Overwhelming

Where anyone can ask or answer a question.

Overwhelming

Postby patientlywaiting on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:06 am

I just can not believe how fast everything is progressing. Everytime I come in here there is some major development or several of them. I don't know about you, but I think that we are headed straight for it. There is no stopping it. When Jesus talked about birth pangs, he wasn't kidding. It is going to get rough, really fast. Reality is sinking in and it is a bit overwhelming. I am at a point in my life where I am enjoying complete and total happiness. I have a loving, happy family. I am strong in Christ and spirit. I am almost done with college and going back out into the work force. God has really blessed me. But these happy days are coming to an end soon. At least for the next couple years. God has been grooming me for this all my life. But am I ready? Is my family ready? Anyone else feel this way?
Mary
patientlywaiting

Postby watchingandwaiting on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:16 am

I believe I am ready, however Iam not so sure re family and friends
I am tempted to go all out with what I see reflected here
My daughter is signing up for and has been accepted for university in the fall ,but I am wondering if I should dissuade her as the end may be nearer than thought . but what if I am wrong, her future may be affected
I guess I need to let her make her own choices and leave the outcome to God, and trust him that my prayers for her and my son will be answered in the positive for their salvation :?
watchingandwaiting

Postby javierruizleon on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:22 am

I am homeschooling my kids after this school year and working swing shift to spend as much time with them before the end.
javierruizleon

Postby tsth on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:27 am

I think this is where we listen very closely to the Lord, and trust in Him, to put us in the places that He desires for us, for this time. That would include our children as well, if we continue to counsel them to keep their eyes and hearts upon Him and His desires for them, for the days ahead.

I am reminded of this passage that I was meditating upon this morning:

Isaiah 30

9 These are rebellious people, deceitful children, children unwilling to listen to the Lord's instruction. 10 They say to the seers, "See no more visions!" and to the prophets, "Give us no more visions of what is right! Tell us pleasant things, prophesy illusions. 11 Leave this way, get off this path, and stop confronting us with the Holy One of Israel!" 12 Therefore, this is what the Holy One of Israel says: "Because you have rejected this message, relied on oppression and depended on deceit, 13 this sin will become for you like a high wall, cracked and bulging, that collapses suddenly, in an instant. 14 It will break in pieces like pottery, shattered so mercilessly that among its pieces not a fragment will be found for taking coals from a hearth or scooping water out of a cistern." 15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. 16 You said, 'No, we will flee on horses.' Therefore you will flee! You said, 'We will ride off on swift horses.' Therefore your pursuers will be swift!

We do not have to be like the rest who are intent on being fast and strong themselves and who do not want to listen to the Lord's instruction (notice also the reference to them saying "get off this path" it's a picture of Balaam and the donkey who tried to pursuade him to not be bought off with riches rather than Truth)...........we must only listen to the Lord and trust in Him to lead us in The Way.

In His Love,
Suzanne
tsth

Postby cocatholic on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:32 am

I'm in the same exact boat as you are. As to, "Are you ready?"....
Trust that the Lord has made you ready.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Psalm 139:13-14
cocatholic

Postby OBXBob on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:33 am

Hello watchingandwaiting,

You wrote:

I believe I am ready, however Iam not so sure re family and friends
I am tempted to go all out with what I see reflected here
My daughter is signing up for and has been accepted for university in the fall ,but I am wondering if I should dissuade her as the end may be nearer than thought . but what if I am wrong, her future may be affected
I guess I need to let her make her own choices and leave the outcome to God, and trust him that my prayers for her and my son will be answered in the positive for their salvation

As difficult as it might be, I'd not dissuade her from continuing with her plans. We don't know for sure whether this is the "real" thing. I believe it likely is, but we need to proceed with our lives (while keeping an eye out.)

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 am

We have to be ready--we have no choice. We must rise to the occasion. Another way of looking at it is that we're as ready as we can be, so just do it. Trust in the Lord that he will protect his own--He WILL!

