Homeschool?

Discussion not limited to prophecy.

Homeschool?

Postby bchandler on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Simple answer:

Take your kids out of the public school systems permanently!!

Find a local home schooling group... join it... teach a subject... help in the classes...

I would encourage you to keep your kids home on Tuesday, just because they believe they can dictate to you in that fashion.

Then I would write a simple note, stating that your child had an appointment and was unable to attend school that day. Doctors, dentists, whatever... religious holiday, aversion therapy (as in avoiding being exposed to all the godless **** that will be on display) You don't need to tell them that their aversion therapist is you... or explain what the aversion therapy is for...lol
and if they mark it unexcused... what r they gonna do? kidnap them? or place them in detention? I'd tell my kids... don't go... u will not report for any disciplinary action...
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Re: Mandated!

Postby Kathe on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:18 am

Everytime I read something like this I am so thankful we made the decision and sacrifice to home school. And yes it has been a big sacrifice. We gave up a $150K annual job so my husband could stay home and homeschool. It has put us in a financial position of which we were not used to but we have gotten used to over the last 2+ years. Absolute best decison we have ever made.

I would be so upset over this. Praying for you to make a good and godly decision. Our children are a huge responsibility. :blessyou:
Kathe

Postby mark s on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:58 am

I've Seen Angels wrote:My child brought home a note Friday: Stating that is mandated for all the schools in our school system to celebrate and watch the inauguration of Obama Tuesday...every student must watch. This mandate was passed by the school board....if they are absent it will be an unexcused absence...and nobody can take their child out of school before it is done.

Why does this absolutely scare me to death...the control of our school system over my child...what will be the next, Obama rule?????

In Christ's love
Gail

To watch the inauguration, I could construe that as an educational opportunity. To celebrate the inauguration, to me, that is political indoctrination, and imo, not acceptable.

With my wife having worked in public schools as a classroom aide for the past 12 years, and seeing the difference between those in my extended family who are in public schools compared to those who are home schooled, I am one of those who recommend home schooling if at all possible. Personally, I think that public schools are intended to indoctrinate, and not educate.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Kathe on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:34 am

Do you think that maybe this is a wake up call from God for you to pull your children out and start homeschooling them? It's only going to get worse. Just wondering????
Kathe

Postby soonverysoon on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am

bchandler wrote:Simple answer:

Take your kids out of the public school systems permanently!!

Find a local home schooling group... join it... teach a subject... help in the classes...

I would encourage you to keep your kids home on Tuesday, just because they believe they can dictate to you in that fashion.

Then I would write a simple note, stating that your child had an appointment and was unable to attend school that day. Doctors, dentists, whatever... religious holiday, aversion therapy (as in avoiding being exposed to all the godless **** that will be on display) You don't need to tell them that their aversion therapist is you... or explain what the aversion therapy is for...lol
and if they mark it unexcused... what r they gonna do? kidnap them? or place them in detention? I'd tell my kids... don't go... u will not report for any disciplinary action...

:a3:

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby I've Seen Angels on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:00 am

Kathe wrote:Do you think that maybe this is a wake up call from God for you to pull your children out and start homeschooling them? It's only going to get worse. Just wondering????

I have always been able to think forward...and I agree there are a lot of bad things in the public school system, a lot!

But, if we pull all the Christians out,then who would be an example,a witness to those who are lost...who come from families who do not have God in their lives....I have five children,all who believe in God,And I have always taught them never take the easy way out...life is hard,before Christ's return it will get worse,but I have faith as I had faith yesterday and the day the before etc...that God is in control...he will lead me...my children will continue to be witnesses for Him,even in the darkest of places,It is what we as Christians must do for our Heavenly Father....and we have to teach them while they are young that we may have to die for what we believe or be kicked out of school for what we believe...make a statement for Him!Life as a Christian is not the easiest life but it is the life we chose...and Jesus didn't have it good everyday...he had to suffer for his Father as we as Christians must suffer also.

It is what I believe....God blessed not only me today but all that believed in His name...that man made laws are not greater than Him! He is in CONTROL!!!!

Gail
Hu Adon, Hu Adon, Hu kam min amitim vey Hu Adon.

He is Lord, He is Lord. He has risen from the dead and He is Lord.
I've Seen Angels

Postby Kathe on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am

Gail I humbly disagree. Our children are not in this world to fight battles like this. We are definitely, but them? Does God really want our children in a system that has kicked Him out and teaches our children the opposite of what He stands for? We are to come out of the world and not be a part of it. As adults that is hard enough but for a child? Since when are they the soldiers on the front line?

Of course you are the parent and I appreciate your decision. Kathe
Kathe

Postby I've Seen Angels on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:55 am

Kathe wrote:Gail I humbly disagree. Our children are not in this world to fight battles like this. We are definitely, but them? Does God really want our children in a system that has kicked Him out and teaches our children the opposite of what He stands for? We are to come out of the world and not be a part of it. As adults that is hard enough but for a child? Since when are they the soldiers on the front line?

Of course you are the parent and I appreciate your decision. Kathe

I remember being a child in the first grade,never had attended church, and one child witnessed to me and I went home that day and told my parents I wanted to go to church...I wanted to know this man called God...Our family went and I accepted him as a child as someone I could trust for all eternity...God can use the least of these to change the world....I understand as a mother your concerns,it has not been an easy road...but I can tell you,our children,even the smallest can change a life,God can use them... I want my children to change a life, as He changed mine many years ago....God Bless

I've Seen Angels

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:27 am

My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY, there's nothing my God cannot do!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hallelujah to the Lord Almighty! He does hear and answer prayer.

Now, Gail, what is it that you are thinking about being set up for?

I am very concerned that the public schools have been used by Satan for many many years to brainwash the children of this nation. Some children come through stronger from the struggle. Others are swept away by the tide. My daughter was in public school for one year, and that year almost took her soul. That year, she got into the wrong friends, and was introduced to very evil music, black lipstick, etc. She became defiant and angry. I was able to take her out and she has turned around 100%. We have had to do major battle with the enemy, though, because of those demonic influences from public school.

