Sense of Evil During Sleep

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Sense of Evil During Sleep

Postby noble1 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Last night TWICE while I was sleeping I had a sense of evil or major unrest. I found myself at that point beginning to pray and asking Jesus to take it away (plus pleading the blood of Jesus over my family and safety for all). At one point I got up to go to the bathroom and was more alert to be able to tell "idiot boy" (as my husband calls him) that I know the end of the story and he goes up in flames! Whoo, I was really brave!! Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing these types of situations at night or even during the day. I know we are more susceptible to attack while we are asleep since the enemy knows that if he can't attack us during the day (when we are more alert) then night time is a prime time to do so.

Let me know your thoughts!
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
noble1

Re: Sense of Evil During Sleep

Postby SueAnn on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Wow, noble. Amazing coincidence?? I can't even remember the last time I had a nightmare, but I had a horrible nightmare 3 nights ago. I was such a mess when I woke up, I had to get out of the house. I sat on the front porch wrapped in covers, in the bitter cold. Took me 30 minutes to calm down. I was FULLY awake. I came inside, got something to drink and snuggled back in bed....woke up a few hours later with a similar yet less vicious kind of nightmare. Last night yet another nightmare, even more watered down. Weird.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby noble1 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:26 pm

I'm sure not! Anyway, I have to mention this has happened to me before, but its been quite a long time. Could the enemy be stepping up its efforts to harass us believers?!
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
noble1

Postby Sue-M on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Nobel, I have felt evil also. I put a post up here about it a couple of days ago. I don't feel it often, but, when I do, I do the exact same thing that you do. I keep praying and asking Jesus to keep the evil away from me. When I feel it, I can feel it for an hour or more. Sometimes, it hangs around for a day or two. And there have been times when I feel it when I walk into a room. But, it's hard to explain it. But, it feels like a cloud of darkness that has weight to it. It feels heavy. And I don't like it at all.

I don't ever speak to it. I only pray to Jesus about it.

Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has experienced this.
Luke 21:28

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
Sue-M

Postby Sue-M on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:33 pm

noble1 wrote:I'm sure not! Anyway, I have to mention this has happened to me before, but its been quite a long time. Could the enemy be stepping up its efforts to harass us believers?!

That's exactly what I was thinking. That's why I put a post up here a few days ago. I am thinking that this evil is working overtime right now and is trying to affect everyone. Not just believers.

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
Sue-M

Postby Cantaress4Him on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:03 pm

noble1 wrote:At one point I got up to go to the bathroom and was more alert to be able to tell "idiot boy" (as my husband calls him) that I know the end of the story and he goes up in flames!

Hi Noble1,

I would caution your husband (and anyone else reading this) to use great caution when addressing Satan. I would be very careful about calling him disrespectful names because he is a celestial being and we are specifically told not to do that.

Years ago, I had a family member who railed against Satan and was talking so big and bad to him ... talking about what he'd like to do to him when he gets his glorified body. Anyway, shortly thereafter, he started hearing disembodied, raspy breathing in close proximity that no one else could hear. We prayed for God to take it away, but to no avail. Then after two months, we were trying to figure out why on earth God would allow this to continue. Then the thought came to me that maybe it was because of his railing against Satan a couple of months before. He apologized to God and asked God to forgive him for this, and for God to deliver him from hearing this breathing. As we were praying, he said that the breathing got angrier and louder and when we said "Amen", it stopped. It's been years now and he hasn't had any more problems with this.

Below are the verses that tell us not to disrespect heavenly beings:

Jud 1:8 In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings.

Jud 1:9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Jud 1:10 Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals-these are the very things that destroy them.

So take this for what it's worth and be blessed. I just felt I should share this.

I also pray that all who are experiencing nightmares and evil nocturnal presences will be delivered. I find that it helps to pray before bedtime that God would fill our home with His presence and would, in turn, crowd out and rebuke any evil that could be in the house. Also, that he would not allow any nightmares or bad experiences to happen to anyone in our house and that he would put a holy hedge of angels around our house and not allow any evil back in. We rarely have nightmares anymore.

I hope this helps. :a2:
Cantaress4Him

2 Chronicles 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
Cantaress4Him

Postby Waiting4Jesus on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:53 pm

..."it helps to pray before bedtime that God would fill our home with His presence." That is EXACTLY what I do and I make sure I do it every single night because, yes, one time several years ago I did experience what you guys are talking about. Praise be to God, though, a quick prayer took it right away, never to return!!!
"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
John Bunyan
Waiting4Jesus

Postby SueAnn on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Cantaress4Him wrote:
noble1 wrote:At one point I got up to go to the bathroom and was more alert to be able to tell "idiot boy" (as my husband calls him) that I know the end of the story and he goes up in flames!

