Christian Censored and Fined for Making "Homophobic" Remarks

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

Christian Censored and Fined for Making "Homophobic" Remarks

Postby Final Trumpet on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:51 am

A Brazilian Christian has been fined 2,000 reales (834 USD), and his book confiscated for publishing his belief that God condemns and punishes homosexual acts.

Naurio Martins Franca, a resident of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, is the author of "The Curse of God on the Homosexual: The Homosexual Needs to Know the Divine Curse that is Upon Him".

The book reportedly states the Christian belief that homosexual behavior is sinful, and even "demonic", and warns those who do not repent that "he who continues being a homosexual is defying the power of God and runs a great risk."

Brazilian Christian Censored and Fined for Making "Homophobic" Remarks in Book
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of Jehovah cometh, for it is nigh at hand
Joel 2:1

Days of Noah

"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, & insist on their literal interpretations, in the midst of much clamor & opposition."
Sir Isaac Newton

Final Trumpet

Re: Christian Censored and Fined for Making "Homophobic" Remarks

Postby pretribber on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:53 am

Final Trumpet wrote:A Brazilian Christian has been fined 2,000 reales (834 USD), and his book confiscated for publishing his belief that God condemns and punishes homosexual acts.

Naurio Martins Franca, a resident of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, is the author of "The Curse of God on the Homosexual: The Homosexual Needs to Know the Divine Curse that is Upon Him".

The book reportedly states the Christian belief that homosexual behavior is sinful, and even "demonic", and warns those who do not repent that "he who continues being a homosexual is defying the power of God and runs a great risk."

Brazilian Christian Censored and Fined for Making "Homophobic" Remarks in Book

Good for this guy for standing up for his faith. Sad thing is, the rights of the Christian's are just about over. I see persecution of the Christian's here in the USA just around the corner. It already happens in second and third world countries and it seems as if it is begining here. Lets pray that our lord and saviour comes soon, not for just our sake here in the US but also for our brothers and sisters around the world.
pretribber
Supporting Member

Postby redeemed1953 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:36 pm

:armor:

We should get his address and send him some money. No point in hoarding money. Use it for the BODY of CHRIST!

:a3:
I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Saviour...John Newton
redeemed1953

Postby soonverysoon on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:49 pm

redeemed1953 wrote::armor:

We should get his address and send him some money. No point in hoarding money. Use it for the BODY of CHRIST!

This is a great idea. Even if it is only a little money. If enough of us send even a dollar it would help this guy.

And letters to encourage him. We need to stick together.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby LandscapeMan on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:27 am

I truely believe what this man published is true, however we are past the time when such a book or statements are productive. We are living in a time where the chuch is under more pressure than ever about what we say and do, being seen as judgemental.

I believe that we need to start addessing homosexuality in the context of sexual sin. By singleing out as specific behavior or activity we come across as being condeming. That plays into the hands of the the homosexual community, and the left.

Truth is that as things are going we are becoming less and less able to name anykind of sin. According to the law of man, sin is left up to the individual sees as right and wrong.

The church is going to have to stick to the preaching the gospel. The model presented on Way of the Master is affective and allows the holy spirit to convict, not the messenger. Anyother method leaves the church open for persecution.
LandscapeMan

Postby soonverysoon on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:51 pm

LandscapeMan wrote:I truely believe what this man published is true, however we are past the time when such a book or statements are productive. We are living in a time where the chuch is under more pressure than ever about what we say and do, being seen as judgemental.

I believe that we need to start addessing homosexuality in the context of sexual sin. By singleing out as specific behavior or activity we come across as being condeming. That plays into the hands of the the homosexual community, and the left.

Truth is that as things are going we are becoming less and less able to name anykind of sin. According to the law of man, sin is left up to the individual sees as right and wrong.

The church is going to have to stick to the preaching the gospel. The model presented on Way of the Master is affective and allows the holy spirit to convict, not the messenger. Anyother method leaves the church open for persecution.

I think this is more about this mans right to say someone is wrong.

If he said stealing is a sin or lust is a sin would he still be paying a fine? I think it is love to tell a person the truth.