I know that the two daughters of the minister of the church where I grew up, are lost because of the witchcraft they messed around with in public school. Those two girls influenced my older sisters, who also messed with it, against their better knowledge. They still struggle against demonic oppression after 40 years, because of it. Other girls were messed up, too, from those two girls.
-------------------------

We are entrusted with teaching the Words of God to our children as we walk by the way, as we lie down and as we rise up. God tells us that he chose Abraham because he knew how he would command his children after him. Are we doing as well as Abraham?

The public school system has changed a lot since you and I were there. Even though the students themselves are the only ones with freedom of religion and freedom of speech anymore, their rights are being trodden on daily, readying them to accept it when the government takes them away completely.

Furthermore, in school, immature children are put in the position of being under authority of sometimes the most godless and perverted people. Could you hold up in a job environment like that for 12 years, as an adult, without coming under severe spiritual attack?

Yes, this country needs missionaries. But we would go as missionaries into such demonic enemy territory as the public school system only after much prayer, and only if led specifically by the Holy Spirit, to specific persons. Why would we send our little children into such a spiritual environment for 7 hours a day, and think we can counteract it with a couple of hours in the morning and evening? IF we can squeeze it in...

---------------------------
Perhaps some day soon, we will lose our right to homeschool. At that time, the grace of God will be available to help us go thru the deep waters we must face. But until then, if we can be free, let us "use it rather!" (I Cor 7:21)

But, Hallelujah all over again about that snow... Isn't God good!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby ACfrom Turkey on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:56 pm

You wouldn't leave your child in the hands of a child molester... yet that is precisely what todays teachers are... They intend to corrupt your child's morals and teach them about illicit and perverted sexual practices... whether you consent or not... as early as kindergarten...

Well it's nice to know I am the same as a child molester.

Be careful how you view teachers who teach in the public school system. Yes, there are alot of bad ones, but there are also quite a few good ones who are believers and try to use their positions to influence kids in a godly way...though it is difficult.

To see the public school system as evil etc...can be argued, however that does not equate the individuals within the system as evil. This world is evil, but it doesn't mean every single human on earth is evil.

I will homeschool my kids, but I love my position as a teacher in the public school system as I have the opportunity to influence many young people for God.

Blessings
ACfrom Turkey

Postby bchandler on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:04 pm

If you remain in the public school system as a teacher and teach these abominations and participate in indoctrinating children into the evil they intend to do to our children... then yes... you would be just as guilty as any child molester... IMO.

Being a Christian... I am certain you would not participate in such things, or would resign before doing so...

So... while you are telling me to be careful how I characterize teachers, you please take my comments in context... the context of which had to do with teachers who are participating in these evil things, and indoctrinating kids into evil, and perversion, and twisting their little minds.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby mark s on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:09 pm

There are many exceptions to all of these things, and painting with a broad brush is neither fair nor accurate.

Let's dial this down a little, please!

:grin:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby bchandler on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Sorry Mark.. I seak from painful personal experience both in my school days and in the very near total destruction of my children in the public school system.

I can not think of anything I HATE more than these abusers of children that call themselves educators. Now I am not talking about hating people, or your average teacher... I am talking about the willful indoctrination of children, via approved school curriculum, into perverse, twisted, and evil ways of thinking.

I will call evil evil... and i will HATE what God HATES...

Mat 18:6 But whoever causes one of these little ones believing in Me to offend, it is better for him that a millstone turned by an *** be hung on his neck, and he be sunk in the depth of the sea.
Mat 18:7 Woe to the world from its offenses! It is a necessity for the offenses to come, yet woe to that man through whom the offense comes!

And if that makes me judgmental... so be it...
bchandler

Postby Kathe on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I think what is being talked about is the system and how it is going evil so fast. This is not about the teacher who is godly and does his/her best in a bad situation. Even those though are adults who are having trouble standing strong in many cases. We are going to be hard-pressed to stand against the evil that is coming and the first thing they are going after are our children in our public schools. We already have where you are not allowed in to see your own children whenever you want or pick them up whenever you want or keep them out of school whenever you want. They are taught subjects that you don't want them taught and more. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Where do we, as parents, draw the line. When is it so bad that we keep our children home? Remember, satan and evil are subtle. They do a little here and a little there and you slowly get used to it and then it doesn't seem so bad, and then it steps up another notch. Then another.

When you hand your children over to a public/government entity for 7+ hours 5 times per week who is really raising your children? We asked ourselves that question and didn't like the answer so we changed. We actually made the decision on a Sunday and our children starting homeschooling on Monday. We took to heart the above quoted scripture and realized that we were going to be held accountable for our decision to place our children in someone else's care and teaching.

We all have our own decisions to make. I just think at some point, not far in the future, the decisions are going to be taken out of our hands. Then it will be too late.
Kathe

Postby mark s on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:38 pm

bchandler wrote:Sorry Mark.. I seak from painful personal experience both in my school days and in the very near total destruction of my children in the public school system.

I can not think of anything I HATE more than these abusers of children that call themselves educators. Now I am not talking about hating people, or your average teacher... I am talking about the willful indoctrination of children, via approved school curriculum, into perverse, twisted, and evil ways of thinking.

I will call evil evil... and i will HATE what God HATES...

Mat 18:6 But whoever causes one of these little ones believing in Me to offend, it is better for him that a millstone turned by an *** be hung on his neck, and he be sunk in the depth of the sea.
Mat 18:7 Woe to the world from its offenses! It is a necessity for the offenses to come, yet woe to that man through whom the offense comes!

And if that makes me judgmental... so be it...

If you are simply saying this happens, I agree with you. I know that's true.

If you are saying it always happens everywhere I disagree with you. I know that's not true.

And if you are personally judging people whom you do not even know, then I question whether you are qualified to do so.

Love in Christ,
Mark
mark s

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm

I've Seen Angels wrote:
But, if we pull all the Christians out,then who would be an example,a witness to those who are lost...who come from families who do not have God in their live

Just because our children are born into Christian homes, does not mean that they are automatically born again. Yes, my 5 year old has prayed and asked Jesus into heart, but is she really a born again Christian? Has she really experienced the repentance that it takes to be saved? I have no idea. We cannot send children into a big world FULL of unbelievers and expect them to "be a light" to the whole school. Don't forget how impressionable kids are. If you send a child to public school, you can expect that they will become influenced by the spirit of the world, and all the evil out there that the world calls good.