Hi Noble1,

I would caution your husband (and anyone else reading this) to use great caution when addressing Satan. I would be very careful about calling him disrespectful names because he is a celestial being and we are specifically told not to do that.

Years ago, I had a family member who railed against Satan and was talking so big and bad to him ... talking about what he'd like to do to him when he gets his glorified body. Anyway, shortly thereafter, he started hearing disembodied, raspy breathing in close proximity that no one else could hear. We prayed for God to take it away, but to no avail. Then after two months, we were trying to figure out why on earth God would allow this to continue. Then the thought came to me that maybe it was because of his railing against Satan a couple of months before. He apologized to God and asked God to forgive him for this, and for God to deliver him from hearing this breathing. As we were praying, he said that the breathing got angrier and louder and when we said "Amen", it stopped. It's been years now and he hasn't had any more problems with this.

Below are the verses that tell us not to disrespect heavenly beings:

Jud 1:8 In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings.

Jud 1:9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Jud 1:10 Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals-these are the very things that destroy them.

So take this for what it's worth and be blessed. I just felt I should share this.

I also pray that all who are experiencing nightmares and evil nocturnal presences will be delivered. I find that it helps to pray before bedtime that God would fill our home with His presence and would, in turn, crowd out and rebuke any evil that could be in the house. Also, that he would not allow any nightmares or bad experiences to happen to anyone in our house and that he would put a holy hedge of angels around our house and not allow any evil back in. We rarely have nightmares anymore.

I hope this helps. :a2:

Thank you for this advice. I am going to heed it.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Cantaress4Him on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:59 pm

You're welcome, Sue Ann.
Cantaress4Him

2 Chronicles 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
Cantaress4Him

Postby momma9 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm

I've had plenty of bad experiences. It is one awful thing to go through. I've heard them talk, breathe, growl, I think even manifest in people during some of the heavier times. In my nightmares they mock my prayers, mock my faith. It gets worse, but no reason to get into all that. My daughter just recently made a friend by our house that has started playing with occultic things. This girl has apparently felt physical manifestations. My daughter was so distraught she came home bawling. We decided that we should pray for her from here, and that house wasn't the best place to be.
I learned to keep worship music or christian radio on at night while I sleep. It's been on every night for almost 4 years. I also ask for God to protect my mind while I sleep. I'm sorry for your nightmare, they can be very frightening. But the music and the teachings help....the word of God is living and powerful.
momma9

Postby laney on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Been a year or so since my last attack. Even if your mouth seems glued together, pray through your mind in Jesus's name for it to go away. I did and it worked.
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby Sue-M on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:18 am

....and keep your focus on God and not on the evil. I only wanted to post (the other post) and mention it here also because I do think we should know that the enemy is working hard now and I do believe that those that are not saved will be effected. But, I've seen people who focus on demons (studying about them and learning about them) and it's never a good thing. The enemy is trying to pull us away from God. Pull our thoughts away from God. We should resist and focus on God more and more.

-------------

Philippians 4:8 (New International Version)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

-----------------------

Sue-M

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:49 am

Many years ago, my husband and I experienced a time in our spiritual walk where we suffered intense spiritual warfare at the hands of a church leader. We spent a lot of time in prayer during that time, and even though the trial was difficult it was also a wonderful time of seeing God's hand at work in our lives. One night during that time my husband and I had similar dreams: in his dream he dreamed of his brother being under spiritual attack and in my dream it was his brother's wife who seemed to facilitate demonic activity. Both of us at the same time in our dreams were praying "in the name of Jesus" for this evil presence to depart. We both woke up and shared what we had been dreaming about and started praying for his brother, it really shook us. The next morning we called his brother to see if everything was okay, he was oblivious. He had received Christ years earlier but never bore fruit and continued to live the old life, he said everything was fine. But we believe differently. I think the spiritual battle we were in and the acute attention we gave to our walk with the Lord made us more sensitive to the Spirit and to the work of demonic forces. I have not had an experience like it since, though I have had dreams about my family coming under spiritual attack, which always moves me to pray more diligently for them.

There are spiritual forces at work in this world and our best defense and offense is prayer and the Word of God.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby noble1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 am

Cantaress, Thanks much for posting those scriptures...I should have known better! I did memorize the book of Jude at one time a few years back and recall that portion of scripture with Michael the Archangel! Wow, really puts things in perspective! I will let my hubby know this immediately and we will be careful what we say from here on out.

I do pray every night before bed for the hedge of protection of God, His angels and plead the blood of Jesus over my entire family. I think though its time to take it up a notch and ensure that hubby and I pray together before laying down our heads (no matter if one of us goes to bed first or not)...so that we all have a good night's rest. Hubby did do that last night and I had a better night's rest without a nightmare! Praise God!