I would let your daughter go to college and everyone should keep on with life as planned. God has plans for us where we are. Maybe there are other kids who will be at that college who need your daughter as a good influence, or to lean on as someone strong in her faith.

You just never know what will be in your path until you walk it....so let's all keep walking.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby sparkly on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:46 am

Wise words, Suzanne. :)
sparkly

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:49 am

I guess I need to let her make her own choices and leave the outcome to God, and trust him that my prayers for her and my son will be answered in the positive for their salvation

I think this is very wise. He is able to keep that which we've committed unto Him against that day (2 Tim. 1:12)
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby watchingandwaiting on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:07 am

Oxbob, Whiteh2owoman, Abiding;

Thankyou for you input, I think I know what you all confirm as true
We are to seek godly counsel.....

It is hard to do sometimes, but the Spirit of God leads us to confirm what we believe to be true and so we are less likely to be deceived

again thankyou

:hugs:
watchingandwaiting

Postby soonverysoon on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:16 pm

What do you mean you are ready? Ready for what? I don't feel I know what things are going to be like. So how can I be ready.

I feel the most important thing I can do is know the word of God, incase they take our Bibles away. Other then that... I guess I should get in shape, incase they send me to prison for my faith.

But they seem to take away our rights slowly.

Like.... The national ID card coming out.
Mental health checks for school kids
The gay marriage thing
And the security and prosperity partnership w/Canadia and Mexico

There are many more ways our freedoms and rights are being taken away, so how can we really be ready for it. It just happens even before we know they are doing it.

I don't see how I can be ready. I just pray I can stand and take one day at a time by faith.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Overwhelming

Postby berean on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:32 pm

I think we have to go on living our lives as close to God's will as possible. If we do that, we will be where He wants us at the time that He wants us there. Whether that be at school, at home, overseas, whatever.

God wants us, indeed demands of us, that we put complete trust in Him. As the times grow more urgent, we are to draw closer. We must lift our gaze upon Yeshua so that He is reflected back upon us. The greater our difficulty the greater our faith should grow.

My prayers every day include the ability to stand firm as the world grows ever more intolerant. This is my prayer for all of you also.

As times become overwhelming may He give us the ability to be overcoming.

God Bless,

Berean
berean

Postby sherrimae on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:17 pm

I like the idea of taking it one day at a time, especially the way things are going now. My husband started traveling a lot for work about a year ago. Since then, I only plan about one week ahead. I trust that God will help me now with today's problems, and in the next week as those problems come up. I don't think about much beyond that. This has helped me not to get so totally overwhelmed by what I know is probably coming.
sherrimae

Postby soonverysoon on Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:33 am

Matthew 6:31

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32: (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your hevenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the norrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

BE STRONG IN THE LORD........

Postby Mrs. B on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:40 pm

Be Strong in the Lord......

Ephesians 6:10..........Finally, my brethren, BE STRONG IN THE LORD......and in the Power of His Might.......

11......PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR of God.......that Ye May be Able to STAND......against the wiles of the devil.....

12.......FOR...we wrestle Not against.....Flesh and Blood......BUT Against PRINCIPALITIES......Against Powers.....Against the Rulers of the Darkness of this World......Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places....

13.......WHEREFORE.....Take unto You the Whole Armour of God....That ye may be able to withstand in the Evil Day......and having done All to Stand.....

14......STAND Therefore......Having your loins Girt about with TRUTH.......and Having on the Breastplate of Righteousness....

15......And Your Feet shod with the Preparation of the Gospel of PEACE.....

16.......ABOVE ALL......Take the Shield of FAITH........Wherewith Ye shall be Able to quench All the Fiery Darts of the Wicked.....

17.......And...Take the Helmet of Salvation.....and the Sword of the Spirit.....WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD.......

18.......PRAYING ALWAYS.......with All Prayer and Supplication in the SPIRIT.......and WATCHING thereunto with all Perserverance and Supplication......For All SAINTS.....

23.....Peace be to the Brethren......and Love with Faith....from God the Father.....and the Lord Jesus Christ.....

bb
Mrs. B

Return to Prophecy Questions/Answers