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”
If this verse is true for adults, how much more true is it for our impressionable children?

We use the k12 online school. It is public school curriculum, but all the lessons are planned out online. They gave us a free brand new laptop to use as long as we are enrolled, and the total cost for the entire year was only $43. They also send out all of the supplies that we need for the year, the same thing that the kids would use in the class room. I am very impressed with this curriculum, they make everything so easy for the adult, and fun for the kids. http://www.k12.com
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
extravagantchristian

Re: Homeschool?

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 pm

The most influence of all in school, is the other children. My children had been raised in a Christian home, and had been homeschooled up to the year my husband left us. He demanded they be placed in public school. That year, they learned more on the bus than they did in class. Words that I didn't know existed. The dog-eat-dog world of peer pressure. Behavior that I am sure the bus driver had no idea was going on. Really immoral stuff. I prayed and wept, and God made a way for me, a single mom, to take my children out of public school. Now, they have gotten straightened out... but all that junk is still floating around in their brains. I wish so badly they had never learned about such wickedness.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Cheryl on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:10 pm

I've Seen Angels wrote:
But, if we pull all the Christians out,then who would be an example,a witness to those who are lost...who come from families who do not have God in their lives....

I hate to have this be my first post here but I felt this needed a response. The question is more likely, "Who will witness what and to whom?" Here are some statistics to consider:

Will your children believe in Jesus when they graduate from high school?

Homeschooled: 94%
Public Schooled: 15%

94% of homeschoolers keep the faith and 93% continue to attend church after the high school years. But a shocking 75% to 85% of Christian children sent to public school drop out of church, and do not hold a Christian worldview after high school graduation.

You have 5 children. Are you willing to take the chance that 4 of them will leave the faith in hopes that one other child may hear about Jesus through one of them and it will stick? I think a neighborhood Bible study would be a better way to reach them.

Christian kids can and do walk away when society and peers are their constant disciples. It happened to me and I thank God for bringing me back - much later. My siblings are not walking with God. Now, my parents were marginal Christians, but I felt free to abandon most of their teachings, religious or not, because they were not the ones discipling me, the system, culture, and peers did.

Zan Tyler, Author of 7 Tools for Cultivating Your Child's Potential, reported that new research reveals 92% of children from Christian homes will reject Jesus:

Zan writes, "I spoke this winter at Sally Clarkson's WholeHearted Mother Conference in Dallas on "Seven Tools for Cultivating Your Child's Potential." As I discussed tool number four (Developing a Christian Worldview), I gave some of these same startling statistics. One mother sought me out after the workshop and informed me that her husband works for Josh McDowell Ministry. She said the statistic they are now using for evangelical children (actually teens and young adults) abandoning the faith is 92 percent. 92 percent! That is catastrophic."

Did you know the latest study by Dr. Brian Ray discovered 94% of children educated at home will keep their faith in Jesus?

Dr. Robert Simonds of the Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) has spent over 35 years teaching in Public schools. He has more experience than just about anyone. Dr. Simonds contacted parents of church children who went K-12* in public schools (in 1990) and found that 85% of all those children left their church and faith by 12th grade.

The Southern Baptist Council on Family Life reported to the 2002 Annual Meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention that 88 percent of the children raised in evangelical homes leave church at the age of 18, never to return;

Yes, God is in control. He shows us His perfect way through His word. Our children need to be discipled before they can disciple. Even if you have a good Christian teacher - that's ONE teacher against how many they will be under the authority of? Not to mention the culture and peers, which is where much of the toxicity lies.

"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."
- Deuteronomy 6:6-7

"All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children."
- Isaiah 54:13

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."
- Proverbs 22:6

Jesus said: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher."
- Luke 6:39, 40

"Learn not the way of the heathen."
- Jeremiah 10:2

"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm."
- Proverbs 13:20

More details found here: http://www.consideringhomeschooling.org ... hools.html

God bless you and please consider this wisely. Yes, God's in control and we are not to have a spirit of fear, but we are to challenge our ideas of what training up children should look like against scripture. The Bible does not list schools for children so we need to do our best to see what the Bible does say about rearing children instead. It doesn't seem to fit into the ideas that they should be witnessing to the pagan government indoctrination centers while under the authority of non-believers.
Cheryl

Postby smackbucket on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 am

Oops, I should read the WHOLE comment before I post. I reacted to the first paragraph without reading the rest. :grin:
Last edited by smackbucket on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
smackbucket

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:41 am

:wavewelcome: to the board, Cheryl!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby I've Seen Angels on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 am

Cheryl wrote:
I've Seen Angels wrote:
But, if we pull all the Christians out,then who would be an example,a witness to those who are lost...who come from families who do not have God in their lives....

I hate to have this be my first post here but I felt this needed a response. The question is more likely, "Who will witness what and to whom?" Here are some statistics to consider:

Will your children believe in Jesus when they graduate from high school?

Homeschooled: 94%
Public Schooled: 15%

94% of homeschoolers keep the faith and 93% continue to attend church after the high school years. But a shocking 75% to 85% of Christian children sent to public school drop out of church, and do not hold a Christian worldview after high school graduation.

You have 5 children. Are you willing to take the chance that 4 of them will leave the faith in hopes that one other child may hear about Jesus through one of them and it will stick? I think a neighborhood Bible study would be a better way to reach them.

Christian kids can and do walk away when society and peers are their constant disciples. It happened to me and I thank God for bringing me back - much later. My siblings are not walking with God. Now, my parents were marginal Christians, but I felt free to abandon most of their teachings, religious or not, because they were not the ones discipling me, the system, culture, and peers did.

Zan Tyler, Author of 7 Tools for Cultivating Your Child's Potential, reported that new research reveals 92% of children from Christian homes will reject Jesus:

Zan writes, "I spoke this winter at Sally Clarkson's WholeHearted Mother Conference in Dallas on "Seven Tools for Cultivating Your Child's Potential." As I discussed tool number four (Developing a Christian Worldview), I gave some of these same startling statistics. One mother sought me out after the workshop and informed me that her husband works for Josh McDowell Ministry. She said the statistic they are now using for evangelical children (actually teens and young adults) abandoning the faith is 92 percent. 92 percent! That is catastrophic."