And on a side note, Laney I have felt like my lips are pressed together with glue and not a word can come out in my dream, but my mind works in overdrive and I am able to pray! Praise God!!!

I wonder if hubby will let me play K-Love while we sleep in another room...I'll have to ask him!

Thanks for all the great ideas and words of wisdom! Love you all!
noble1

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:06 am

I've read this thread and haven't shared what came to me to share. I think I will as others may have experienced or could in the future experience what I did. One night about a year ago, when my husband and I went to bed, he had dozed off but I was still settling and trying to relax to go to sleep, just not there yet. All of a sudden, an evil force PHYSICALLY showed up on my side of the bed. It was literally pulling me (it was not a body, had no physical features, but had the ability to literally pull on and move my body)....anyway, it was pulling me literally towards itself. I was immediately full of adrenaline and fear but suddenly paralyzed and unable to move at all. I was resisting internally and struggling to reach my husband to ask him to intervene. I could not speak and was so scared....I couldn't even begin to tell you how scared I was. Anyway, then I tried to call my husbands name and the word would not come out of my mouth....so I started thinking on Jesus and at the same time I tried a few times and eventually got out of my mouth the word NO! After that, the thing let go of me. Then I just started praying and trying to get my heart rate down from the rafters. Nothing like that has happened again since, but the presence of the being was so astonishing, dark, overwhelming and threatening that I will never, for as long as I live, forget it. What's worse is that while it had physical abilities, I could not see it.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby momma9 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:38 am

GodsStudent wrote:I've read this thread and haven't shared what came to me to share. I think I will as others may have experienced or could in the future experience what I did. One night about a year ago, when my husband and I went to bed, he had dozed off but I was still settling and trying to relax to go to sleep, just not there yet. All of a sudden, an evil force PHYSICALLY showed up on my side of the bed. It was literally pulling me (it was not a body, had no physical features, but had the ability to literally pull on and move my body)....anyway, it was pulling me literally towards itself. I was immediately full of adrenaline and fear but suddenly paralyzed and unable to move at all. I was resisting internally and struggling to reach my husband to ask him to intervene. I could not speak and was so scared....I couldn't even begin to tell you how scared I was. Anyway, then I tried to call my husbands name and the word would not come out of my mouth....so I started thinking on Jesus and at the same time I tried a few times and eventually got out of my mouth the word NO! After that, the thing let go of me. Then I just started praying and trying to get my heart rate down from the rafters. Nothing like that has happened again since, but the presence of the being was so astonishing, dark, overwhelming and threatening that I will never, for as long as I live, forget it. What's worse is that while it had physical abilities, I could not see it.

This happened to me! Except I could see it! My husband got up for work and we were chit chatting while I stayed in bed with our infant son. I must have dozed for second, because when I turned my head this thing was reaching out, hovering over my son. It had the most horrible face I've ever seen. I can't even describe it. I of course lunged at the "thing". My husband said there was never a break in our conversation, so he couldn't see how I would have fallen asleep. From his pov. I just started flailing around in mid conversation. Not anything I would like to experience again!
momma9

Postby Mttw633 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 am

There are more to dreams than we give them credit. I was just thinking on my reoccuring dreams and I think I've got this one figured out. When I haven't done what God has wanted me to, I have a dream that we're living back at the old house. And I've come to learn that when I dream this it's as if God is telling me not to live the old life, or the old way any more. Or I'm driving and I can't see out, or I make a wrong turn it's telling me the same thing.

I've felt an evil presence that when I wake up-not physically, but my mind is alert, I still feel the force on me. Then I rebuke it, 'the Lord rebuke you' and it has to leave. I think this helps to prepare us to know what do to when these things are unleashed upon the earth. They know their time is short, so they do that to us to try to intimidate us.
Mttw633

Postby IamtheWalrus on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:42 am

Before I cam fully to Christ, I experienced these things on almost a nightly basis...then when I cam to Christ..it stopped, but in the last few months, it has stepped up its onslaught. I read the Bible for at least a half hour before bed, and when it does happen, like it did last night, I get up and pray for the Blood Armor of Jesus Christ, and go back to bed...sleeping soundly.
Ken
Psa 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, [and] established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, [even] praise unto our God: many shall see [it], and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
IamtheWalrus

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm

This kind of activity has definately stepped up, and I think it is because our society has opened the door by watching/listening to evil entertainment. If you give the enemy an inch, he grabs a mile. I believe many Christians play around with temptations to think on things that they would never do physically. And it gives Satan permission to get a stronghold started in their lives.

