Interested in what anyone has to say about this pdf

Discussion and debate of Religions that contradict scripture

Interested in what anyone has to say about this pdf

Postby yael on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:43 am

yael

Postby lime on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:14 am

I closed the document when they started talking about kabbalah..................
lime

Postby lime on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 am

Yael: I didn't mean to sound rude........ If you took it that way..... I just feel that if anything is mixed with mysticism then I shut my ears and eyes..........
lime

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:30 am

I read it, and I just can't follow much of what it says. I think one would have to really have a deep understanding of the Feasts, and language to really discern the teaching. If this is a false teaching, then we will need to remove the link as directed by our board rules. I am leaning toward false teaching because it bears a strong resemblance of Dominionism to me. Anyone else have an opinion? I will leave it up for a short time while I research it. Thanks
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby D4Christ on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:06 am

I am glad that you will leave the link open while you research the document. It does not sound like the poster was trying to lead anyone into believing this document to be fact or not...just asking for opinions. And in that spirit, it is important that those who can read and discern the document should be allowed to do so, whether it is to prove or disprove its authencity as valid or contrary to our beleifs.

Considering that there is so many confusing view points out there, I appreciate it when some of our more learned scholars on this board show us the errancy in documents many of us would be temped to believe. In this way we learn not only that something is wrong, but why it is so wrong.

Though I did not read thru the whole document, I suspect that it is contrary to what I believe because the author believes that Revelation is figurative and should not be taken literally.

:a2:
"1 Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him....3 Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed—the one who brings destruction."

--2 Thessalonians 2: 1,3
D4Christ
Supporting Member

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:19 am

In light of this, I feel it best to move to a more appropriate forum. Thanks
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:01 am

The more I read this, the more I see it as having the appearance of Christ (messianic Judaism) but denying his power. Does anyone believe that Jesus lied when he said he went to prepare a place for us? Do we think that there will not be a real city of Jerusalem made new and coming down from heaven?
We cannot hasten the kingdom by meditating on the Torah in order to reconcile our lower flesh to a spiritual part. Christ did all the reconciling when he died on the cross, and taught us that if we believe in our heart, and confess with our mouth, that he is the son of God, and rose again, and lives......we will be saved. This was a gift to all mankind, freely given, but not for anything we can do, but by his grace. Christ alone has the power to draw us to himself. We are changed and given a new heart by him, and by his spirit are we taught and disciplined. No one can, by his own wisdom, understand the mysteries of God or his word.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby yael on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:08 pm

Lookfortruth wrote:The more I read this, the more I see it as having the appearance of Christ (messianic Judaism) but denying his power. Does anyone believe that Jesus lied when he said he went to prepare a place for us? Do we think that there will not be a real city of Jerusalem made new and coming down from heaven?
We cannot hasten the kingdom by meditating on the Torah in order to reconcile our lower flesh to a spiritual part. Christ did all the reconciling when he died on the cross, and taught us that if we believe in our heart, and confess with our mouth, that he is the son of God, and rose again, and lives......we will be saved. This was a gift to all mankind, freely given, but not for anything we can do, but by his grace. Christ alone has the power to draw us to himself. We are changed and given a new heart by him, and by his spirit are we taught and disciplined. No one can, by his own wisdom, understand the mysteries of God or his word.

That is what I thought also. Many thanks for everyone taking a look and giving your opinion. No opinion is bad.
yael

Postby Lookfortruth on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:19 pm

Thanks for bringing that one out. We should be aware of these very deceptive sects, and this one seems to be gaining much steam.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby crmann on Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Lookfortruth wrote:
The more I read this, the more I see it as having the appearance of Christ (messianic Judaism) but denying his power. Does anyone believe that Jesus lied when he said he went to prepare a place for us? Do we think that there will not be a real city of Jerusalem made new and coming down from heaven?

I must agree with what Lookfortruth wrote. God's plan of salvation is very simple....Romans 10:9 says very simply that if we will confess with our mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and shalt believe in our heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, we will be saved.

This guy has written a bunch of mystic gobblydegoop which uses all kinds of symbolism to come up with his strange beliefs. The only thing that might be at all true is that the mark of the beast may not be a visible mark at all. My thinking on this is that there is no visible mark that will make a true believer. And, a person doesn't have to have a visible mark for us to know if that person is a true believer. We can tell by that person's spirit, and then by what that person believes.

Let me be blunt.... If a person presents themselves as a Christian, start a discussion with them about the Bible and see if they are interested in it or if they instead try to change the subject, or worse yet, just walk away.

Born again believers are going to be hungry for God's Word, and are going to relish talking about it.

But as to this bnaiavraham web site, I would recommend forgetting about. There are too many other websites on the internet that are grounded in God's Word. Shake the dust off your sandles and go another way.

Blessings,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby RomaLynnStar on Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Based on what you said, lookfortruth, and crmmn

I am not even looking at it. Sounds like kingdom now, dominisim, and even new age consciousness junk to me.

Anything to replace the simple truth of believing in Jesus, people will jump to that is for sure.
RomaLynnStar

Postby milinda on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:49 pm

I noticed that the first page talked about Karl Jung. Karl Jung was an occutlist. Also this article kept quoteing from the Zohar which is nothing more then jewish mysticism. Because there is such a great move within the church today towards mysticism it is wise to be aware of these teachings and to warn others about them.
Romans 5:9 much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wraft of God through Him (Jesus)
milinda

Postby runner4jesus on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:28 pm

:a3: :a3: Lookfortruth, Crmann, RomaLynn & Milinda. Glad you caught these errors. Lookfortruth what you said is exactly what a bible believing, born again Christian should believe. And Roma Lynn the Dominionism is the worst teaching coming out, even by evangelists. The others you sited too!
And Milinda, mysticism is so prevalent today it's not funny. I have a sister who is a missionary and she believes this as a Christian. She used to be a nun and they practice this. She hasn't given it up. Glad you guys are on our toes and recognize these things. Love, Margie
PROCLAIMING THE TRUTH (see profile) John 17:17 Sanctify (set apart) them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
runner4jesus

Return to Other Religions Discussion & Debate