Did you know the latest study by Dr. Brian Ray discovered 94% of children educated at home will keep their faith in Jesus?

Dr. Robert Simonds of the Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) has spent over 35 years teaching in Public schools. He has more experience than just about anyone. Dr. Simonds contacted parents of church children who went K-12* in public schools (in 1990) and found that 85% of all those children left their church and faith by 12th grade.

The Southern Baptist Council on Family Life reported to the 2002 Annual Meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention that 88 percent of the children raised in evangelical homes leave church at the age of 18, never to return;

Yes, God is in control. He shows us His perfect way through His word. Our children need to be discipled before they can disciple. Even if you have a good Christian teacher - that's ONE teacher against how many they will be under the authority of? Not to mention the culture and peers, which is where much of the toxicity lies.

"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."
- Deuteronomy 6:6-7

"All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children."
- Isaiah 54:13

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."
- Proverbs 22:6

Jesus said: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher."
- Luke 6:39, 40

"Learn not the way of the heathen."
- Jeremiah 10:2

"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm."
- Proverbs 13:20

More details found here: http://www.consideringhomeschooling.org ... hools.html

God bless you and please consider this wisely. Yes, God's in control and we are not to have a spirit of fear, but we are to challenge our ideas of what training up children should look like against scripture. The Bible does not list schools for children so we need to do our best to see what the Bible does say about rearing children instead. It doesn't seem to fit into the ideas that they should be witnessing to the pagan government indoctrination centers while under the authority of non-believers.

Welcome to the board Cheryl!

No...I have made up my mind...two in college,both still have their faith, two in High School,still have their faith intact...and my seven year old actually has a very strong faith...see I don't leave it up to the teachers to teach my children what is right and what is wrong...a lot of parents do...even homeschool parents...we all have our beliefs,I am preparing my child to be part of this world,not an outsider though my sister in law did and guess what? As much as she talked it up...her children are no different than any other teen ager....they have choices...we all have choices and I made mine...and I have faith that God will keep them strong and that He will always be a part of their life...see one thing I really do know for sure is that when they are out in the real word..they had better have some real world experiences,be able to make tough decisions and not have been sheltered from all the bad...homeschool is rather like isolation from society...my neighbor keeps her four children home ans homeschools them...they never come out of the house...they don't have real friends because she has the same fears as you.....I'd rather my children live in the real world and make mistakes so that they can learn,.every situation is different....I wish you well.

Gail

I've Seen Angels

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:51 am

My daughter is sheltered from this dumpster of a world that we live in, but she is very social, that's just her personality. She is home schooled, but we go church twice a week, and interact with friends, family, and neighbor kids. She's not a recluse, and when we go out to the library or whatever it may be, she usually finds another kid and starts up a conversation. It is possible to be home schooled, and be perfectly social at the same time. I think it just depends on how the child is made. Some people are born as introverts, and some are born as extroverts. No amount of public school is going to change an introvert into an extrovert.

Daffodyllady, that's neat to hear how God made a way for you to stay home with your kids, since you're single. He did that for me too! God is so good.
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
extravagantchristian

Postby smackbucket on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:51 am

I've Seen Angels wrote:Welcome to the board Cheryl!

No...I have made up my mind...two in college,both still have their faith, two in High School,still have their faith intact...and my seven year old actually has a very strong faith...see I don't leave it up to the teachers to teach my children what is right and what is wrong...a lot of parents do...even homeschool parents...we all have our beliefs,I am preparing my child to be part of this world,not an outsider though my sister in law did and guess what? As much as she talked it up...her children are no different than any other teen ager....they have choices...we all have choices and I made mine...and I have faith that God will keep them strong and that He will always be a part of their life...see one thing I really do know for sure is that when they are out in the real word..they had better have some real world experiences,be able to make tough decisions and not have been sheltered from all the bad...homeschool is rather like isolation from society...my neighbor keeps her four children home ans homeschools them...they never come out of the house...they don't have real friends because she has the same fears as you.....I'd rather my children live in the real world and make mistakes so that they can learn,.every situation is different....I wish you well.

Gail

Yes! It's possible that God has led us to go the public school route. It's possible for God to protect our children. It's possible to not live in fear. And it's even possible for God to lead a family into public school AND for that child to rebel! AND it's possible for home school children to be sheltered from the "world" and to end up in rebellion. The one sided answers that claim home schooling is the only godly way are not well thought out or as Godly as some would like to believe.

Daniel couldn't have been in a more brain washing environment (way more than public school), yet God protected him and I think he turned out pretty well. AND God put him there! Hmmm.
smackbucket

Postby Kathe on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:14 am

Daniel wasn't a child when he went to Babylon. He was an adult.
Kathe

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:56 am

Smashbucket, I agree with you that all of those things are possible. Some people don't have the option to home school because they have to work full time, and God is still able to work all these things together for our good. But my reasons for home schooling my daughter are well thought out, I've been thinking about it since I was pregnant with her. I'll tell you what is not very well thought out, is the argument that a child must go to school 40 hours a week to learn how to socialize. I know that you didn't say that, but that's what most of the world thinks, I hear it all the time. The truth is that children learn socialization skills at home before they ever reach kindergarten age.
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
extravagantchristian

Postby mark s on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 am

Kathe wrote:Daniel wasn't a child when he went to Babylon. He was an adult.

In Daniel 1:4, the instruction was to collect "children" to bring back to Babylon. Scholars place his age generally between 12 and 18. Some say even younger. The norm was to go for the younger ones, since these were easier to educate according to the captor's society.