Who is to say it was not the Holy Spirit that had him write what he did. God reaches us in many different ways.

The homosexual behavior and activity is condeming them to hell. They like all sinners need to repent and accept Jesus as their Lord.

I for one don't care who likes it or not, sin should not be cover up and no one say nothing about it.

It is not condeming to tell someone being evil...No Stop you are wrong. In fact you may be the only true friend they have.

soonverysoon
soonverysoon

Postby gridlost on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:06 pm

deleted
Last edited by gridlost on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
gridlost

Postby LandscapeMan on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:50 am

In principle I do not disagree with a thing you have said soonverysoon.

As christians we have to walk the line between presenting Gods mesage and commtting PR suicide. My point is that we need to do it the way Jesus taught. He never condemed, he always taught, and preached the gospel. The holy spirit will do its job if the message is sent the right way. The holy spirit will only have the opportunity if door are not closed before it gewts a chance.

I also think that sometimes people have such strong feeling about a act or situation that they charge out on their own thinking they are doing Gods work when in the long run they do the cause of Christ more harm than good. In those cases I have to think that satan wins the skirmish.

Take for instance the lady in palm springs a week or two ago. She went to a rally concerning prop 8 . She entered a hostile enviroment holding a cross. She never had a snowballs chance in hell of getting her mesage out. It was not the time or the place. Granted she was not hostile, and tried to portray a image of love. Truth was, that situation was a no win deal. The people that were protesting were not suddenly going to have a change of heart and repent. They only saw someone that represented opposition. By being there she gave them what they wanted and the media something to report. She was brave but in the end satan was the victor in that situation. God would have been better serve if she had stayed home.
LandscapeMan

Postby crmann on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:18 pm

LandscapeMan wrote:As christians we have to walk the line between presenting Gods mesage and commtting PR suicide. My point is that we need to do it the way Jesus taught. He never condemed, he always taught, and preached the gospel. The holy spirit will do its job if the message is sent the right way. The holy spirit will only have the opportunity if door are not closed before it gewts a chance.

John the Baptist wasn't quiet about condemming Herod Antipas' marriage to Herodias, the wife of Herod's brother Philip (Luke 3:19; Matthew 14:3–5, which was quite specific.

Of course, John the Baptist lost his head.

Blessings,

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby LandscapeMan on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:33 pm

John the baptist was before christ and the gospel message.
LandscapeMan

Postby crmann on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:33 pm

LandscapeMan wrote:John the baptist was before christ and the gospel message.

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 10:18And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:22And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

I would think this will be happening because we have told the truth.
crmann

Postby LandscapeMan on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:43 pm

It will be happening because we tell the truth. Prursecution for being a follower of Christ can come just from the way you live everyday.

I have never said that anyone should not speak up about their faith. I just do not think it is ever productive to go out looking for a fight or to stir up trouble. The trouble will come to you if its Gods will. When God puts you in that situation he will also provide you with what to say in response.

I have never seen anyone come out of a mud slinging looking good, wheather right or wrong.
LandscapeMan

Postby crmann on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:58 pm

LandscapeMan wrote:It will be happening because we tell the truth. Persecution for being a follower of Christ can come just from the way you live everyday.

Much truth in that....

I have never said that anyone should not speak up about their faith. I just do not think it is ever productive to go out looking for a fight or to stir up trouble. The trouble will come to you if its Gods will. When God puts you in that situation he will also provide you with what to say in response.

Yep... That's what he told the disciples...

I have never seen anyone come out of a mud slinging looking good, whether right or wrong.

Right again....

Maybe we need some of those good old fashioned hell fire preaching like we used to hear so long ago.

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby LandscapeMan on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Old timer where I come from we call that Horse Sense. Horse sense seems to be a lost trait.

Yoyu also might enjoy this, my grand dad always said that the good ol days were hard times viewed from a far.

Oh and the reason we do not have hell fire and brimstone preaching is because christians are to sensitive to handle having the light shed on their sin.
LandscapeMan

Postby gridlost on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:54 pm

deleted
Last edited by gridlost on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
gridlost

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:02 pm

gridlost wrote:LandscapeMan.