Interesting page here: Where Have All the Demons Gone? http://net-burst.net/demons/demonic.htm
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Waiting4Jesus on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Momma9 and GodsStudent...boy, is that ever scary!!! Have you ever read the autobiography of St. Teresa of Avila? St. Teresa said she often saw many demons hovering around at times. I also read St. Padre Pio's biography & they say he did much spiritual warfare with evil forces that attacked him viciously. All we can do is PRAY and keep our eyes on Jesus!!! :a2:
"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
John Bunyan
Waiting4Jesus

Postby burien1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm

GodsStudent wrote:I've read this thread and haven't shared what came to me to share. I think I will as others may have experienced or could in the future experience what I did. One night about a year ago, when my husband and I went to bed, he had dozed off but I was still settling and trying to relax to go to sleep, just not there yet. All of a sudden, an evil force PHYSICALLY showed up on my side of the bed. It was literally pulling me (it was not a body, had no physical features, but had the ability to literally pull on and move my body)....anyway, it was pulling me literally towards itself. I was immediately full of adrenaline and fear but suddenly paralyzed and unable to move at all. I was resisting internally and struggling to reach my husband to ask him to intervene. I could not speak and was so scared....I couldn't even begin to tell you how scared I was. Anyway, then I tried to call my husbands name and the word would not come out of my mouth....so I started thinking on Jesus and at the same time I tried a few times and eventually got out of my mouth the word NO! After that, the thing let go of me. Then I just started praying and trying to get my heart rate down from the rafters. Nothing like that has happened again since, but the presence of the being was so astonishing, dark, overwhelming and threatening that I will never, for as long as I live, forget it. What's worse is that while it had physical abilities, I could not see it.

The shadow people, supposedly. This happened to me , several times years ago. Absolutely terrifying. I swore up and down I wasn`t asleep. 'It' was blacker than night and evil. I was able to say "Jesus help me" and it slithered away.

Every now and then, something will still start to tug on my bedspread. I don`t lay down to sleep for quite a while on those nights. I believe it`s possible that we start to fall asleep, but are still in that in between place, that mystics and mediums enter into. A trance state if you will. just enough to lift the veil between our reality and the void where so called 'Spirit [demon]guides are. JMHO. I don`t believe for a second, that I was dreaming.

Just Google The Shadow people. Lots of info. But I won`t post a link to some of those sights. Not safe for the young among us.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:50 pm

On second thought, I probably should say that I am not positive it wasn't physical as I had my back to it and was on my side "facing" my husband, but separate from him by a good 8 inches. I think the reason I thought it wasn't fully physical is that its touch, while very clear and very felt, was not the same touch as if my husband had put his hand on me. In other words, I sensed it coming up on me from behind, then I felt it pulling me to it, but I did not feel the pull as if a person had their hands on me and was pulling me. There was no actual PHYSICAL contact to the pull, only a pull that was very literal, had the ability to physically move my body, but did not provide the sensation of touch to my skin.

I know that sounds absurd, but it is the absolute truth. At the time in my life that this happened, I was listening to sermons all day long, reading the bible all the time (and still am), and was actively seeking to increase both my knowledge of God and Christ and my relationship with....so....I am comfortable saying that I was in a "good place" when this thing all of a sudden descended upon me!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby noble1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:23 pm

burien1, Its interesting to note that you mentioned the possibility of "not being entirely asleep." Because I have fibromyalgia and have a rough time getting a good night's sleep I have to take medication like pain pills and/or muscle relaxers to help me sleep. It could very well be that because I wasn't fully asleep that I was susceptible to this type of attack because I was somewhere in between or not fully asleep. Just a guess here...but I too always pray for my children, lost family, etc. and read my bible in bed before I go to sleep. Lately I have been praying longer and for more specific things.

Makes you go hmmmmmm!

P.S. A few years ago my husband actually saw a demon hovering over him while he was in bed. It got so close to him that he wanted to punch it!
noble1

Postby IamtheWalrus on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:38 pm

GodStudent,

I believe, as we grow deeper in the faith, the attacks come even stronger, because it knows they are losing us to Him. That very reason is why we become stronger in the faith. I know that may sound dismal, but IMO it is true, at least from my experience. When the honeymoon is over when we come to the faith, the real work begins.

A few years ago my husband actually saw a demon hovering over him while he was in bed. It got so close to him that he wanted to punch it!

noble1,

My wife saw the same thing as I slept a couple of years ago.
Ken
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, [and] established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, [even] praise unto our God: many shall see [it], and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
IamtheWalrus

Postby burien1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:08 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:GodStudent,

I believe, as we grow deeper in the faith, the attacks come even stronger, because it knows they are losing us to Him. That very reason is why we become stronger in the faith. I know that may sound dismal, but IMO it is true, at least from my experience. When the honeymoon is over when we come to the faith, the real work begins.

