DAYS WHEN THE LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER WILL GROW COLD?

Pray. Pray that we examine ourselves daily. Pray for our leaders, or those who may become our leaders. No one will come into power who the Lord did not allow to get that position. Please do not forget that. Let us, instead of watering the seed of malice, show others how to hold on tight to the love of the Lord.

mouserpg, I am praying for you. Do not let those who cloak themselves in the name of christianity, turn you away from your Lord. Abba loves you. Remember, we were never supposed to be comfortable here. People are going to lie, cheat, and betray you. We, here in the Christian Community, are here to remind you that it is during those times that Abba wants you to remember that we can only rely on Him.

Remember, only He can give you the peace beyond all understanding.

This election is going to bring about a lot of bad feelings. Let us all resolve to remind our brothers and sisters in Christ why we are here. To be a light unto the world. To show others how to discuss and disagree in Love.

soundingthealarm
Supporting Member

Postby mouserpg on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:36 pm

I agree with everything you said. Perhaps I will re-post without the sarcasm, and without the vile wording.
Isaiah 55:6-7 wrote:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
mouserpg

Postby D4Christ on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:01 pm

soundingthealarm wrote:I need to know why no OWNER, MODERATOR, OR FELLOW BROTHER/SISTER IN CHRIST HAS NOT SPOKEN OUT AGAINST THIS!!!!!!

If this is the board I think it was when I initially joined, I feel confident in saying Herb Peters would be disappointed. Why do you, mouserpg, think you could possibly think it was funny to post this. I know there are those on this board, or visitors who were disappointed. I would like to say I do not find this funny and am personally sorry for any one who now thinks most of us,christians, feel this way or think any part of it has humor. I am ashamed of all of you who chose to remain silent and not speak out against such a vile post!

I thought Abba told us to SEPARATE ourselves. Not sound exactly like and be silent just like the rest of the secular world. I hope you all truly examine yourselves. If we are in the last days, the love that will grow cold is starting to show its ugly head.

I'm praying we will allow the Spiril to guard our heart against growing cold. I pray we speak and show the Love that will draw others closer to our Lord.

I have cut and pasted the outrageous post below:

:a3:

But I wonder Sounding...when you confront the insensitive language of fellow Christians and expose it, as the word tells us to why would the content be removed? It was obviously good enough to be posted and still remains on the board as I type. Interesting....your call to stop the madness gets edited and yet the entire Election forum is still ripe with useless negativitiy and offensive language.

Your post was refreshing and I hope many take heed...thanks.
"1 Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him....3 Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed—the one who brings destruction."

--2 Thessalonians 2: 1,3
D4Christ
Supporting Member

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Abiding has been searching for the original post to remove it as well. If you have the link D4Christ, it would be helpful if you'd pm her with it.
AndCanItBe

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:15 pm

Thanks for your help, D4Christ, it's been taken care of now.
AndCanItBe

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2008