suggestion

suggestion

Postby dshemjo on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:22 pm

Suggestion: Stop banning people because they confront false teachings and those who spread them. I have just witnessed where this was done, in love, with no "you're a dummy" or anything like that, and yet the person was banned for two weeks. I think what's happening here is that certain people have been exalted because of their articulate scholarship and now when anyone confronts this person and says they are spreading a false teaching, they are banned. Look at how Jesus confronted the disciples:

Mat 15:15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

Mat 15:16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.

Here's some other applicable verses:

1Ti 1:3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work–which is by faith.

1Ti 6:3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing....

I agree we shouldn't be bashing each other, but I don't think we should be worshiping each other either. I see a lot of that: "_____ is so wise and he's so loving, and he always posts in love, and he's so humble, we all need to be more like ______" Aren't we here to exalt Jesus Christ? Let's build each other up in love, but hold our worship for the Lord. And sometimes to build each other up, we have to speak the truth...it may seem a little harsh at times, just like the words of Christ and of the apostles, but that doesn't mean its not being done in love.
dshemjo

Postby jgilberAZ on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 pm

What happened yesterday (the banning) and today (the deletion of posts) reminds me of another board that frequently does the same if you disagree with them.

I pray this board isn't heading in the same direction.

As I said in the post that got deleted, I don't think the individual who was banned should have been banned. But, that's just my opinion, and the mods obviously disagree.
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby auxin on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:58 pm

:a3:
--Aux In

See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.
Hebrews 3:12
auxin

Postby OBXBob on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:18 pm

dshemjo,

I don't think the verses you posted apply to the discussion on rapture timing, that of a yet-to-be fulfilled prophecy.

I have debated in numerous rapture timing threads against pre-trib doctrine; however, there is not 100% Biblical evidence I can point to to say that this theory is not correct. I can state why I believe what I do, but those on the other side of the fence also state why they believe otherwise.

IMO, one should not call another person who believes in a different rapture timing than he or she believes in to be a false teacher. We're talking events that have not yet occurred, and believing the correnct rapture timing is not required for one's salvation.

With that said, no one on this board is going to be permitted to call another person on this board a false prophet if another person happens to disagree with their rapture timing.

YBIC,

Bob
Last edited by OBXBob on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OBXBob

Postby OBXBob on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Jeff wrote:

What happened yesterday (the banning) and today (the deletion of posts) reminds me of another board that frequently does the same if you disagree with them.

I pray this board isn't heading in the same direction.

As I said in the post that got deleted, I don't think the individual who was banned should have been banned. But, that's just my opinion, and the mods obviously disagree.

Please see above.

The only 'disagreement', if you want to call it that, is that this board will not allow any member of this board to be called a false teacher based on a disagreement of a rapture timing stance.

It's OK to disagree on a topic, and to debate that in the debate forums, using scriptures, as much as possible. But there will not be 'open season' on those individuals with whom we disagree on rapture timing.

I can assure you, Jeff, if someone were to call you a false teacher for your rapture timing views, that would not be tolerated, as well.

I hope you can see the distinction I'm making...it is a fine one, but it is a major one.

YBIC,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby dshemjo on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Njfish actually didn't call Mark a "false teacher" or a "false prophet." Mark brought up the fact that he was a teacher. I can see a banning if it was going to keep going on an on, but nj's last post made it clear that he was done. How do you know what nj said was not said in love--its purely subjective, IMO--and so I can't help but think it's for other reasons that he was banned.....maybe because he points out the unscriptural aspects of modern "church", or because he doesn't go along with the EU theories, etc.
dshemjo

Postby kburic0375 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:41 pm

The only 'disagreement', if you want to call it that, is that this board will not allow any member of this board to be called a false teacher based on a disagreement of a rapture timing stance

What about OSAS?? You're making it sound like it was said hatefully and just about rapture timing. Which it was not.

Njfish did not call mark a false prophet or false teacher.
Last edited by kburic0375 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2Cr 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
2Cr 4:17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
2Cr 4:18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
kburic0375

Postby kaylaburick on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:41 pm

:a3:
Titus 2:11-15

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self‑controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.
kaylaburick

Postby OBXBob on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:49 pm

dshemjo, and /or other individual(s) :wink:

Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

I'm not going to rehash what was said. I too was there.

Here's the bottom line...and please hear what I'm saying.

1) No one has been banned.
2) No one on this board has an inalienable right to call another person on this board a false teacher for disagreeing with their rapture timing.

As I see it, there is an extreme disagreement to item #2.

I'm locking this thread because I see the intent of this thread, and where it's desire is to go. And I'm not playing along, folk(s). :wink:

If you want to continue this, please feel free to PM me, as I stated. But be prepared with your response to item #2 above.

YBIC,

Bob
OBXBob

Return to Suggestions