A few years ago my husband actually saw a demon hovering over him while he was in bed. It got so close to him that he wanted to punch it!

noble1,

My wife saw the same thing as I slept a couple of years ago.

I don`t believe that. I wasn`t even studying my Bible when it happened to me. I was living a little too much in the world. I never go to bed without reading my Bible and spending time with the Lord, now. My life is spent living for the Lord. The intense attack I had that one time has never repeated itself. 'They' are not losing us, they`ve LOST us. There are way too many Christians out there with a deep faith that this hasn`t happened too. It`s happened to people who are not even Christians. If anyone can find it, there was a thread on this subject here at FP several years ago. Like I said before, google 'shadow people'. I know people who have seen this along with sleep paralysis. And the weird thing is, you feel like you were as awake then as you are right now. [ Insert twilight zone theme song here ]
burien1

Postby IamtheWalrus on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Shadow People, ghosts, etc are all demons IMO

Burien1, because you haven't experienced these things doesn't make it so.
Ken
IamtheWalrus

Postby burien1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:46 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:Shadow People, ghosts, etc are all demons IMO

Burien1, because you haven't experienced these things doesn't make it so.

If you bothered to read the thread you`re posting in, you would read that I have experienced it.
burien1 wrote:

The shadow people, supposedly. This happened to me , several times years ago. Absolutely terrifying. I swore up and down I wasn`t asleep. 'It' was blacker than night and evil. I was able to say "Jesus help me" and it slithered away.

Every now and then, something will still start to tug on my bedspread. I don`t lay down to sleep for quite a while on those nights. I believe it`s possible that we start to fall asleep, but are still in that in between place, that mystics and mediums enter into. A trance state if you will. just enough to lift the veil between our reality and the void where so called 'Spirit [demon]guides are. JMHO. I don`t believe for a second, that I was dreaming.

Just Google The Shadow people. Lots of info. But I won`t post a link to some of those sights. Not safe for the young among us.
burien1

Postby IamtheWalrus on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm

burien1 wrote:The intense attack I had that one time has never repeated itself.

I apologize, but I thought you were referring to the statement above.
I for one, have experienced intense attacks, when I was saved and not saved.

Listen burien1, when you become saved, there is always a chance for you to fall from the faith. That is why it is so important to stay focused in the Word...so we don't fall from the faith. Many people have fallen and are now, in the enemies eyes...theirs. So once you are saved, life sometimes gets more difficult.
The battle continues until death..no matter which way you look at it. As long as you are alive and breathing, the enemy is going to find a way to attack you. It may not be through shadow people or ghosts, but it will be in some other way or form.
Ken
IamtheWalrus

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:53 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:GodStudent,

I don't believe I was in a "honeymoon" phase when this happened. My walk began long before this incident, its just that this incident did happen during a time in my life when I was well seated in my walk. I have been thinking about this today, and also what I read from the link Daffodyllady provided, and I have something else I want to share.
Daffodyllady: The link you provided was incredibly insightful. I learned a few things and remembered a few things.

My entire life has been spent avoiding funerals. My parents forbid me to go to funerals unless it was absolutely necessary. Everyone who knows me will tell you that I WILL NOT attend funerals unless it is critical. My entire family and my husband's family knows this about me. There have been a lot of funerals that I haven't been to and they talk about it and agree that its best I don't go.

Since I was a child, I have been highly alarmed in funeral homes. I sense the spirit of the person who died, even if I don't know them, and have even had trouble when after the funeral, and at the home of the person who was deceased, I have known where they were and been very afraid to be alone in the house. With many people around me, I am scared to death to even go into the bathroom alone at the house. I will tell you in a second that the spirit in fact does roam the earth for 3 days and I can hardly stand to discern it, even though I have never felt threatened or even approached by them....its just that I DISCERN their presence. I have NEVER seen any spirit, only detected its presence.

Likewise, in my lifetime, I have had a few incidents while fully awake where I sensed a presence that was dark, dangerous and meant me harm. About two years ago I was walking down my hallway in our house. My husband and I were watching television, I had gone to the kitchen to get something to drink, I wasn't afraid or even thinking about anything to do with anything and all of a sudden something "flew in on me" as I was walking down the hallway. It got right on the side of my neck and though it didn't physically manifest or touch me or anything, it was so ominous, so dark and so scary that I immediately sucked in my breath and practically ran to our bedroom. When I got to the room, my husband said I was as white as a sheet. He asked me what was wrong but I was nearly in aperplexy with fear and just had to calm myself. The "presence" of these things is just so horrendous and scary and dark and threatening....and it came upon me so fast and abrupt that it fully intended to inflict utter terror in me, which upset me tremendously to know. Throughout my life I have had a few similar experiences. I detect their presence and its always dark and threatening and implying terror. I used to speak out loud and say things like "I do not know who you are, I do not want to see you, in Jesus Name you must leave me now."

