Pan-trib

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Pan-trib

Postby lookup on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:58 pm

I had a pastor/teacher say that he was a pan-tribulastionist once, I wonder how many of us might be persuaded to fall over that stumbling stone here at FP. I wouldn't know where else to post the question. Pan-Trib refers to "how ever it pans out." Might be an interesting thread. Though I am a pre-tribber it could be that all three of the theories are wrong and that the Lord has other plans of His own.

:bump:
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour” 1 Pet. 5:8

<><
lookup

Re: Pan-trib

Postby shorttribber on Fri May 13, 2011 6:27 am

Hi Lookup,

There are several more than the "Big Three"(just like the Auto Makers)...............are you familiar with or have you ever considered "shorttrib/prewrath"?
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri May 13, 2011 6:33 am

Hi lookup,

I'll move this to the General Bible Study and Debate forum.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby smallisland on Fri May 13, 2011 7:09 am

It appears every prophecy website has a particular rapture theory associated with it. This then affects the entire way events are reported (or not). I've been watching since 2006 and am pretty fed up that 5 years on nothing seems to have changed and someone without any prior knowledge who googles 'endtimes Bible prophecy' is just as likely as I was to be totally confused. Isn't it time you 'teachers' got your act together for the sake of the searcher????
smallisland

Postby shorttribber on Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 am

smallisland wrote:It appears every prophecy website has a particular rapture theory associated with it. This then affects the entire way events are reported (or not). I've been watching since 2006 and am pretty fed up that 5 years on nothing seems to have changed and someone without any prior knowledge who googles 'endtimes Bible prophecy' is just as likely as I was to be totally confused. Isn't it time you 'teachers' got your act together for the sake of the searcher????

Hi smallisland,
We are all required to study for ourselves and learn....we can't depend on the teaching of many as you have discovered.
What has been revealed to you by God thus far is important, that you must study to show yourself approved.

We must all be willing to be found wrong and God will in every case be found true..........Mathew 24 and Mark 13 declares "Let him that readeth understand". This of course pertains to the Word of God and not newspapers and prophecy forums.

Frustration can have many affects........I pray your desire for truth prevails over your desire to find responsible many who do not know it.

Bless you
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby smallisland on Fri May 13, 2011 8:12 am

Presumably before people set up a website they feel 'right' about their theory and happy to share it.

They can't all be correct though can they? So some are misleading the enquirer, even if unwittingly.

Its probably best then to avoid any form of end times website and just trust your own judgement.
smallisland

Postby shorttribber on Fri May 13, 2011 9:53 am

smallisland wrote:Presumably before people set up a website they feel 'right' about their theory and happy to share it.

They can't all be correct though can they? So some are misleading the enquirer, even if unwittingly.

Its probably best then to avoid any form of end times website and just trust your own judgement.

I would not recommend that.......just let God's Word be true and every man a liar.
Other ideas are healthy but only let them be a portion of insight and weigh them against the authority of God.

there are no shortcuts to truth.

:blessyou:
Last edited by shorttribber on Tue May 17, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

shorttribber

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue May 17, 2011 5:37 am

Smallisland- will you then avoid this site?

Just wondering

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby smallisland on Tue May 17, 2011 10:18 am

Seems like a good idea.
smallisland

Postby shorttribber on Tue May 17, 2011 10:43 am

smallisland wrote: trust your own judgement.

shorttribber wrote:We are all required to study for ourselves and learn....we can't depend on the teaching of many as you have discovered.
What has been revealed to you by God thus far is important, that you must study to show yourself approved.

and lastly again

shorttribber wrote:just let God's Word be true and every man a liar.
Other ideas are healthy but only let them be a portion of insight and weigh them against the authority of God.

I pray the lord will bless your seeing and hearing.

shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Sun May 29, 2011 8:31 pm

If there is one thing I have learned while being a watchman, its to WATCH. I don't know how many times I've seen this proved to me and us over the past several years. I've heard it said that no one's eschatology is 100%, and from what I've seen while being a watcher, I'd like to give a resounding AMEN to that statement.

I understand how we can "feel" discouraged when we don't have all the answers, but our feelings can deceive us into acting on them inappropriately, such as pridefully backing ourselves into a corner.

We ARE supposed to read the scriptures, pray for discernment, and gather together with other believers in order to gain eyes to see, ears to hear, and a whole ton of wisdom. We are all at different places in our growth and understanding in the scriptures, and some of us have more strength in that area than others (Im thinking of how "teaching" and recalling comes so seemingly easy for some folks), but we are to gather together, discuss, learn, WATCH, and we should really be patient with each other along the way. We've got a road ahead of us, and we need each other and we need Christ to get down it.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 am

:a3: GS! Keep looking up and focus on Yeshua. Our Redeemer lives and is coming back again some day. I am so excited to be living in this era. His timing is perfectly planned and He is never too late or too early. Keep watching! :clock:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Return to General Bible Study & Debate