Love in Christ,
Mark
mark s

Postby Cheryl on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:06 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

There are some assumptions I'd like to clear. First is that homeschooling is looked at as more "godly". Perhaps by some but please be careful about generally accusing other Christians of this, as though they are Pharisees, just because they have strong beliefs in something. That's not particularly the loving thing to do either. :wink:

Second, the idea that homeschoolers are isolated. Yes, some are isolated but I promise I can make a case for school being the isolation. When you look at an elementary school, everything there is contrived. The schedule, the filtering of what cute little dancing numbers and words go on the wall, what news gets through, etc. They are not hanging out in the real world, they are in one constructed very carefully over the last 80 years to achieve a product for the state. Sometimes it is the state's purpose for homeschooling some of us are the most angry about, not the idea that we're being more godly or simply to up our odds that our kids will be saved, like there was a magic formula. If I gave that impression, I apologize.

I'll admit up front I'm a bit of a libertarian and the public school control gives me hives like nothing else, but this isn't a political board so I'll give that one up. On topic more regarding faith, if anyone can provide scripture to support public school in regards to children, I'll listen. In my views of scripture, it does not line up, and as much as I realize there are children walking in the faith who went through public school, pointing to individuals is anecdotal and I wanted to put some numbers on it is all. I did not survive my college years with my faith, and I know many who did but are really no more than the majority of the church goers you see today, asleep or lukewarm. Most of those through the homeschool I know are on fire. I caution on this because it matters so much, not because I'm more godly or naive to the possibilities of successes through the schools.

Honestly, God Bless, and I have no personal issues when an individual must use, or out of prayer and purpose, chooses to use the public schools. I may disagree, but when a parent goes in with eyes wide open, they also know what to watch out for. I have not been here long enough to know the ages and assumptions of the other members. Most people mindlessly put their kids in the schools because it's just what you do and I perhaps made an assumption that this was the case here. If so, :oops: .
Cheryl

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:22 am

My parents didn't believe in the public school system so they sacrificed much to send their 9 children to private, parochial schools. I can assure you that even that did not protect us from the evils of the world. :(

Any time we venture out from our homes (and sometimes the evil exists there unfortunately) we are subject to it's evils. No matter what age or under what circumstances we venture out, we will come in contact with the world and it's ways. The only answer is strengthening our families in the Word. Remember how vexed Lot was living in his surroundings.....
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:39 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:Any time we venture out from our homes (and sometimes the evil exists there unfortunately) we are subject to it's evils. No matter what age or under what circumstances we venture out, we will come in contact with the world and it's ways. The only answer is strengthening our families in the Word. Remember how vexed Lot was living in his surroundings.....

When I venture out of the house with my kids, I don't feel like I'm subject to the world's evils. I have control over where we go and who we keep company with. If I send my kids to school, private or public, then I lose that control and they are in the hands of people who don't care what they are exposed to. I feel like if I take that attitude, (that sooner or later they will be exposed to evil, so why bother to home school?) then I would be giving up in a way and I probably wouldn't monitor what they are exposed to as closely as I do now. They way I look at it, is I have complete control over what evils they are exposed to until they are 18 years old, as long as we live in a free country. There is no law that says I have to let my kids play at a friend's home, that I do not trust. I can control what they watch on TV, listen to on the radio, and who they talk to, the same way I do for myself. Thank God. If I have my way, they will never hear a cuss word before the age of 18 :grin:
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
extravagantchristian

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 am

extravagantchristian wrote:I feel like if I take that attitude, (that sooner or later they will be exposed to evil, so why try so hard to protect them?) then I would be give up in a way and I probably wouldn't monitor what they are exposed to as closely as I do now.

Of course we monitor them as closely as we can, extrevagantchristian. But this is a sheer impossibility at some age. That's the point I was making. I, too, monitored my children as dilligently as possible as do all believers. But to say there are no limits or end to our protection is unrealistic imho.

They way I look at it, is I have complete control over what evils they are exposed to until they are 18 years old, as long as we live in a free country. There is no law that says I have to let my kids play at a friend's home, that I do not trust. I can control what they watch on TV, listen to on the radio, and who they talk to, the same way I do for myself. Thank God. If I have my way, they will never hear a cuss word before the age of 18 :grin:

Remember I did say...."The only answer is strengthening our families in the Word."
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 am

I just wanted to add that an important job of being parents is to protect; that's a given. But another part is to prepare them for the difficult things they will encounter throughout their lives. I see preparation involving guidance in strengthening their perspectives of right and wrong, good and bad, and foundational values. When they face difficult choices or encounter sin, they will hear their parents' and scriptural admonition:

Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:03 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:I just wanted to add that an important job of being parents is to protect; that's a given. But another part is to prepare them for the difficult things they will encounter throughout their lives. I see preparation involving guidance in strengthening their perspectives of right and wrong, good and bad, and foundational values. When they face difficult choices or encounter sin, they will hear their parents' and scriptural admonition:

Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

I think kids face enough difficult situations in life without having to go to school, I know mine have. Home schooled children can get enough
preparation involving guidance in strengthening their perspectives of right and wrong, good and bad, and foundational values.
To equip them for life as an adult. They don't need to hear all the profanities and sexual language first hand, in order to know that that type of thing is wrong.

:itsgood:
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:11 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:
Of course we monitor them as closely as we can, extrevagantchristian. But this is a sheer impossibility at some age. That's the point I was making. I, too, monitored my children as dilligently as possible as do all believers. But to say there are no limits or end to our protection is unrealistic imho.

Like I said, until the age of 18. Unless God allows some situation where we must be exposed to evil without having the option to leave.
extravagantchristian

Postby javierruizleon on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:55 am

Our Homeschool motto:

"And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children."

Isaiah 54:13
javierruizleon

Postby I've Seen Angels on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:46 pm

To each their own...I don't think God will punish me for allowing my children to be public school over all the years...I have made changes and I have made a difference so many times...so I hear all the points but if God wanted me personally to send my children to a private school or home school it would have happened...I think it worked out well....I will fight mandates and political indoctrination, I do believe in separation of school and politics...Will God punish me for not following the home school/private route...I don't think so, as long as I raise my children in the way of the Lord. Which I do...so don't judge me, only the Father is allowed to do that...God be with you in raising your children,I hope they turn out as good as mine!

I've Seen Angels

Postby Kathe on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:23 pm

I just read the post about the book Twilight. This is a perfect example of how easily something satanic can get a hold of our children. A child of 11 is sitting there during reading time with nothing to read. Innocently another child hands her an extra book she is reading about vampires. The little girl is enthralled in the book, it has captured her imagination. The parent is not there to look through the book to see if it is appropriate or not and by the time the parent finds out about it, the daughter is well into the book.