I don't have any fear sharing about this though I know that some have no experience with the gift of discernment and may never understand how a "true christian" could be experiencing something like this. I have taken different spiritual gift tests before, and every single time the number one gift I rank on is DISCERNMENT. I'm pretty clear that I have this, anyway. Under certain circumstances I am aware that God has used this gift in me to accomplish things that I am not nearly smart enough to accomplish without this gift. After reading some of the "stuff" on the link that Daffodyllady provided, my suspicions that this is what that is all about were confirmed.

I have always known that discernment was with me. After learning about the spiritual gifts, I have been able to see it working in my life. Its not a common sense thing, or a function of the brain. Discernment is a knowing that cannot be reasoned by common human traits and if you have it, sometimes the discernment itself becomes a test as you wait for others to "pick up" on things that you are completely aware of, and it has, at times, been a struggle for me to understand how others could "miss" what I so readily know or understand or perceive.....even though to them, I have no logical explanation as to how I know what I know. It takes balance, and sometimes discerning means to know, move in the right direction, and allow time and circumstances to unfold before others become aware of what it is I knew, sometimes even long before.

We all have spiritual gifts. I'm not greater or wiser or better than anyone else. In fact, I am acutely aware that there are many much smarter, wiser and more resourceful than me who I love and appreciate very much! This gift, though, does a lot and goes a long way in making me who I am and impacting my perceptions and reactions and decisions/choices.

I also think this gift of DISCERNMENT is the reason I am able to discern the presence of these spirits. Both the spirits of the very recently deceased (which do not scare me because they are dark and daunting, but which scare me because I pick up on their presence) and also these demons, or whatever they are, because they are scary and they do present themselves in a very provacative and threatening way though none has ever harmed or been allowed to harm me. I actually, though, have told them no and told them to leave in the name of Jesus.

SO, I would like to know if any of the rest of you who have experienced these presences have taken any spiritual gifts tests (book of Romans, and these tests can be found by googling the words) and if you scored high on the gift of DISCERNMENT. I honestly think we are discerning them where others may be oblivious to their presence as they don't necessarily have a great deal of that particular spiritual gift.

Then, I read a lot more from the site Daffodyllady linked to about casting out demons in our brothers and sisters and the like (these articles were scripturally based writings). I am all of a sudden intersted in this whole subject.

Uhoh....straight jacket time.......
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby IamtheWalrus on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 pm

GS,

I knew a guy who saw spirits all the time, even had conversations with them,.. When he became a Christian, he consciously shut them down.. he hasn't seen them since.

FWIW
Ken
IamtheWalrus

Postby burien1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Listen burien1, when you become saved, there is always a chance for you to fall from the faith.

My shepherd is not going to lose even one of the sheep the father places in his hands. After many years of study. I`m a firm believer in OSAS. And even if I wasn`t, seeing what I saw drove me to call on the Lord, not fall away.
You`re not talking to a babe in Christ here. I`ve been under attack from the enemy since the day I was saved. Intense personal trials, persecution, what have you. All allowed, to teach me to trust and lean on my Lord even more. You can debate scripture all day long, but it`s the fiery trials that turn us into Gold in the potters hand.

You don`t have any reason to tell me to stay focused in the word. You`re preaching to the choir. I`m preparing a banquet for the funeral of the second friend I`ve lost just this year, so I think I know about Life getting a bit difficult. Take it from me, because I haven`t been attacked by whatever this is again, doesn`t mean the enemy isn`t trying to destroy my testimony any way he finds an opening. And since when does it take experiencing something twice to qualify as experiencing something ?

I`ve learned to pray to be more sensitive to the holy spirit`s voice within me and not to hear the whispers of the enemy in my ear. I ask the Lord everyday to let me bring glory to his name that day and to do his will. As long as I`m alive, more trials will come. If I see one of these things again, I`ll ask the Lord to show me what he wants me to learn from this, as I do with all the other trials. It can`t harm a hair on my head without my Lord`s permission.

I live alone , in the woods, about 1/4 to 1/2 mile off the road. No streetlights. Nobody to hear me scream. But I`m not alone. The Lord is with me always.
burien1

Postby IamtheWalrus on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:35 pm

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Burien1,

I apologize that you are taking what I said so defensively. It wasn't meant to be that way. I didn't mean to come off that way, and it seems that I did, and I am sorry. Please forgive me.
Ken
IamtheWalrus

Postby burien1 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.]