You are on a roll. Preach on!

He is indeed....:praise:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby crmann on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:20 pm

:rolllaughing:

I love you folk, one and all..

The Old Timer
crmann

Postby beeps on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:29 am

The confiscated his book because of what it says about homosexuals, well how long till they confiscate the Bible.

Not long.

Oh and I am not stockpiling weapons and food, stocklpile bibles instead.
beeps

Postby Adamantine on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:26 pm

1: to declare to be reprehensible, wrong, or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation <a policy widely condemned as racist>

the above defintion is the latest Websters.

I find nothing wrong with condemning an act as evil and the same for an individual who decides to adopt as policy the same evil.
I think the growing weakness of the Christian church at least in America comes from the wrong belief that it is somehow wrong to be so decidedly sure about what is right and wrong. My strongest critism of Billy Graham was that he may have been a little unclear on some sins not because he waffled but because he kept quiet.
Woe to you when all men speak well of you...
It is an honor to be reprimanded,censored,or jailed for the cause of Truth and especially as it relates to the cause of Christ.
No speaking disrespectfully, or with contempt, about the President, his Office, or the United States government. We are to respect the authority God places over us. It's OK to disagree. Just do it with respect.

Those who look to liberty to provide anything other than liberty itself are destined to live in slavery.

Men must obtain Truth from the Word of God
Adamantine

Postby kyle on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:54 pm

beeps wrote:Oh and I am not stockpiling weapons and food, stocklpile bibles instead.

(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby Pretzelogical on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:11 pm

Hebrews 11:7
"By faith Noah,
being warned by God about things not yet seen,
in reverence
prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world,
and became an heir of the righteousness
which is according to faith."
Pretzelogical

Postby LandscapeMan on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:49 pm

I read a post this morning that speaks to this subject as wel as anything I have read concerning hohmosexuality.
You can find it at RatureAlert.com. Look for the topis homosexuality and the rapture.
LandscapeMan

Postby Swayde on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:35 am

LandscapeMan wrote:I read a post this morning that speaks to this subject as wel as anything I have read concerning hohmosexuality.
You can find it at RatureAlert.com. Look for the topis homosexuality and the rapture.

I couldn't really stomach that article. Where's the fear of God? Did God not wipe out an entire city, 2 actually, because of their sins? Or what about the Flood? Babel? Are they really trying to say that it's okay to keep on sinning because we can't stop? Is our God not greater? Did Jesus not tell people to Repent and Sin No More? I fully expect to be punished for my sins, not an eternity in hell, but I do expect consequences for my actions. The Lord has delivered me from many big sins in my life, but yes, there are still things I am struggling with and will always struggle with, because I am not perfect, and no man is perfect. I am thankful that He knows my heart and that other humans are not to judge my eternal soul. I think the biggest disagreement I have with them is that it's not okay to just keep on sinning when you know you are doing wrong. That knowledge of good and evil is what condemns us. We have to make a choice to do good or do evil. If you ignore that conviction, and continue to do something you know in your heart is wrong, well then you should be afraid of sparking the anger of God and I do wish more preachers would actually teach that. That yes, our God is loving and just, but He is also a jealous God and does get angry and it's just not wise to push Him.

That article just seemed like more of the same old watered down Christianity that tickles everyone's ears, but doesn't encourage people to repent and doesn't bring conviction to people. :cry:
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby kyle on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 am

Swayde wrote:
LandscapeMan wrote:I fully expect to be punished for my sins, not an eternity in hell, but I do expect consequences for my actions.

If you mean once you die and are with Jesus, that you expect to be punished for your sins, you're in for a present surprise. :grin:

If you mean consequences while you're still on earth, though, there may be them. I still think you'll be pleasantly surprised, but even believers do sometimes have consequences for their sins while on earth (examples include cirrhosis of the liver, venereal diseases, broken marriages, jail time, etc.).
(Updated!) - Please pray for me - I very much need it

Also, (on a completely unrelated note to the prayer request) am I the only one annoyed with people labeling others as "false teachers" or "heretics" because they disagree with your timeline of events when according to Peter, even the prophets themselves didn't completely understand what they were writing? Debate is fine (and even fruitful at times), but let's save those labels for those who truly are false teachers and heretics (and in this day and age, there are plenty to choose from). As long as someone believes in a literal, future return of Christ, I'm fine with them.
kyle

Postby Swayde on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:12 pm

kyle wrote:
Swayde wrote:
LandscapeMan wrote:I fully expect to be punished for my sins, not an eternity in hell, but I do expect consequences for my actions.