This is one reason we decided to homeschool. We have much more control over what our children see, hear, read, etc.
Kathe

Postby I've Seen Angels on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Kathe wrote:I just read the post about the book Twilight. This is a perfect example of how easily something satanic can get a hold of our children. A child of 11 is sitting there during reading time with nothing to read. Innocently another child hands her an extra book she is reading about vampires. The little girl is enthralled in the book, it has captured her imagination. The parent is not there to look through the book to see if it is appropriate or not and by the time the parent finds out about it, the daughter is well into the book.

This is one reason we decided to homeschool. We have much more control over what our children see, hear, read, etc.

Wow :eek: ...homeschool could also be a from of mind control...you will only read, see and watch what I allow you to experience...I don't care to control my children to that length and scale..Life is not about control but about living...In my opinion (respectfully)

I've Seen Angels

Postby Kathe on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:21 pm

If anyone is going to control my child's mind it will be me, not a secular government school, teacher, peer, etc. That is my job, the bible tells me so. I have no problem controlling what my children see, hear and read.

BTW - I am a mom of 6. They range from 27 down to 8. We put 4 of them, the older ones, through PS. They all walked away from God for a time. One is still far, far away and it was completely due to influences of school. I don't know if she will ever come back to God. And she is the main reason we homeschool our two youngest. After seeing what it did to her we will not lay any more children on the alter of the world and hope they make it through.

Thanks to God the other three came back to Him. I won't take the chance again with the last two. I'm heartbroken daily for the one that is lost right now.
Kathe

Postby mark s on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:23 pm

:praying:
mark s

Postby ACfrom Turkey on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:47 pm

bcchandler,

I was responding to your statement that "...that is what todays teachers are."

That is like saying todays lawyers are child molesters beacuse I know a lawyer who was...
Todays pastors are child molesters because I know a pastor who was, etc...

Many if not most teachers are not even close to what you describe them. Of course some areas are worse that others and of course there are some extremely bad teachers. However, my opinion is that most of the bad influence comes from fellow kids, not teachers. Of course there are some teachers who teach evolution and make all religions equal (especially in Social Studies classes), but much of what is taught is not how it is portrayed by many. I'm a math teacher so it is pretty easy for me to stay away from evil teachings such as evolution.

Again, I will homeschool my kids... But, it gets tiring to hear people slinging mud broadly. Teachers within the secondary public school system do not write the books or the curriculum. Just because something is in a book or the curriculum does not mean the teacher teaches it. My public high school teacher refused to teach us evolution.

My whole point is every line of job has evil people who do evil things...to blindly label everyone in a line of work as equal is ridiculous. Why is it this is only done with people such as teachers.

Of course a christian should educate their children at home (christian school is not better than public--I went to both), but christians are in the minority in the public school system. Believe me there are many many kids who come from evil homes to school where they have contact with godly teachers.

Proabably 1/10 of a percent of things spoken in a classroom that would negatively influence your child comes from a teacher...99.9% comes from fellow students.

Blessings
ACfrom Turkey

Postby bchandler on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:27 am

As I stated before... please don't take my statement out of context! It was not aimed at all teachers... it was aimed at todays teachers who ARE teaching the perverse agenda of the humanists.

The context of my statement was aimed precisely at the purveyors of curriculum designed to indoctrinate your children into thinking things like:

1. Sex before marriage is ok. (everyone does it)
    2. Different sexual lifestyles are just a matter of personal choice... there's nothing wrong with it... God made them that way.
    3. Religious fundamentalists are all bad... They are what is wrong with the world today.
    4. Islam is a religion of peace.
    5. All religions have value and/or are equal.
    6. Evolution.
    7. The United States of America was founded as a democracy.
    8. The evil white European stole this land from the enlightened Indians.
    9. Social studies comparing religions like islam, wicca, hinduism, buddhism, Christianity, etc... and their impacts on world history... always somehow manging making Christianity out to be the bane of civilization.
    10. The systematic deconstruction of ethics, and indoctrination into moral relativism.

I could go on for some time....

At many levels teachers are involved in these processes without understanding. However, Many do understand and agree.

You being a single subject teacher have an ability to avoid this conflict to a great extent... but... the teachers who are single class all subject teachers do not... they have to make the choice to comply with curriculum or leave the profession. Of course... the ones who leave the profession or go private are the ones you probably wanted to have teaching your kids.

In my home state, I grew up with teachers that systematically attacked faith, and deconstructed morals. My daughter was indoctrinated into sexual perversion by a teacher. My wife was indoctrinated into the more perverse aspects of the womens liberation movement by her teachers.

Our public education system is a corrupt and perverted system, and the people who run that system are inside of it, and IMO they are the equivalent of murderers and child molesters.

Every child that has their faith destroyed and is lost as a result is a soul they helped murder for all eternity. Every child who's morals are perverted so that they enter into perverse lifestyles, is a child who was sexually molested in their minds, before those things worked themselves out into their lives.

I'm sorry if truth sounds harsh or judgmental, but I won't back down from it.

The issue is not controlling your children... it is preventing them from being exposed to ways of thinking and behaving until they have the intellectual capacity to defend themselves from this onslaught against their souls.

It is about US being the primary TEACHERS of our own children... so that we have the majority influence in their lives... so that the social engineers who are systematically deconstructing the backbone of our society... the nuclear family... and their influences, are minimized.

I am sorry if I offend anyone... but sometimes the truth must offend... and IMO leaving your children in the public school system is equivalent to throwing them into a pit full devils for 8 hours a day, and you expecting to be able to counteract that influence in the 4 hours or so you have with them in the evenings. Of course by the time dinner is made, dishes are done, homework is finished and everyone settles down... your lucky to have an hour left to counteract all the detrimental influences your kids get exposed to every day they are in public schools. Of course that assumes your kids actually tell you about all the garbage they get exposed to.

To your other assertion... that primary influences are peer pressure... I have to disagree... children emulate what they see... and the children entering todays public schools are the products of second to 3rd generation social engineering that was done to their parents and grandparents.