I don`t believe this verse means what you think it means. It`s the old wheat and tares thing within the organized Church.
Burien1,

I apologize that you are taking what I said so defensively. It wasn't meant to be that way. I didn't mean to come off that way, and it seems that I did, and I am sorry. Please forgive me.
:itsgood:
burien1

Postby daffodyllady on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 pm

One time I was trying to pray, and I felt it was not going any higher than the roof. Something was hindering me, terribly. So I asked the Lord what it was that was keeping me from getting thru. Immediately, I saw a dark form in the room. It had no face, and no substance. It was an intensely dark nothingness. But it had the shape of a person.

I was terrified, and asked the Lord why that demon was there. Immediately, I saw a Barbie doll. And I knew.

When I was a little girl, I became very attached to my Barbie dolls. I would make clothes for them, and they were intentionally immodest. I played dating with Ken. I imagined all kinds of impure things with those dolls. From that point, I became obsessed with impurity, in my thought life.

When I became a Christian, I tried to get rid of those thoughts. It was a horrible battle. And I never completely won. Many times, I would slip back into that impure mindset. And I would slide far away from God.

That day, when I saw that demon, I knew that I had a stronghold in my life, that needed to be broken. I had given a place to the devil.

It has been a long, hard battle, but I have found how to rebuke the enemy, without railing against him.. I hide in Jesus. I say to the enemy what the scriptures say to me. That I am bought by the blood of Jesus, and that he must leave me in Jesus' name. I have found that the more I resist him and rebuke him in Jesus' name, the weaker he becomes. But if I give in just ONE time, the raging fury comes back.

I can say that I have found complete freedom from that demon. He still comes back to tempt me, but the stronghold has been destroyed.

Parents, I implore you: do not allow your little girls to play with Barbies! It can destroy their precious souls!
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:43 am

I had one dream experience that pretty much ended my 'bad' dreams- in it I saw a demon riding on my back- I knew why- because I had unrepented sin in my life- I had in the past confessed this sin, but up until then had not truly repented. this dream woke me up to my need to repent and right then I did. I have not had any more encounters of this nature since. That was a real turning point for me spiritually, the Lord opened my mind to understanding of His word in a way I never knew before, and I had been saved 30 years already. I spent hours soaking in His word- where before I would make myself read it- now I couldn't get enough. Now I dream the Word, I spend most of my day talking to the Lord and seldom even remember my dreams. I have a peace now that I didn't have before and it's hard to explain with words.

My personal feeling is that if you are having these kind of encounters examine yourself and ask God to reveal if there is some sin in your life that you need to repent of. I am not saying that a christian cannot come under spiritual attack- but greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. He has given us every means to thwart these attacks- Satan has no power over those who abide in Christ. The question is do you truly abide in Him? I thought i did for 30 years, but now I know looking back that I didn't really abide in Christ- I just visited Him on occasion when it was convenient for me to do so. IMO when we have unrepented sin in our lives- it leaves us vulnerable to spiritual attack. I am not sure if this idea contradicts doctrine, but that is my experience as I have lived it. Others may disagree, but this is the only way I can explain the change in my own life and the victory I have had since then.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Cantaress4Him on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:44 am

daffodyllady wrote:Parents, I implore you: do not allow your little girls to play with Barbies! It can destroy their precious souls!

I played with Barbies when I was a little girl and I never had the problems you mentioned you had while playing with them. So I don't think it's fair to say that ALL little girls should not play with Barbies just because it was a problem for you. That's man-made legalism. The Bible doesn't say that little girls should not play with Barbies. But it does speak of idolatry. And if you made an idol of these things -- then yes, it was wrong for you.
Cantaress4Him

Cantaress4Him

Postby Mttw633 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:24 am

GodsStudent wrote:I had gone to the kitchen to get something to drink, I wasn't afraid or even thinking about anything to do with anything and all of a sudden something "flew in on me" as I was walking down the hallway.

That just happened to my mom a few weeks ago. She got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water from the kitchen and something flew past her, the thing almost knocked her down! We asked, do you think it was the cat? And she said no.
Mttw633

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:37 am

Cantaress4Him wrote:
daffodyllady wrote:Parents, I implore you: do not allow your little girls to play with Barbies! It can destroy their precious souls!

I played with Barbies when I was a little girl and I never had the problems you mentioned you had while playing with them. So I don't think it's fair to say that ALL little girls should not play with Barbies just because it was a problem for you. That's man-made legalism. The Bible doesn't say that little girls should not play with Barbies. But it does speak of idolatry. And if you made an idol of these things -- then yes, it was wrong for you.

