BECOME A MEMBER: THE BIGGER WE GET THE STRONGER WE ARE

BECOME A MEMBER: THE BIGGER WE GET THE STRONGER WE ARE

Postby CoffeeCat on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:42 am

on the BB it says:

"BECOME A MEMBER: THE BIGGER WE GET THE STRONGER WE ARE"

Is this true?
Eccl 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
CoffeeCat

Postby Blessedayers on Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:49 pm

Mat 18:19
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Blessedayers

Postby mommyjen on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:36 pm

Blessedayers wrote:Mat 18:19
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Yes! I am pretty sure that is what Herb was implying.
mommyjen

Postby C-YA on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:01 pm

bigger in number does not make the board or herb's ministry any stronger. if the bigger referred to are those who walked in agreement (amos 3:3) with herb's ministry and vision, then yes it does mean stronger.

more "board" members do nothing more for the ministry than mere "members" do for any congregational church.

those who give and pray and help spread the "word" of the ministry, those are the ones making it stronger. those who come and change the focus of the ministry by bringing strife and division make the ministry weaker.

Proverbs 22:10
Cast out the scoffer, and contention will leave; Yes, strife and reproach will cease.
C-YA

Postby CoffeeCat on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:03 pm

Then why not just write the verse instead?

I don't think the "THE BIGGER WE GET THE STRONGER WE ARE" is true.

Strength comes from God, not size. David was pretty small - and him taking down Goliath (who was VERY big) was an act of God.

But far be it for me to say anything against Herb. I think it's kinda funny how you regulars always rush in to defend him even when you need to practically jump down the rabbit hole into wonderland to get "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." out of "THE BIGGER WE GET THE STRONGER WE ARE".

I'd hate to say it, but it sounds so...Purpose Driven.
Eccl 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
CoffeeCat

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:16 pm

I moved this to the suggestion area for fairly obvious reasons. If you have any ideas to share, feel free to do so.
AndCanItBe

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:01 pm

CoffeeCat wrote:But far be it for me to say anything against Herb. I think it's kinda funny how you regulars always rush in to defend him even when you need to practically jump down the rabbit hole into wonderland to get "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." out of "THE BIGGER WE GET THE STRONGER WE ARE".

CoffeeCat, "us regulars" know, love, and respect Herb for the work he does in reporting the news as it pertains to biblical prophecy. If his motives or character is somehow being questioned, we will try to clarify what we perceive his intent is simply because we know his spirit and how he cares for the members of the board.

But I know Herb will be happy to answer you himself if you care to post the question in the "Ask Herb" section. This would be the more appropriate and direct way to get an answer to your question - to ask the person himself.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby MarvelousMom on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:53 am

Ecclesiastes 4:12

And if a man prevail against him that is alone, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

As two are better than one, so three or more united together, it is the better still; they are able to make head against an enemy; and to conquer him.

If a family, community, city, or kingdom, are divided against themselves, they cannot stand; but, if united, in all probability nothing can hurt them.

:armor:
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby CoffeeCat on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:50 pm

CoffeeCat, "us regulars" know, love, and respect Herb for the work he does in reporting the news as it pertains to biblical prophecy. If his motives or character is somehow being questioned, we will try to clarify what we perceive his intent is simply because we know his spirit and how he cares for the members of the board.

Abiding in His Word,
I can tell you guys do love and respect Herb and I never asked about his motives in posting it -

I asked if it was true.

I didn't even know it was Herb's saying. For all I know a mod could have posted that.

And because some of you jumped in, disreguarded the question, and then invoked scripture in a rather twisted fashion, I did get the impression that some of you love Herb Peters more than you love God. It might or might not be true, but that's the impression I got. God takes the twisting of his Word very seriously and because I love Him, so do I. I know the Rabbit Hole/Wonderland line was uncalled for and I'm sorry for putting it that way...

But I can't be sorry for telling you what I see.

Blesseddayers,

If this were a Bullitin Board devoted to prayer, I might be able to see how you could get away with using that scripture, but whereas there are already more than 2 or 3 here gathered together, the theme is prophecy discussion and is open for unbelievers to join who are not in fact gathered together in His name.

So my question in my "hostile" post stands, "Why not just use the scripture?" Instead we fabricate this good sounding, impressive saying hoping to get some new members on board.

Ecclesiastes 4:12

And if a man prevail against him that is alone, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

As two are better than one, so three or more united together, it is the better still; they are able to make head against an enemy; and to conquer him.

If a family, community, city, or kingdom, are divided against themselves, they cannot stand; but, if united, in all probability nothing can hurt them.

This is very true, except Ecclesiastes 4:12 doesn't take into account the God factor. Actually, in all probablility, God can still crush them if the common enemy they are united against is God or His people.

The Pharisee's were united against a common enemy: Jesus Christ.
The Nazi's were united against a common enemy: The Jews
The Antichrist will have the world united against God.

The Tower of Babel was also united against God and God scattered them all over the place.

So the lesson is really simple:

"Member" of what? Because you join a message board does not mean you are united under God, in Jesus Christ. YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN

Bigger and Stronger against who? what? the Devil? You can't engage the enemy if you aren't in Christ - You're doomed for failure.

The message on this BB comes across as a bold faced lie and outright pompus. For those of you who thought my last post was hostile, I want you to know that it took a lot of God's grace to hold back what I just said from that one. I'm saying it now because I realize that many of you are way too proud of this online community to dare think my arguments are creadible. This makes me sad.

I'm not trying to attack Herb Peters - I'm trying to warn him and if anyone here really loved him, I think they'd be reminding him that we ALL will give an account for every idle word we speak when we stand before ALMIGHTY GOD who is forever blessed.

Herb - I didn't mean to make this mole hill into a mountain. We all say things that sound good and don't really think about what we're saying. I presented my arguments here as clearly as I could and my only suggestion is this: Please replace the text with something more appropriate and scriptural. Don't do it for my sake. Do it because you love God.
CoffeeCat

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:09 pm

Would it shock you to know CoffeeCat, that I don't particularly care for that line either? I don't know who came up with it, and I don't want to hurt their feelings. I actually think something like:

But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord.....Micah 7:7
Become a member and watch with us!

would be a little more appropriate. No offense to whoever came up with the line. I understand what you were trying to do. :grin:
AndCanItBe

Postby Herb on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:57 pm

A large number each day were coming to FP, but not willing to publically stand with FP. After I posted those words, FP's membership doubled. Evidently, many understood what I was saying: If in their hearts people are agreeing with FP, they should be willing to stand with FP. And I believe we are all stronger now because of it.

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Return to Suggestions