The socialists/humanists know that the heat must be turned up ever so slowly. John Lenin said it quite well... that the trick to overthrowing the US was to do it so subtly and slowly that no one noticed (paraphrasing).

My heart, my soul, my spirit, has been echoing for months if not years... I feel the Spirit crying out... Come out of her my people, that you be not partakers of her judgments.

We are called to be in the world... but separate from it. We must begin to construct our own separate communities, that teach light and truth and honor and holiness to each other and to our children. Only then can we be the kind of examples the world needs. Only when they see our quiet, humble successful lives will the world be attracted to what we have...

If we just blend in with the world... how are we any different??? How do we deserve any less to be judged for what we do, and what we expose our heavenly gifts of children to???
bchandler

Postby Swayde on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 am

Excellent post Bchandler! I couldn't agree more or have stated things any better.

I am so very, very thankful to the Lord that He has made a way for me to be able to home school my child. That He provides enough income to make it possible and that He has given me a husband who is supportive of home schooling / Christian education, despite being an "agnostic". Fortunately the Lord did open my husband's eyes to see that public school was outright destroying my child and in return tearing our family apart. It was my husband's idea to home school based on seeing the results of family and friends who were home schooled compared to the public school kids and what were going through with our son. I firmly believe it was the Lord's Will and that it was His Hand in our lives that set us on this path.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby mark s on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 am

bchandler wrote:Our public education system is a corrupt and perverted system,

While I agree with this, even still, not everyone in that system is corrupt and perverted, and to say that they are is inaccurate. To call everyone who teaches in public schools the equivalent of a murderer and child molester is flat out wrong.
IMO, if you leave your children in that kind of an environment, exposed to those kinds of influences, then you don't deserve to have them.

Not every public school situation has that environment. Children in my wife's class are single class kids, taught by a Christian teacher, with Christian assistants, and are being exposed the Gospel, which they are not receiving at home. They are in that same class the whole day. This is a public school. My wife is a part of that school.

Bchandler, is my wife the equivalent of a murderer, and a child molester? Of course not! She is an evangelist of the Gospel.

These kids receive the gospel, and some have come to Christ, because they were sent to public school.

While your points are valid in certain cases (I know other classrooms where what you say is exactly true), it cannot be said across the board, with across the board condemnation.

I am sorry if I offend anyone... but sometimes the truth must offend... and IMO leaving your children in the public school system is equivalent to throwing them into a pit full devils for 8 hours a day,

This isn't the truth in every case. In my wife's classroom, its like throwing your children into the arms of angels, and I take strong exception to your presenting it as otherwise. For these children, attending a public school is providing their only exposure to the Gospel.

Love in Christ,
Mark
mark s

Postby bchandler on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:07 am

Just out of curiosity Mark... what state do you live in?

I know if teachers did that in the 3 states I have lived in, they would be fired, and probably prosecuted.

Maybe we all need to move to your home state...

Again Mark... being so big on context within scripture... I would not have expected you to take my comments so far out of context... I am speaking specifically to the kinds of environments I discussed, and leaving your children in those kinds of environments..

You having a vested interest in public school systems via your wife's career, may make you more prone to be defensive... but it doesn't change the truth.

I know there are Godly teachers out there fighting as best they can to stem the tide of evil... These are adults... capable of doing so... Not children, that in many cases are simply unable to defend themselves from their teachers, their peers or the curriculum.

Your wife being able to lead lost children to the Lord is wonderful, admirable, and commendable... but that doesn't mean that the public school system is a good place for Christian children... nor does it absolve parents from their protective responsibilities toward them, or their accountability before God for what we deliberately expose our children to... directly (in our own lives) or indirectly (via the public schools)... Ultimately, we parents are responsible for the influences we allow in our children's lives... not the ones that intrude uninvited... but what we allow by willful choice or negligent choice.
bchandler

Postby mark s on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:38 am

bchandler wrote:Just out of curiosity Mark... what state do you live in?

I know if teachers did that in the 3 states I have lived in, they would be fired, and probably prosecuted.

My wife has been fired for it before. It doesn't stop her! I'm so proud of her! The head of the district is against her. But God is bigger that that. She's been persecuted. It doesn't matter.

Again Mark... being so big on context within scripture... I would not have expected you to take my comments so far out of context... I am speaking specifically to the kinds of environments I discussed, and leaving your children in those kinds of environments..

You painted with a broad brush, including everyone, and thats not accurate, or fair. You said that anyone - anyone - who sends a child to a public school doesn't deserve them. This is what you said. A blanket judgment against everyone with a child in public school. And that's not right.

You having a vested interest in public school systems via your wife's career, may make you more prone to be defensive... but it doesn't change the truth.

Vested interest in public school systems? I don't think so! We know of a local teacher who is supposed to teach math and science, and instead spends virtually the entire time railing against Christianity. We pray for him, to repent, or be removed, and my wife warns children about him, and has taken other action as well.

Both sides are present, and that's why . . .

Its not fair, accurate, or edifying to judge people and situations which you are not personally acquainted with, and which could be better, or could be worse, depending upon the teachers, and students, and local administrations.

Love in Christ,
Mark
mark s

Postby bchandler on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Mark... looking at the context of my comment again... I specified the kind of environment AND the kinds of things that are being force fed to children in certain public schools... I did NOT make a blanket, all inclusive statement... I made a statement targeted at the specific kinds of public schools that are destroying children today.

Please Mark... go back and look at the specific context... it IS there!
bchandler

Postby I've Seen Angels on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:54 pm

bchandler wrote:
Your wife being able to lead lost children to the Lord is wonderful, admirable, and commendable... but that doesn't mean that the public school system is a good place for Christian children... nor does it absolve parents from their protective responsibilities toward them, or their accountability before God for what we deliberately expose our children to... directly (in our own lives) or indirectly (via the public schools)... Ultimately, we parents are responsible for the influences we allow in our children's lives... not the ones that intrude uninvited... but what we allow by willful choice or negligent choice.