I agree that it is legalism. Not that we shouldn't be careful as some of the dolls marketed these days are little more than smut geared toward children, but saying that children shouldn't play with dolls at all is legalistic.
Salty Skipper

Postby daffodyllady on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:59 am

I mean that to allow a child to play with a doll that is shaped so as to appeal to a playboy mentality, is just plain wrong. It puts a stumblingblock in the way of that little one. Perhaps not every girl will come under demonic influence thru that doll. But many, many do. I have known some of them. Boys get a great charge out of those sexual dolls. I have also seen little boys get overly attracted to those dolls, and it awakens something in them that is wrong. Should Christians parents take the chance, just to avoid "legalism"?

The Barbie doll was inspired by and modeled after a German prostitute doll named Lilli. That should tell you enough.

If you really want to know more, just Google "Jack Ryan" who was the creator of the Barbie doll, and you will find out more than you would ever want to know about the mentality behind her creation.
Last edited by daffodyllady on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks DL! I mistook your post to mean that children shouldn't play with any sort of doll. I understand you now. :grin:
Salty Skipper

Postby Waiting4Jesus on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Resurrection Torchlight, with all due respect, I don't believe that spiritual attack is caused by "unrepented sin." I mean, maybe in certain instances, but I don't believe that's the chief cause. The great St. Teresa of Avila, an extremely holy & pure Saint, SAW hordes of demons many different times. Read her autobiography.

Same thing with St. Padre Pio. He was physically battered and thrown around his bedroom by demons!

The darkness is drawn to the Light? I think the holier and more consecrated to Christ one becomes, the more this is apt to happen at times. And I've read books that said you can be MENTALLY attacked (having nasty thoughts, etc.), too. The "mental thing" is my experience, except for maybe once or twice.
John Bunyan
Waiting4Jesus

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:06 pm

I still say that you have to be able to DISCERN its presence in order to know its there. I still want to know if any of you who have experienced this have taken spiritual gifts tests and if so, how did you score in DISCERNMENT?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby momma9 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:23 pm

God's student, these things started happening to me immediately after I was saved- I'm still hyper sensitive to things, so that is what I've been told is that it is a gift of the Spirit. Not a widely talked about gift, but there are some of us. It's an ability to see God's hand also, not just demons. sometimes with this gift, people focus only on the demons.
momma9

Postby momma4Him on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Waiting4Jesus, are you Catholic? Just wondering with the talk of the saints and all. :wink:
momma4Him

Postby daffodyllady on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Of course some attacks come to us because we open ourselves to attack, by messing with stuff we ought not.

But other attacks come simply because we are on the Lord's side, and are active in His work.

Sometimes, I think the demons are seen just because they want to scare us. If they want to scare Christians, God has to allow them to do it, before they can. And His grace will be there to give us understanding and help us to grow through the experience.

I would be careful of thinking that it was because of some spiritual gift I had, that made me able to see them. That may be wrong, and is a very dangerous temptation to pride, IMHO.
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby momma9 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:47 pm

I have been taught that there is such a gift. It is nothing to be proud about. All of us are given different gifts of the Spirit. I do understand that some churches do not accept or believe that the gifts are for the present day.
Being a Calvary girl, I have been taught very thoroughly on the subject, and this is what my own studies have led me to. Anyone else I know with this gift is not proud of it, as it is talked about only when needed. There would be no need to be proud considering that no gift is more important than any other.
momma9

Postby daffodyllady on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Maybe I did not word my response right. I do not think it is wrong to know what gifts we have. And I am also convinced that the gifts of the Spirit are for today. I guess what I meant was that we might be deceived if we thought that the reason we get to see demons, is because we are gifted like that, when actually the case may be that we have a stronghold in our lives that God wants us to seek deliverance from.
Daffodyllady
daffodyllady

Postby momma9 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 pm

I understand! The Lord knows I have enough things that I still carry around with me. It can be a long process to really get down to the heart of things!
momma9

Postby Pretzelogical on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:32 pm

The great St. Teresa of Avila, an extremely holy & pure Saint, SAW hordes of demons many different times. Read her autobiography.

Do you mean Mother Teresa? Mother Teresa had sculptures and other artwork of many foreign gods (demons) all through her hospitals.
Pretzelogical

Postby burien1 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:24 am

Teresa of Avila, St. (1515-1582)
http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/t/teresa_of_avila_st.html

She was a mystic that practiced contemplative prayer and meditation. It`s no wonder she saw a lot of demons. She entered the trance state I was referring to earlier.
burien1

Next

Return to General Bible Study & Debate