If you mean once you die and are with Jesus, that you expect to be punished for your sins, you're in for a present surprise. :grin:

If you mean consequences while you're still on earth, though, there may be them. I still think you'll be pleasantly surprised, but even believers do sometimes have consequences for their sins while on earth (examples include cirrhosis of the liver, venereal diseases, broken marriages, jail time, etc.).

Nooo I mean here on earth. I've already paid a lot of consequences for my choices in sinning and I know there will be more. I am thankful though that my eyes were opened and that I can see the sins clearly and see the punishments/consequences of them clearly and also see how it was completely, 100%, my own fault, direct results of decisions I made! I am sure I probably can't see some small things, but many very large incidents and bad things that have happened to me were quite clearly results of me rebelling against God and/or my parents.

Jesus paid the price for my eternity. He ransomed me and that price has already been paid for my eternal soul =)

For example, I disobeyed my parents one day...They gave me permission to go visit a friend at her house with their car. Their explicit directions were to go there, spend some time and come straight home...I agreed to that, however, I decided to make a detour on my way home and visit a friend that I really shouldn't have been associating with and that my parents did not approve of. Not 5 minutes after I left that second friend's house, I was involved in a car accident that was one of those totally freak incidents that like never happen. Fortunately nobody was hurt and for a long time I refused to accept the blame for the accident. Once I truly repented of my sins and gave my life to Jesus several years ago, I realized that technically the accident itself was not my fault, however, if I'd only obeyed my parents in the first place (Hello 10 Commandments!) then I never would have been in that situation, so it was my fault!

There have been a lot more things that I was able to see much more clearly after truly being saved. I say that because I was baptised as a baby, grew up in church my whole life, and even "gave my heart" to Jesus on multiple occasions before I really, truly repented and surrendered my life to God.

Oh I am far from perfect. But each time I am aware of something, the Lord helps me to get past it...from promiscuous sex to drinking to smoking to drugs to even biting my finger nails.... I still have issues, like over eating, being lazy, lack of patience (really not sure I want to ask for help on that one cause I dont think I want to go thru the trials to get patience lol), anger issues (which have improved HUGELY since I got saved)...and then I am sure there are plenty of other things that haven't come to light yet, that I will be worked on eventually =)

A pastor once told me I am like a diamond in the rough and God was no where near through with me yet, and it's been true, and I think the same can really be said for all of us =)
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby redeemed1953 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 am

Oh I am far from perfect. But each time I am aware of something, the Lord helps me to get past it...from promiscuous sex to drinking to smoking to drugs to even biting my finger nails.... I still have issues, like over eating, being lazy, lack of patience (really not sure I want to ask for help on that one cause I dont think I want to go thru the trials to get patience lol), anger issues (which have improved HUGELY since I got saved)...and then I am sure there are plenty of other things that haven't come to light yet, that I will be worked on eventually =)

:armor:
Hi--I think we are practically cousins!!

I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Saviour...John Newton
redeemed1953

Postby Exit40 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:39 am

Hi Barbara. If I may say, the fruit of the Lord working in your Spirit is very obvious to me, you are indeed a blessing.

A pastor once told me I am like a diamond in the rough and God was no where near through with me yet, and it's been true, and I think the same can really be said for all of us =)

Then I must be an old lump of coal !

God Bless You

David
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:44 pm

crmann wrote:
Maybe we need some of those good old fashioned hell fire preaching like we used to hear so long ago.

The Old Timer

AMEN! This "political correctness" stuff that muzzles talk about hell, sin and judgment is clearly the work of Satan.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Return to SIGNS