Clarification needed: So people who can't afford private or Christian schools will be punished by God for allowing them to go to public school.My Bible does not say that....anywhere.And I think this is an unfair statement to Mark or any of us who have chosen to send our children to a public school. And we have had Christian schools with sexual predators,drug addicts and drug traffikers here in our state....there is no real safe environment for our children and that is where we step in and do what the Bible teaches us....take them to church and tell them there is consequences for their behavior. Love them and pray for them everyday. That is the best some of who aren't as fortunate as some of you can do which is in accordance with God's will....We can't add our own beliefs to the Bible...I think God has a scripture in there just for those who want to judge others on their own merit and not His.

Gail

I've Seen Angels

Postby bchandler on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Gail,

We are required to judge the members of the body. That whole judge not scripture is so often quoted, and quoted out of context it makes me sick.

To your more immediate assertion... that God will punish those who cause children to offend...

To your assertion that some people are more fortunate and can AFFORD to send their kids to private schools or home school them...

I don't think it is really a question of economic status. I think it is more a question of what we place our priorities on... Our temporal lifestyle, or our eternal lives and those of our children.

Yes, I understand that all parents want to provide the best for their kids... but the best what? at what expense?

Maybe instead of both parents working outside the home to provide the temporary perks and benefits of this world, the choice to live a simpler, humbler, debt free lifestyle and have one parent stay home and home school would actually be providing the best for them in the long term.

I really think that too often people are following, chasing, or providing short term benefits to their children, and when they and their kids get older, they look back and wish they had provided less of the flash, and cash... and more long term and eternal substance.

Gail, I hardly think it is judgmental to tell the truth... that no parent should leave a Christian child exposed to a system that destroys the faith of 80-90+ percent of them. I don't care how much your system is not like all the others... if it only destroyed the faith of 50% would it be worth it? How 'bout 25%? Where do you draw that line?

Do I think God will hold parents accountable for the choices they made regarding their children? You bet. Do I think God might be upset when we chose the flash and cash to provide temporal benefits while ignoring their need for a healthy educational environment that doesn't pose a threat to their eternal souls? You bet.

Again, I speak from personal experience... I tried for years to get my wife to work with me to get my kids out of the public schools... I made enough at the time that she was a stay at home mom... and she could have done it... I begged her... I pleaded... she wouldn't do it... I asked her to try and hook up with a group and see if she could TA and have our kids in a home school... She worked as a TA at the time, not that she needed to... and she still wouldn't do it.

My daughter was nearly destroyed and even today I wonder if she is really clear of the sin she was driven into by teachers and peers.

My son is still struggling with all the evil ideologies he was taught, and thank God we are weeding them out little by little and he is moving ever further away from the humanist views.

I have been lucky, others weren't so lucky. My kids were part of the 10% or so that keep their faith... there were about 9 other families in my shoes who's children are lost for all eternity... because they were destroyed in the public school system.

On the flip side... i think someone else published statistics showing that the majority of home schooled children retain their faith and are better equipped to defend it when they enter college/university.

If the statistics don't tell you everything you need to know about how unsafe the public school system is for the eternal souls of Christian children, I don't know what could convince you.

But my suggestion to anyone who has school age kids would be this... Start fasting and praying... pray hard... and long... and ask God to show you how you can restructure your lifestyle in such a way that your children do not have to be placed in the spiritually deadly environment of the public schools.

I applaud people like Mark's wife who have the courage to do missionary work in these schools... and I am in 100% agreement with their efforts... that doesn't mean that I think the school she works at is a safe environment.

In fact Mark admitted as much when he exposed the fact that there are other teachers in this school that are supposed to be teaching 1 subject, but spend most of their time attacking people of faith. Mark readily admitted that it is an ideological battlefield!!!

So, tell me... you wouldn't send your children into a literal war zone... so why would you send them into a spiritual war zone??? They don't need to be waging spiritual warfare, they need to be in basic training for it... and their everyday lives will provide ample challenges in these areas without sending them out to be spiritual mine sweepers knowing all the while you have a 90% chance of losing them.

How great would the public outrage be if we had a 90% casualty rate in Afghanistan or Iraq? Yet we are dealing not with temporal life but eternal life, and in our public schools there is an approximately 90% casualty rate for souls!!! Shouldn't we be far more concerned about that???
bchandler

Postby I've Seen Angels on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Honestly I'm feeling a little baited here so let's just agree to disagree and I will no longer reply. Thank you.

I've Seen Angels

Postby Kathe on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:52 am

My husband and I were watching Glen Beck last night. They showed a clip of a teacher of kindergarteners before the election and how the teacher was trying to indoctrinate them for Obama. The guest on Glen Beck said, that is child abuse.

The night before we watched a clip on TV of a room of first graders being taught Yoga as part of their curriculum. I turned to my husband and said, satan is alive and well in our schools.

We are specifically told in the bible that we are responsible for teaching and training our children. Until a boy was 12 and maybe sent to the temple, there was no formal education in the bible. It is not a requirement for Christian children to attend a government school.

It is a hardship on us to homeschool. I cannot begin to tell you the things we have given up. We never eat out anymore. Never go to the movies. We don't go on vacations. We don't eat steak. We are very frugal with our money. Very frugal. My husband walked away from a $100K plus year job to stay home and homeschool. He is a degreed engineer who never in the world thought he would do such a thing. He has had to learn patience beyond imagination.

It has been the absolutely hardest thing we have ever done both financially and in other ways. We say all of the time how it must be to put your child on a bus at 8 am and not see them again until 4 pm. The free time to do whatever - HA! We also know we have absolutely no choice in this day and age. I refuse to hand my children over to our government indoctrination program. My husband constantly says that as the man of the family, the head of our children and the responsible party before God in their upbringing, that he has no choice but to do what he is doing.

I work a minimum of 60 hours per week at our salon. Plus I do a home based business to make a little more. We pay the bills, barely. I'm tired, all of the time. But my strength comes from my Savior and I know He is happy with our choices. We always have just enough to get by.

I pray that anyone who still has their godly children in a PS will please reconsider and do whatever it takes to bring them home. I've put 4 children through the PS system before these last 2 children. I would give anything to do it over again with them. I would have different children today. And PS wasn't even as bad as it is today back then.

Praying.
Kathe

Next

Return to Whatever (Almost)